Old Brit gases himself to death but cops want to speak to Thai girlfriend after he scrapped his will

webfact

19 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

I don't think that everybody considers committing suicide is weak and spineless. 

On the contrary.   I think taking the decision to end one's life, provided it's an age, or disease related problem, I think it's the responsible thing to do, and I'll certainly be going down that path. 

Unfortunately, many see it as a solution to their short term problems, hence the cliche......a long term solution to a short term problem.  Being ditched, robbed, beaten, whatever, by the Thai gf doesn't qualify as grounds!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, whatawonderfulday said:

I would say a proper post mortem  should be carried out to establish the cause and time of death.   This "bottle" purported to have contained nitrogen has a unique serial number if it was from a reputable Thai manufacturer and has traceability to a supplier.  ( well should have if the manufacturer is ISO certified) and would have come from somewhere and acquired by someone. Of course I know it is a stretch to expect the RTP to do anything other to extort money, but a full investigation should establish all of the facts , including, amongst many things, where and when it was bought, before stating it was probably suicide.

Having said that there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that the use of liquid hydrogen to commit suicide is a quick and painless end to ones troubles. 

Liquid HYDROGEN?    What was he doing, killing himself or heading to the moon??   Who knows?    Might be the same place we find ourselves?

https://www.nasa.gov/content/liquid-hydrogen-the-fuel-of-choice-for-space-exploration

Edited by F4UCorsair

On 01/07/2017 at 7:10 AM, Orton Rd said:

It was 55 before June 23 last year and never 42 in the 6 years before that, pensioners have been hit hard the last year.

Quite right, where does sanemax get his "facts" from??. Barmiest post I have seen in a while. Do buck up maxie.

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:35 AM, halloween said:

Many years ago, was working in a reactor vessel (3m diameter x 3m height) under a full N2 atmosphere using a long-line breather. stopped for a rest and my safety man stuck his head in the top hatch to check on me, and immediately passed out. He was kneeling so easy to push him out, and he regained consciousness before I was out of the hatch. No ill effects and no idea what had happened.

Not a bad way to go.

I agree that it's not a bad way to go, some call it an exit bag. Nitrogen and helium both are commonly used and are supposed to suppress the need for oxygen.

On 7/5/2017 at 2:37 AM, ramrod711 said:

I agree that it's not a bad way to go, some call it an exit bag. Nitrogen and helium both are commonly used and are supposed to suppress the need for oxygen.

The human body doesn't have a sense to detect lack of oxygen, the suffocation reflex is caused by the accumulation of CO2 in our body if we can't breathe (correct me if I'm wrong). By breathing nitrogen there's no feeling of suffocation, but you're completely depriving your body of oxygen, hence the accidental deaths described in another post. If the brain gets no oxygen, one passes out very quickly, in less than 30 seconds. From there, if you're not given oxygen, it's only a matter of minutes.  

8 hours ago, Sapporillo said:

The human body doesn't have a sense to detect lack of oxygen, the suffocation reflex is caused by the accumulation of CO2 in our body if we can't breathe (correct me if I'm wrong). By breathing nitrogen there's no feeling of suffocation, but you're completely depriving your body of oxygen, hence the accidental deaths described in another post. If the brain gets no oxygen, one passes out very quickly, in less than 30 seconds. From there, if you're not given oxygen, it's only a matter of minutes.  

That is abolutely correct. However helium, which is widely available for filling toy balloons (its lighter than air), has been used in so many suicide cases that it is now routinely mixed with about 10% oxygen, which is enough to keep a person alive. However, nitrogen and argon are also easily available (they are used for welding).

On 7/7/2017 at 4:40 AM, Bonefish said:

That is abolutely correct. However helium, which is widely available for filling toy balloons (its lighter than air), has been used in so many suicide cases that it is now routinely mixed with about 10% oxygen, which is enough to keep a person alive. However, nitrogen and argon are also easily available (they are used for welding).

I did not know that helium is mixed with oxygen nowadays, but it doesn't surprise me. So the government recommends jumping off a bridge instead?

On 30/06/2017 at 8:33 AM, whatawonderfulday said:

I would say a proper post mortem  should be carried out to establish the cause and time of death.   This "bottle" purported to have contained nitrogen has a unique serial number if it was from a reputable Thai manufacturer and has traceability to a supplier.  ( well should have if the manufacturer is ISO certified) and would have come from somewhere and acquired by someone. Of course I know it is a stretch to expect the RTP to do anything other to extort money, but a full investigation should establish all of the facts , including, amongst many things, where and when it was bought, before stating it was probably suicide.

Having said that there is quite a lot of evidence to suggest that the use of liquid hydrogen to commit suicide is a quick and painless end to ones troubles. 

Helium is safer than hydrogen.

On 30/06/2017 at 9:09 AM, YetAnother said:

well, was there a valid will or not ?

Why do YOU NEED to know?

On 01/07/2017 at 0:16 PM, F4UCorsair said:

On the contrary.   I think taking the decision to end one's life, provided it's an age, or disease related problem, I think it's the responsible thing to do, and I'll certainly be going down that path. 

Unfortunately, many see it as a solution to their short term problems, hence the cliche......a long term solution to a short term problem.  Being ditched, robbed, beaten, whatever, by the Thai gf doesn't qualify as grounds!!

I am way ahead of you there.

I spent a lot of time researching what to do and what is involved.

Plenty of information available on the internet.

I have a folder on my pc and a hard copy of what to do, who to contact, family, pensions etc, embassy, what I would like to happen to my remains, even down to starting to build a file on what music I would like to be played.

Everything in Thailand will go to my wife, or if she pre-deceases me to our son. There isn't a lot of my stuff as the house and land belongs to my wife anyway.

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

mmm maybe 58 year old Thai lady was cancelled from will She did not like it Maybe her husband decided ok lets fix this guy up Who knows what happens in the land of smiles Its a dangerous place

Maybe, just maybe, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

I am way ahead of you there.

I spent a lot of time researching what to do and what is involved.

Plenty of information available on the internet.

I have a folder on my pc and a hard copy of what to do, who to contact, family, pensions etc, embassy, what I would like to happen to my remains, even down to starting to build a file on what music I would like to be played.

Everything in Thailand will go to my wife, or if she pre-deceases me to our son. There isn't a lot of my stuff as the house and land belongs to my wife anyway.

We're on the same page billd.

On 30/06/2017 at 3:13 AM, robblok said:

In the Netherlands... 16 million people there are 5 suicides per day.. That is quite a few. So I am not suprised to see suicides of foreigners here.. especially as older people are more prone to suicide.  This is a clear case of suicide.. in a way a Thai would never do it and still people are claiming something else. 

There are 17 suicides in the UK each year. 

Usually men aged between 16 and 45 it is the most common way to die in this age group.

1 hour ago, autanic said:

There are 17 suicides in the UK each year. 

Usually men aged between 16 and 45 it is the most common way to die in this age group.

A quick Google will tell you that you're miles out. Its about 6000/year.

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Maybe, just maybe, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

See you have no sense of humor Lighten up mate its not serious Heaps of farang kill them selves over ladies here after they have been taken for  a ride Cheers

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

We're on the same page billd.

Only if your wife can speak Geordie fluently can she deal with the state pension people in Newcastle.

Even I have a problem at times understanding them.

Forward planning helps your wife and family through a very difficult period in their lives especially as you will not be avaiable to answer their questions.

Also a good friend helps, as does being a member of something like the RBL, RAFA etc

Edited by billd766
Added extra text