The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

56 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

His Excellency The Right Honourable and Most Awesome guitarist ever to live, David G's

Sorry, but that honour, IMO, belongs to the one and only Carlos Santana. While Pink Floyd made the best albums of all time, Carlos made magic singles.

Oh, where are all the great bands/ musicians now? Sadly, nowhere to be heard.

23 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Nobody mentioned those gifted musicians and wholly underrated band 10cc yet? Much more of a studio band due to the complexity of their music but they did pump out some memorable tunes. 

Who did not jiggle around in an embarrassing manner to "rubber bullets"?

if truth be known my first ever bass solo was derived from "don't feel the benefit" 

Hmmmm. The only track I had time for was "I'm not in love", but to each his own.

The problem with having a wide ranging taste in music that there are just too many really great musicians/ bands to list on a forum like this.

First singer I really got off on was Rockin' Rod's "Every picture tells a story" album, and the song I really got off on was "You wear it well" Still love it. Floyd, Fleetwood Mac etc all came years later for me.

The Big O, Chuck Berry, Enya, Dire Straits and probably hundreds of other great bands/ musicians were the sound track of my life ( as some have said ).

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

Nobody mentioned those gifted musicians and wholly underrated band 10cc yet? Much more of a studio band due to the complexity of their music but they did pump out some memorable tunes. 

Who did not jiggle around in an embarrassing manner to "rubber bullets"?

if truth be known my first ever bass solo was derived from "don't feel the benefit" 

Yes 10cc !! A very much underrated band.

Dreadlocks holiday.
Art for arts sake.
I'm Mandy fly me.
And who could forget The Wall Street shuffle !!

Of course I'm not in love was their biggest hit but for me it was played to death and god only knows how many pimply youths sat crying in their beer when it came on the jukebox reminiscing about some lost love or simply crying over their forgetfulness in buying some " jonny's " from the pub toilet before that one night stand 9 months previously.

( the last paragraph is only hypothetical, not based on myself.........honest guv )
  • Like 2

On 2017-7-2 at 2:50 AM, Odysseus123 said:

I have never seen any change in No 1 BIL who is a grade A bludger and sponger.Takes from his miserably oppressed wife and any other female in the family and has astonishing delusions of grandeur-which certainly do not encompass the concept of work.

Unfortunately my wife and other members of the family contributed to his last enterprise which was a karaoke bar where he and his mates promptly drank all the profits.

"He my brother...we are family."

Fathers,uncles,brothers and sons-it really makes very little difference up here where I live.

I couldn't stay with a wife like that.

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, but that honour, IMO, belongs to the one and only Carlos Santana. While Pink Floyd made the best albums of all time, Carlos made magic singles.

Oh, where are all the great bands/ musicians now? Sadly, nowhere to be heard.

Carlos was a gifted musician beachy dude, on that I do not disagree however he could only pluck guitar strings and, to me at least, could not plumb the heights and depths of emotions that Gilly could and did. 

Horses for courses. 

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, madusa said:

This problem is the legacy of those days when Thailand was land of plenty. In ancient days we talking about 200 years or more Thailand didn't have a big population and the land provided more than enough to eat. They only had to work few hours to get enough foods to eat. Subsistence farming that is what we called it today. They didn't even bother to store up more foods in case of famine or natural disaster because they were hardly any.  They grow enough to eat and rest of the time they sang songs and fornicated(is copulate a more polite word i wonder).

So if a child grew up and not willing to help much in farming or doing other work to earn a living they could easily put up with that, they just fed him, after all foods were cheap then. Imagine in old days, they ate handful of sticky rice with a bit of chili and some fish and that was it.

Now the Farangs are wondering why the families are putting up with these bunch of useless idle lazy men in the house always asking for money.

If you have done some social-psychology studies on Thailand you will come to this conclusion. It has always been like that and you want to change it?

Just ask one of these bums "Do you think you should ask your sister and mum to buy you a motor bike while you are not working at all?"  He would look at you and surprised that you should ask such a question. To him it is perfectly ok to ask for money. Is there anything wrong with that he may ask you.

Ancient Thai saying, "Nai na mi kow, nai nam mi pla" - translated it says , "In the field there are rice, in the river there are fishes" . Well, this saying reflects on the mentality of the Thais, they said there are plenty of foods you don't really have to work so hard, just go to field to get the rice and to the river to get the fish. This land is bountiful (that is what it meant really). So why work so hard? (very damaging psychologically for the young in this modern world of consumerism.)

Excellent post madusa

After reading some of this thread I do count myself lucky with the Mrs Family. The brother has very little impact on us but it's his not so strong minded sisters he preys on and he does not even dare ask my Mrs as shes a tough cookie. The lads not even that bad but I do fear as age takes a grip he will lose all ambition and the road to ruin is on his doorstep with drugs and drink but he at least has not gone down those roads proper this far. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

After reading some of this thread I do count myself lucky with the Mrs Family. The brother has very little impact on us but it's his not so strong minded sisters he preys on and he does not even dare ask my Mrs as shes a tough cookie. The lads not even that bad but I do fear as age takes a grip he will lose all ambition and the road to ruin is on his doorstep with drugs and drink but he at least has not gone down those roads proper this far. 

