How to get rid of this?

janclaes47

When one starts entering a reply to a post, there is always that pop up at your cursor, as shown in the screen shot.

At one point the pop up will cover the text you're typing, which is pretty annoying, so is there a way in my Windows settings to disable that pop up from showing?

5959063818e31_enteryourtext.JPG.f84e92be9e02fa4b0ed1d9a5c5258114.JPG

That's amusing.

That 'pop-up' is called a 'tooltip'.

It won't cover what you're typing because typing makes it disappear. It's possible to move the mouse to make the tooltip pop-up over the text however, but it's completely unintrusive.

They can be tweaked, but it's not really worth the effort. Search for 'disable tooltips' and add the application you wish to disable (e.g. Firefox...)

Screenshot from 2017-07-02 22-03-03.png

Edited by ben2talk
tooltip

Just now, ben2talk said:

That's amusing.

That 'pop-up' is called a 'tooltip'.

It won't cover what you're typing because typing makes it disappear. They can be tweaked, but it's not really worth the effort.

So you say it will not cover over what I'm typing? I think you are wrong , because simply take a look at the next screen shot

59590be9b64be_enteryourtext.JPG.312cf96564638d83c76b1d19b4b8de1e.JPG

You weren't typing. Tooltips only show when the mouse pauses on the screen. It is impossible to be typing and using the mouse simultaneously isn't it?

To show this happening would require a video. Anyone can make a tooltip cover text, but I'd challenge anyone to make it happen whilst typing.

Edited by ben2talk

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

Something is wrong with your computer. Tooltips only show when the mouse pauses on the screen. It is impossible to be typing and using the mouse simultaneously isn't it?

To show this happening would require a video. Anyone can make a tooltip cover text, but I'd challenge anyone to make it happen whilst typing.

Even in your own screen shot it covers the text partly, if your cursor had a been resting in a it would probably have covered the text.

59590d2e45a81_enteryourtext.JPG.8da387fb3dd5913c286736c4f8680f5d.JPG

I can pause my mouse and make a tooltip pop-up to cover some text.

The tooltip cannot cover anything I am typing.  The tooltips do not work AS I AM TYPING.

I expect you are not a native speaker.

When the cursor enters the active text box it makes an I beam, and I can type right through it.

When the cursor stops in the text box, there is a 300ms delay before the tooltip appears. The tooltip disappears if I touch the keyboard.

It is impossible for the tooltip to cover any text as you type. The tooltip only appears when the mouse stops on the screen, it then disappears when you touch the keyboard.

As I said before, we need a video to show you actively typing whilst the tooltip is actively covering text.

This is more pointless than trying to teach Grandma to cook eggs.

Edited by ben2talk

2 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

I can pause my mouse and make a tooltip pop-up to cover some text.

The tooltip cannot cover anything I am typing.  The tooltips do not work AS I AM TYPING.

I expect you are not a native speaker.

When the cursor enters the active text box it makes an I beam, and I can type right through it.

When the cursor stops in the text box, there is a 300ms delay before the tooltip appears. The tooltip disappears if I touch the keyboard.

It is impossible for the tooltip to cover any text as you type. The tooltip only appears when the mouse stops on the screen, it then disappears when you touch the keyboard.

As I said before, we need a video to show you actively typing whilst the tooltip is actively covering text.

This is more pointless than trying to teach Grandma to cook eggs.

So in short, you say I'm a liar and make this all up because i have too much time on my hands?

Thanks for the compliment and goodbye.

1 minute ago, janclaes47 said:

So in short, you say I'm a liar and make this all up because i have too much time on my hands?

Thanks for the compliment and goodbye.

No, but I will say perhaps that you don't understand English or you are not capable of understanding basic logical explanations.

If you wish to disable tooltips, then search internet for 'tooltips disable' followed by the name of your application.

And yes, if you're starting to worry that a tooltip might at some point get in the way of your typing pointless questions in TV then you definitely have too much time on your hands ROFL

I certainly do, or I wouldn't bother answering you.

Just now, ben2talk said:

No, but I will say perhaps that you don't understand English or you are not capable of understanding basic logical explanations.

If you wish to disable tooltips, then search internet for 'tooltips disable' followed by the name of your application.

And yes, if you're starting to worry that a tooltip might at some point get in the way of your typing pointless questions in TV then you definitely have too much time on your hands ROFL

I certainly do, or I wouldn't bother answering you.

This is my last reply to you and I hope you stay out of this thread as well. As a reward I will not call you what I think you are.

If you even had bothered to read the OP, but maybe YOU don't understand English, you would have noticed that I don't worry that it will happen, but that it happens all the time and is pretty annoying.

So again, goodbye and please keep this space available for members who are helpful instead of calling me a liar.

Tooltips can become 'stuck' (as in, they refuse to fade away when another event is supposed to trigger their closure). 

This particular 'tool tip' is generated by the ThaiVisa editor via javascript.  If you are running any browser extensions they may interfere with the expected function of the Web 2.0 extended features utilized when using the forum edit box.

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Tooltips can become 'stuck' (as in, they refuse to fade away when another event is supposed to trigger their closure). 

This particular 'tool tip' is generated by the ThaiVisa editor via javascript.  If you are running any browser extensions they may interfere with the expected function of the Web 2.0 extended features utilized when using the forum edit box.

Any suggestion which extensions I should look for?

The thing is that it doesn't only happen with Thaivisa, but other applications like Facebook as well.

I use firefox and uBlock and flash block. I think java is disabled by default.

<div class="cke_wysiwyg_div cke_reset cke_enable_context_menu cke_editable cke_editable_themed cke_contents_ltr" hidefocus="true" contenteditable="true" tabindex="1" spellcheck="true" role="textbox" aria-label="Enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options" title="Enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options"><p><br></p></div>

1. Java is not JavaScript. Similar name, completely different coding environments.

2. Looking at this specific "tooltip" popup, it's called in the normal HTML code.  But, again, any browser extension can alter how this is called and functions.

I suggest you 'disable' each extension one at a time, refresh the page, and see if the tooltip continues to 'stick' in the displayed condition.

It could also be an issue with your current FireFox installation (possible corrupted installation). Uninstall/reinstall may help. 

<div class="cke_wysiwyg_div cke_reset cke_enable_context_menu cke_editable cke_editable_themed cke_contents_ltr" hidefocus="true" contenteditable="true" tabindex="1" spellcheck="true" role="textbox" aria-label="Enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options" title="Enter your text; hold ctrl and right click for more options"><p><br></p></div>

1. Java is not JavaScript. Similar name, completely different coding environments.
2. Looking at this specific "tooltip" popup, it's called in the normal HTML code.  But, again, any browser extension can alter how this is called and functions.

I suggest you 'disable' each extension one at a time, refresh the page, and see if the tooltip continues to 'stick' in the displayed condition.
It could also be an issue with your current FireFox installation (possible corrupted installation). Uninstall/reinstall may help. 

There's no report of a problem.

O/P needs to confirm the tooltip does not disappear when he types a letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think the situation can easily be resolved by moving the cursor (mouse) away from the reply box.

However on Chrome with OSX 10.11.6 it disappears when I start typing.  Same thing on Firefox (and Chromium) on Opensuse 42.3.