Cost of living in BKK... USD 640 a month!

visaTerebi

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 07/07/2017 at 11:10 AM, Thai Ron said:

Yeah this is why I insist on living no more than 50m from a 7-11.

I'm within 25 meters of a 7-11 and a Family Mart here so all good

Carrying 2 X 5-liter bottles of water in 35-40 degree heat more than a few meters is too much like hard work.

I'm thinking long and hard about getting a filter plumbed in, though.

The only reason I carry water is for the exercise because . Get 20 liter container at Tesco  and then take the stairs instead of the lift, 

a water filter would be cheaper  in the long run but then I'd only get lazier 

11 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Not sure why you continue with this attack.

I already suggested you ask the guy that posted the comment as to what was meant by it.

Yourself and one other made a reply to me on my reply to the guy that posted the comment that you object to. I just thought he was joking.

It seems you lack  much more than a sense of humour.

My " ignore idiots and trolls" list awaits you.

Please do

On 7/6/2017 at 10:27 AM, little mary sunshine said:

One opinion.....amazing the Company has 10'S of millions of

customers willing to pay a premium price for a premium coffee.

Some people are just to cheap to pay for good quality!

And some people are just to stupid and irrelevant and want to expose themselves in such a places like a Starbucks,cos. no other virtues!

18 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

And some people are to broke to be able

to afford

good coffee in a wonderful, clean environment 

Are you still trying to make out that you're rich because you buy coffee in Starbucks?

It's like 4 dollars for a large cappuccino, mate - you don't have to be rich to buy one.

Ultimately, you're just a common retiree benefiting from exchange rate wealth that gives you an advantage over the average Thai yet you insist on strutting around this thread like you're a Rothschild.

Everyone's laughing at you.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Are you still trying to make out that you're rich because you buy coffee in Starbucks?

It's like 4 dollars for a large cappuccino, mate - you don't have to be rich to buy one.

Ultimately, you're just a common retiree benefiting from exchange rate wealth that gives you an advantage over the average Thai yet you insist on strutting around this thread like you're a Rothschild.

Everyone's laughing at you.

Not implying I am rich, very very comfortably tho,

what I am implying is that those that can't afford

some little indulgence always find fault with the

car, company or product especially put down other

people that enjoy the nicer things they can't afford...

Sounds like You!! And your type!!

boiling water is wasting energy, bad for the environment ?  i have a feeling energy is used to produce the bottled water, not to mention transport it (which is bad for environment).  so i'm sure my method is the least use of energy/best for environment.   not all the plastic gets recycled, just look at the beaches in thailand.  plastic bottles come in with the tides quite often.

I was mainly talking about the water filter machine. Yes boiling water is probably better then wasting plastic bottles. But you could quite easy recycle them. But there is no way boiling water is more environmentally friendly then the water machines.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I decided to sit down and calculate it.

Rent

Drinking Water

Food

Sundries

The minimum amount I got was USD640, most of that was rent (15,000b) a month.

No going out, eating the cheapest meal a day.

OK.  Now some things for reality

Medical Insurance.

Auto or motorbike insurance

Visa Costs, travel or permits, etc

Western Food or even higher quality Thai Food

Entertainment.  Wide range here, but if no fun then you are not living, you are just existing

Many ways to survive cheaply.  Get a room mate, no Air, etc.  Not a great way to live and grow I suggest.

10 hours ago, juice777 said:

Your right you don't have to be rich to buy a coffee in starbucks

Just stupid

Or simply fancy drinking a coffee on the way somewhere, the price of the coffee is inconsequential to most, its the convenience. Most people are not coffee aficionados (snobs) and simply think it tastes nice regardless of whether it is 'proper' coffee or not.

Not sure why that makes someone stupid?

Or simply fancy drinking a coffee on the way somewhere, the price of the coffee is inconsequential to most, its the convenience. Most people are not coffee aficionados (snobs) and simply think it tastes nice regardless of whether it is 'proper' coffee or not.

Not sure why that makes someone stupid?

Because it's coffee and it cost 5 times the price a coffee should cost. And one of those frapple things with cream has a ridiculous amount of sugar, I think it might have been about 10 tea spoons. Not to mention it's one of the most pretentious places in the world.

I just googled it

https://www.thespruce.com/sugar-in-starbucks-drinks-765057

Just now, juice777 said:

Because it's coffee and it cost 5 times the price a coffee should cost. And one of those frapple things with cream has a ridiculous amount of sugar I think it might have been about 10 tea spoons I read. Not to mention it's one of the most pretentious places in the world.

Its a coffee, most people could not care less what mark up there is, or if somewhere is pretentious or not. I dislike pretentious places, but don't find much to dislike walking into Starbucks, ordering coffee, sitting down reading the paper or waiting for 15 minutes and then continue on my day. I don't think drinking a Starbucks coffee once in a while is going to cause a health problem regardless of the sugar content. 

Its a coffee, most people could not care less what mark up there is, or if somewhere is pretentious or not. I dislike pretentious places, but don't find much to dislike walking into Starbucks, ordering coffee, sitting down reading the paper or waiting for 15 minutes and then continue on my day. I don't think drinking a Starbucks coffee once in a while is going to cause a health problem regardless of the sugar content. 

Some people drink it 2 times a day and spend a fortune on it

Here is a link to how much sugar is in some of there drinks people should just avoid the place out of principle.

https://www.thespruce.com/sugar-in-starbucks-drinks-765057.

I have lived here in Bangkok as well Chiangmai. This question keeps getting asked over and over. Answer boils down how comfortable do you want it? I prefer up north but Thai family live here!

Oh I came here in 72 during the war, I know these people for so long time, so to answer go back to How Comfortable do you want I t?  I am sick and old now,  I live in a older condo. I am very comfortable got people who love me take care of me. I great with respect and I get it. Can answer questions if you want? Peace!

12 hours ago, juice777 said:

Because it's coffee and it cost 5 times the price a coffee should cost. And one of those frapple things with cream has a ridiculous amount of sugar, I think it might have been about 10 tea spoons. Not to mention it's one of the most pretentious places in the world.

If you think Starbucks is pretentious you must have been to some complete *hitholes in your life.  

Archived