Big bike group donate 400 helmets to Phuket schoolkids

rooster59

Big bike group donate 400 helmets to Phuket schoolkids 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1498888618_5277.jpg

PHUKET: Four hundred helmets were given to schoolkids by a group of big bikers yesterday as part of a “Helmet from Heart Safety to Kids” project.

At 2pm yesterday (June 30), a big bike group who go by the name “Family Freelance Phuket” and were led by Mr Worachet Jantanakhet attended Phutthamongkolnimit School 2pm and donated 400 crash helmets to kids in kindergarten and primary school.

The helmet donation was part of a project called “Helmet from Heart Safety to Kids”.

During the event, all those in attendance also made a minute’s silence for two of the big bike group’s members who died following a motorbike accident on June 18.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/big-bike-group-donate-400-helmets-to-phuket-schoolkids-62802.php#KZVTmjvHDclYiEmb.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-07-02

1 hour ago, Jeremy50 said:

It's a good gesture, but the kids in the picture don't look old enough to be anywhere near a motorbike. So the parents just haven't been bothered to buy a life-saving helmet for their child to date?

Education has to start at the grass roots, i.e. kinder garden and upwards until they finish school, this is a fantastic start, too bad the government hasn't come up with the idea to educate the kids as my primary school did when I was a little one many moons ago, I remember police coming to the school and showing us how to cross at the pedestrians, how to look left and right, in Thailand forget about pedestrians, then I remember them in high school talking about drugs, all of this helped me into society today, as for all of my other traits, well there's not enough room on this forum 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

9 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

And who thinks these cheap plastic helmets will offer any protection to the head on impact with a hard surface ? 

It's just like a big game to the kids and parents.

Get Real !!

I agree they aren't the best BUT if they are better than nothing and donated where is the harm. 

Also, if a young child gets used to wearing even these as the norm then hopefully as they grow they will invest in better helmets. However, I suspect if they don't even have the chance to understand the need for even these basic ones at this age then they won't bother as they get older and the cycle continues. 

I can't see anything wrong with by this gesture or anything other than good

While they are at it  donate to all the bike riders in Thailand who dont wear a helmet. They would not have enough. Notice the big kid has not got his on probably thinking Mum and Dad dont wear one why should i? Smart kid very observant

This is a good start, trying to educate the youngsters to wear helmets every time they get on a bike. 

There is a school and college near me, every day dozens of kids on bikes, some with three and four on a bike, all with no helmets etc and police outside on traffic duty just waving them on. 

This is the problem in Thailand, absolutely no saftey education at schools etc . 

4 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

While they are at it  donate to all the bike riders in Thailand who dont wear a helmet. They would not have enough. Notice the big kid has not got his on probably thinking Mum and Dad dont wear one why should i? Smart kid very observant

me thinks it don,t fit him or he don,t like the colour

9 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

And who thinks these cheap plastic helmets will offer any protection to the head on impact with a hard surface ? 

Get Real !!

If I was going down, and my head was about to bounce off of pavement, I would take one of these helmets over nothing.

23 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Get Real !!

It's better than Nothing!!!

Get Real !!

Not every accident happens at full throttle. Most happen trying to meander through traffic. At least at these low speed prangs it will stop the skin coming off.
As others have said better than nothing