Two teenage boys on motorcycle killed by ‘revenge’ hit and run

webfact

20 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

I saw those stats, and guess, nearly all african countries follow in the same range as Thailand but with a 10th of the number of vehicles per capita on the road.

In absolute numbers you are right, but those absolute numbers also tell us that per vehicle the fatalities increase 100 fold for the African countries.

Absolute numbers are nice, but you need to know how to interpret them correctly.

When I went to school 25,000 was more than 10,000 if there is another way to interpret them then I missed that

Fact its better to look at the percentage of fatalities per 100,000 population but not in Thailands case mind though, no improvement there either

You are welcome to interpret them in any way you wish, including the way that suits your agenda

7 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

But how many cars on the road compared to Thai? 
That does make a difference. 

Read his post again he said in his experience the drivers in Namibia where a class above the road users in Thailand

Why you no LISTEN as the Chinese say

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

When I went to school 25,000 was more than 10,000 if there is another way to interpret them then I missed that

Fact its better to look at the percentage of fatalities per 100,000 population but not in Thailands case mind though, no improvement there either

You are welcome to interpret them in any way you wish, including the way that suits your agenda

No agenda.

But it is simple,  100.000 vehicles and a population of 13 million, your percentage per 100k population will ALWAYS be low, this you also should know if you went to school.

I am not saying the roads in Thailand are safe, and besides Libya with even worse statistics, Thailand needs to seriously improve their laws to improve road safety.

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

No agenda.

But it is simple,  100.000 vehicles and a population of 13 million, your percentage per 100k population will ALWAYS be low, this you also should know if you went to school.

I am not saying the roads in Thailand are safe, and besides Libya with even worse statistics, Thailand needs to seriously improve their laws to improve road safety.

You can argue figures till the cows come home if thats your thing, but lets stick to reality the problem in Thailand can be firmly layed at the feet of the money culture and the poor attitude this has bred in the average Thai road user

20 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

As the piece of string once said to the clothes peg Fraid Knot

One country and thats Libya which is a failed state meets your criteria, possible because some halfwit insists on pointing his AK47 in their direction

I suggest you stick to comtemplating your navel rather than posting BS

You might want to go back to school and go take some courses on statistics and keep your BS comments to yourself. 

I have read some retarded comments, but you really give it an totally new meaning.

Just now, Bastos60 said:

You might want to go back to school and go take some courses on statistics and keep your BS comments to yourself. 

I have read some retarded comments, but you really give it an totally new meaning.

Thank you that proves I am not barking up the wrong tree

Most dangerous roads in the World IMO.

Road rage seems to be rampant now as well, with daily attacks with weapons, rammings and vehicular manslaughter all a regular occurrence. 

I have said it before and will countless times again, this is what happens when you jump a single generation from buffalo to a motor vehicle. There simply isn't the time to adapt, whether that be proper driver education, law enforcement, build proper infrastructure or to learn basic skills in charge of a motor vehicle. All these have taken place over decades in other countries.

You have to learn to crawl before you can walk. 

I went from a bicycle to a car in 1 year. Must be in my superior genes I guess OR in my country we receive proper driver training and the police enforce traffic laws more than they do here :rolleyes:

Also, do you seriously believe cars were only introduced here "generations" after everywhere else :huh: The royal family brought the car into Thailand in 1900. Hell, Thailand started manufacturing cars in the 60s. :rolleyes:

On 6/26/2017 at 10:25 PM, Bastos60 said:

Just about every country in Africa.  Just about every vehicle you see on the street has caused an accident at some point while it is used.

Africa:giggle:does Africa have the equivalent of tourist authority of Thailand? Does Africa purport to be the hub of everything under the sun?