Chinese New Year.

Sunlion

This trip to northen Thailand in Feb, will be the first for me after 15+ visits to LOS.

I see that the Chinese New Year will fall in 18/20 Feb.I will most likely be in CM at that time.But I could end up in

BKK or Pattaya or Hua hin.I was wondering where,or if all were going to have things going on then ,Or is one place would be

better than the other?

Thanks to all,

Chris

China Town - Bangkok

"Certainly a nationwide celebration, obviously Bangkok’s Chinatown is a ‘must see’. Parades, exhibitions, floats, Chinese Opera and one of the world’s longest Chines Dragon’s – it’s all there to see! Celebrations wind their way down Yaowarat Road from the Thai-Chinese Gate to Ratchawong Road. If you can handle the noise of the fireworks, Chinese New Year in Chinatown is a must"

This trip to northen Thailand in Feb, will be the first for me after 15+ visits to LOS.

I see that the Chinese New Year will fall in 18/20 Feb.I will most likely be in CM at that time.But I could end up in

BKK or Pattaya or Hua hin.I was wondering where,or if all were going to have things going on then ,Or is one place would be

better than the other?

Thanks to all,

Chris

Come to Singapore to celebrate CNY, especially in China Town.

China Town - Bangkok

"Certainly a nationwide celebration, obviously Bangkok's Chinatown is a 'must see'. Parades, exhibitions, floats, Chinese Opera and one of the world's longest Chines Dragon's – it's all there to see! Celebrations wind their way down Yaowarat Road from the Thai-Chinese Gate to Ratchawong Road. If you can handle the noise of the fireworks, Chinese New Year in Chinatown is a must"

Thanks Tywais~

One other Q is the White Orchid or Golden Orchid in China town?I know one of them are, because I booked one for them

close to the airport in Oct and ended up in china town.

Thanks...again

OR is there a better place to stay? for under 1,500to 2,000

I've been to China town i think in 2004 - too crowded for me, I don't think I'll go again.

I think better go to Penang - it is 80% Chinese there comparing to the rest of Malaysia.

in Thailand I am not sure it is a good.

I went to Yaowarat (Chinatown) for Chinese New Year 2001/2002. It sucked bigtime. No restrictions on the amount of people, so everyone was there at the same time, creating a crowd of the type popular among pickpockets and gropers, and not so popular with pretty much everyone else. The restaurants had hiked up their prices to completely unreasonable levels - steamed fish which would typically be 150-250 baht on any other day, they now charged 650 baht for... etc. etc.