start bee hives

i am in cm area and would like to start some bee hives 

as i find most honey is made up from sugar cane

would anyone know where to get queen bee  and hives 

would appreciate  any help

cheers allan

There is a thread somewhere need, and a guy keeping them. Do a search on TV.
Just a question. Are you saying that the bottles of honey we buy here are really made from sugar cane and not bees?

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

My wife says most of the honey is fake. Supposably if you take a tablespoon of your honey and pour it into a glass of water it will sink to the bottom if it is real, if it is fake it will mix with the water and make a film around the glass.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

My wife says most of the honey is fake. Supposably if you take a tablespoon of your honey and pour it into a glass of water it will sink to the bottom if it is real, if it is fake it will mix with the water and make a film around the glass.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

What about that bottle you just bought?

I buy honey that is sold at a restaurant, on the north side of Surin. It comes in a 700ml, beer shaped clear bottle that sells for 150 baht. The label is in Thai but states "pure honey" and has an OTOP symbol on it. You can also buy it in a smaller jar that has a piece of honeycomb.  I must say that it is one of the best honey's s I have tasted. It costs less and tastes better than the imported honey sold at Tesco or Tops.  

26 minutes ago, rapom said:

I buy honey that is sold at a restaurant, on the north side of Surin. It comes in a 700ml, beer shaped clear bottle that sells for 150 baht. The label is in Thai but states "pure honey" and has an OTOP symbol on it. You can also buy it in a smaller jar that has a piece of honeycomb.  I must say that it is one of the best honey's s I have tasted. It costs less and tastes better than the imported honey sold at Tesco or Tops.  

Keeping bees that will sting you all the time, :shock1::crazy:

12 hours ago, carlyai said:

What about that bottle you just bought?

My tgf just bought a bottle in Hua hin morning market for 100 baht, will try the spoon test.

after travelling most of los

the only time i saw real honey 

was south of hau hin at a  market 

some hill tribe lady had honey comb in plastic baskets

then were draining in to beer bottles at 450b a bottle straight from the honeycomb

all honey here under that price will be adulterated

they call it here farmed honey

bottle 100b 20% honey

200b 50%honey

300b 50%to 70%honey

sounds like other honeys at bars/? 

Taste it. If you can't tell the difference by taste then there is no point paying extra.

Good on to the OP, we need more bees because they are dying out in huge numbers all over the world.

Yes but we need the right kinda bees. The beautiful, small, native type, not the fat stinging type.
When I spent a few years with our Indigenous mob in Aus, I fell in love with these beautiful little creatures. You put your hand out and they nestle into it, not aggressive, stinging types like those fat f@#$s, who think nothing better than make a hive on a girl's bicycle seat. How common.

17 hours ago, lucjoker said:

I have first quality honey .....

half the price of any shop.....

there is although a long waiting list......

since i have only 1 bee.......

Monsanato products killed the rest. Happening worldwide.

Good luck with the hives OP.

• 4 weeks later...

Avoid buying honey on the comb, sure the honey is genuine but it is the food the bees need to get through the cold season. When people steal the combs from the bees they don't leave a replacement sugar supply for the bees to survive on so a whole colony of bees can be wiped out, and I'm talking of well over 50,000 bees.