Thanks for having started this usefull - and funny thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Thanks for having started this usefull - and funny thread.

I have enjoyed this also. On the whole a very positive 700 or so posts.

So much of TvisaF stuff appears nonsense to me. It seems that some posters have nothing better to do than just snipe at each other on a topic that is not even worth typing about or argue about the merits of a word (recent one electrocuted).

Some of the poison BinL posts have a common theme and it is, I reckon, a reflection of Thais themselves which I never fully appreciated before. That is that some posters wives, see kindness as a weakness that has to be exploited. Another little saying that might shed light; give an inch and they take a mile.

This thread has helped me with my predicament and has also got me to understand a little about Thainess itself through others' problems.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I see this thread as a meandering river, it flows off course occasionally but never looses momentum, it flows through peaceful land and through war torn land alike. The inhabitants of this river are varied, some aggressive, some peaceful and some just go with the flow ( pun intended ).
But however this river takes us, through shallow calm waters or through rough rapids one thing is certain we're all going to end up at the same place.
It's the river of life !!

Where that came from I've no idea !! emoji6.png

Ok Andy let's go off course. How was your move and did you move far and why did you move and are you happier in the new place?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I see this thread as a meandering river, it flows off course occasionally but never looses momentum, it flows through peaceful land and through war torn land alike. The inhabitants of this river are varied, some aggressive, some peaceful and some just go with the flow ( pun intended ).
But however this river takes us, through shallow calm waters or through rough rapids one thing is certain we're all going to end up at the same place.
It's the river of life !!

Where that came from I've no idea !! emoji6.png

This river is soooooo ON topic

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The move was less stressful than most as I only moved 30 minutes up the road, plus living in a 30 sqm apartment I didn't have a lot of stuff to move.

When I came here ( to stay permanently ) a year and a half ago I stayed with my gf for a month in her shoebox with no aircon !!
We moved to the apartment and I gave myself a deadline " I'll stick it here for a year and find an area I want to live in and buy a house there ". Well I stuck it for a year ( it actually wasn't bad ) started to look for a house, had already decided on the area due to my travels over the year. Found this place a month ago and the rest is history ( yet to be made ).

I'm an hour north of BKK in a very quiet Moobahn just off the beaten track, it's not in a big city or in the sticks but it suits me down to the ground.

I'm now in a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom detached bungalow surrounded by boxes and have a list of things to buy ( and things to do ) as long as your arm but yes I am very happy !!emoji4.png

That's great I'm pleased for ya but bloody hell mate that's a lot of hoovering up that, and how far is the nearest maccy d's?

• Like 1

That's great I'm pleased for ya but bloody hell mate that's a lot of hoovering up that, and how far is the nearest maccy d's?

There's a Big C about 3 km away and a Tesco Lotus about 5 or 6 so I'm good to go if I feel the urge for some Scottish food [emoji51]
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 0:29 PM, mikiea said:

you do not retaliate because you are a good disciple of buddha  ? and yet   ? the forum is shit ?  do you have any idea how foolish you are ?  i think not , another case of blood simple .....

I don't retaliate against you & that has nothing to do with this forum that's what I meant. What i said about this forum is nothing, after all who the hell cares about my opinion anyway? Yes, I am foolish, being foolish is good because it's nice & people like you when you are foolish they don't it when you are clever or too clever.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Lulubelle III
The story goes that Storm Hipgnosis was asked for something simple for the cover and , on a whim, drove out to a field and photographed several cows.
The farmer verified the cows name.

Apparently the album name came from a newspaper headline ( Evening Standard ) about a woman who had a nuclear powered pacemaker ( actually an electric stint )fitted !!

Good story, but you had better stop using it a a password now, and I will stop using Ermintrude too!

Ha ha!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The move was less stressful than most as I only moved 30 minutes up the road, plus living in a 30 sqm apartment I didn't have a lot of stuff to move.

When I came here ( to stay permanently ) a year and a half ago I stayed with my gf for a month in her shoebox with no aircon !!
We moved to the apartment and I gave myself a deadline " I'll stick it here for a year and find an area I want to live in and buy a house there ". Well I stuck it for a year ( it actually wasn't bad ) started to look for a house, had already decided on the area due to my travels over the year. Found this place a month ago and the rest is history ( yet to be made ).

I'm an hour north of BKK in a very quiet Moobahn just off the beaten track, it's not in a big city or in the sticks but it suits me down to the ground.

I'm now in a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom detached bungalow surrounded by boxes and have a list of things to buy ( and things to do ) as long as your arm but yes I am very happy !!emoji4.png

Very sensible, you took the time to look and check out the place.

Good luck and enjoy.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Vol IV

Sorry DL I lost you on that one?

If it was about the volume level, I live in a block of Condo apartments and the missus is asleep by the time I get to TV posting.

Please explain briefly.

:unsure:

Oh, I just got your last comment.

Thanks, maybe not too smart really, I just seem to have managed to do quite a few things so far in life that help my understanding, or misunderstanding of life sometimes, though Thailand is still confusing after all these years.

Did I say this before: The only thing that surprises me now in Thailand, is that I am still surprised.

A little more to say in a few minutes as I don't type very fast these days.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1