Buying a Gas BBQ in the UK. Is the coupling the same?

jacobsladder

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

System is,  in line, bottle - regulator - hose to bbq.

Buy the bottle, regulater and hose here and fit them.

Probably better for him to buy the BBQ here as well. Otherwise he risks considerably raised eyebrows both when checking in for his flight from the UK and, again, when passing through Customs at BKK!:shock1:

Just now, OJAS said:

Probably better for him to buy the BBQ here as well. Otherwise he risks considerably raised eyebrows both when checking in for his flight from the UK and, again, when passing through Customs at BKK!:shock1:

I have one that I brought back flat pack from Oz with no problems.

Bought the bottle,reg and hose here.

A bit heavy but business class 40kg, so two of us 80kg covered it.

19 hours ago, overherebc said:

I have one that I brought back flat pack from Oz with no problems.

Bought the bottle,reg and hose here.

A bit heavy but business class 40kg, so two of us 80kg covered it.

Did you have to declare it to Customs upon arrival at BKK and pay duty on it?

On 7/2/2017 at 3:11 AM, jacobsladder said:

I'm not taking it on a plane, its being shipped by sea with a bunch of personal possessions.

In which case you might wish to consider how the grill which you are planning to purchase in the UK compares in price (including shipping costs and Customs duty as well, of course) with a similar model purchased here - e.g. www.bbqgrillsthai.com

Not to mention that any replacement grill which might prove necessary during the guarantee period would clearly be much easier for you to obtain had you purchased the original here rather than in the UK.

Would suggest you obtain extra burners as they (even SS) do not last long here in the high humidity.  Buying local does not guarantee availability and most local prices for actual grills have been quite high for anything but Chinese tin foil quality (tried a replacement from major DIY store and lasted less than a year before rusting away).  I have a small Kenmore very thick aluminum model from 1977 and is still being used - but have to replace burner every couple of years.

Archived