English TV

hocuspocus

After losing EXPAT TV can someone please tell what is the best satellite tv company to get some English tv programs in Thailand. I need sports to cover Wimbledon etc and Formula I and also news programs to include Sky News or BBC news .I have an Android box but that is not very good and I need to watch it on the big screen, not on the laptop.Thanks in advance.

There is not really a choice for what you want True is the only satellite tv company that has

all the things you want but no Sky, BBC yes.

There are I believe some iffy companies around also.

Edited by phuketjock
addition

get yourself an android box   lazada have then  dont choose the cheapo ones (just advising)   download MOBDRO  for android for free.  you will wonder why you ever paid for uk tv before

but you will need at least 6 mb internet

Edited by Lamkyong
edit

4 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

get yourself an android box   lazada have then  dont choose the cheapo ones (just advising)   download MOBDRO  for android for free.  you will wonder why you ever paid for uk tv before

but you will need at least 6 mb internet

" I have an Android box " Guess you missed this part of the op?  and the fact that he is asking about satellite.

Edited by phuketjock
addition

An android box is only as good as the programs on it and your internet of course.

All of the Op's requirements are available on the net for free. It is good for him and others to have this option if the satellite service he wants is not to his liking or not available.

15 hours ago, hocuspocus said:

After losing EXPAT TV can someone please tell what is the best satellite tv company to get some English tv programs in Thailand.

ExpatTV was a streaming service.

Are you sure that you are looking for a satellite service and not another streaming service?

If you do want to go the streaming route, try the following free apks: TeaTV and Terarrium TV.

Both have great reviews.

4 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

ExpatTV was a streaming service.

Are you sure that you are looking for a satellite service and not another streaming service?

If you do want to go the streaming route, try the following free apks: TeaTV and Terarrium TV.

Both have great reviews.

I think the OP is looking for Live tv , BBC news - Sky News - F1, and to my knowledge those apps stream movies and tv shows only

19 hours ago, tlcwaterfall said:

All of the Op's requirements are available on the net for free.

They are also available for a reasonable price if one needs 720/1080p HD/FHD live streaming quality that doesn't have ads, doesn't hang, buffer every 5 minutes or need new software or source updates every other day. 

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

They are also available for a reasonable price if one needs 720/1080p HD/FHD live streaming quality that doesn't have ads, doesn't hang, buffer every 5 minutes or need new software or source updates every other day. 

Great post.

Have you any suggestions for the services at a reasonable price to help the OP?

I am sure others may be interested if you could offer some suggestions?

Company name. Web address. Prices etc. 

Edited by tlcwaterfall

Having just returned to LOS and looked for my paid Expat Tv without success ... I would love to know what is out there with 5-9 day backup and the same quality as Expat TV with on-screen schedules ( 99% UK stations) - without jumping through hoops. ie: as simple as possible.

Principally having HD quality of UK stations with 5-9 day backup (without buffering) is my goal.

I am looking for a paid service that will survive the current turmoil.

Many Thanks in advance

21 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Live sports events have too much buffer for a paid service but other channels work OK. I've got a 50mbps download ISP so not entirely impressed.

Works fine for me. Been watching the cricket and rugby.

Only problems are the 3.00 EPL games and most providers seem to be the same.

For me the once flawless 'Flawless' is becoming increasingly less reliable. A few weeks ago they reorganised their servers and I started to see a few issues; at first only with the catch-up but now more and more with the live streaming. It's unfortunate because it was previously very, very good.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Terrarium TV, then again, is another contestant in this market. Be that as it may, it appears to have learnt from the missteps of the others. There are less issues when contrasted with its ShowBox partner. It runs easily for most part and there are not really any accidents. Besides, as of now said it has wide accumulation of films and appears and is likewise consistently refreshed. Terrarium is likewise lightweight and along these lines does not gobble up the gadgets assets as much as Showbox. Terrarium Tv For pc is likewise working awesome subsequent to settling the issues.