A/C problems truck - help please

notrub

The A/C  in my truck has begun to work intermittently.  I took it to the garage and they just pumped air into the system or something and said it was just too hot.  The truck has about 40,000 km on it and this has not occurred before.  I have been going to Buriram and back about 1 time per week, 100 km each way at 100+ km / hour in hot weather too.  Recently, the A/C works fine, then it stops producing cold air.  When I turn it off for 10 or 15 minutes it works again on restarting it.  This is while driving and I don't turn off the motor during this A/C restart process.  I don't mind paying to get it fixed but don't want to replace parts that are not the cause of the problem (understandably).  The truck is a Tata and works well apart from this.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Almost sounds like it's been over charged - freezes up - stops/warms - then works again....

Hopefully someone can give you advice as to a good A/C shop in your area....They are not all equal....

They probably just topped up the GAS, the refrigerant. If the gas pressure is low the system won't work. I am not familiar with your ride but does it have an electric fan at the front attached to the A/C "radiator" or does it rely on the engine mechanical fan to cool it...?

Sounds to me like it is freezing up? First thing is monitor the temp and when the dashboard air is not getting cold  turn the temp control to zero but keep the under-dash fan running.  Then after about a minute of so turn the temp control back to where it was.

Then have a look at or replace the relay that switches the AC on and off or the one that operates the AC cooling fan under the hood. They are not bomb proof.