Teaching At An Aviation School

old wanderer

I noted this in the Issan form:

Aviation University in NKP

For the past 10 years I have been teaching everywhere in the world for Boeing. I am about to either transfer to Sinapore (if they let me) or just retire with my Thai wife to Thailand. I love to teach and have both Pilot and Maintence credentials...I have taught classes even at Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways...

I think I would proably qualify as an expert under the rule (Boeing certainly acknowledges that).

While most of this forum limits themselves to English....what about teach very technical subjects like flight training, or aircraft maintenance training?

I intend to keep a close eye on the Issan posting and see what developes....

Since teaching is an occupation open to foreigners, you could (at least in theory) teach any subject in Thailand, if they'd hire you. If, that is, you can teach it in a language the students understand. You could teach Peruvian handcrafts, in the Pashtun language, to auto mechanics in Udon Thani, if they'd hire you.

Old Wanderer,

Few days ago, I have send you a Private Message in order you send me your CV.

First concerning IAC NPU, we are going to teach at ICAO & JAR Standard respecting the regulations ICAO & JAR. If you have the experience and the credentials and if you fulfill the ICAO / JAR standards to be flight ground or simulator instructor send me your CV.

But, be alerted: sorry to tell you that the required standard are high. The FAA standards concerning the Pilot Licences are not sufficient to enter a major US Airline, some Academic degrees + an important General Aviation experience or a USAF experience are also required. That is the reason why the European Standards (JAR) are more appreciated worldwide. More the JAR standards are updated on the latest technologies. As a consequence, teaching only at FAA standards is not giving the required credentials to enter in our team, we will consider all your professional experience and the other backgrounds.

Secondly, following the previously required demand of CV, I am troubled by this post and the negative impact it seems to impulse.

For your information, we are a team of Instructors with a sound aviation experience as well than with years of instructor experience (In professional schools and/ or in Airlines): some are coming from Airlines like Air France, Lufthansa, British Airways, . Several of us have been in managerial position, There is not such an equivalent team in all the SE Asia...

Concerning the Engineering training, we will respect JAR part 66...

And as a former aviation professsional, you should know that there are some rules specific to the Aviation training. instructors have to be acceptable by ICAO regulations, DCA and in our case, also acceptable by most of the foreign authorities including European ones.

Not everybody may teach aviation subjects in Licensing Training....

Regards

Edited by Asian Frog

Peace Blondie,

For your information (And all the readers), in 1944 most of the Nations have signed what is named " The Chicago Convention" for organising the aviation traffic worldwide. An organisation named ICAO, depending on the UN, is in charge to manage this Convention (and the following amendments and/or corrections). Pilots, Engineers, and some ground staff (Exploitation) have to be "Licensed". Only at this condition, registered aircraft of one country may be authorised to fly to or over an other country. Aviation Administrations (In Thailand DCA), are in charge to survey the system. As a result, no school, no university may deliver a "Licence" without inspection and approval by the Civil Aviation Authority, and no Bachelor degree or other diploma by itself may replace a "Licence" (But you may have a Licence + an other diploma required by an employer). Civil Aviation Authorities have to enforce the international agreements and concerning the Licensing, it is the "Annex 1" to Chicago Convention. As a result, Instructors and staff involved in the Civil Aviation Training for Licensed personnel have to fulfill some requirements. Not anyone can be instructor in a Licensing organisation (Pilot or Engineer) and Thailand respects the ICAO standards.

You can have been " Instructor for Boeing, Airbus or Tupoleev" and have no experience and a limited knowledge on the topics taught for specific licensing staff. There must be a strong background permitting to cover the licensing syllabus annd as instructor certainly you must know more ....

Thanks for the Safety of Aviation

Edited by Asian Frog

i thought it was a reasoned response

u can teach what ever you wish if allowed

If ALLOWED: In Malaysia, some people have tried to set up on their own an Aviation School (Pilot Training): it finished by heavy fines and threat of jail...

Edited by Asian Frog