Britain misses out as global manufacturing surges

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So for 11 years after joining the EU the UK enjoys a trade surplus. Then it falls into a deficit. Explain to me why that's the fault of the EU. It seems obvious that other factors are responsible.

Explain to me why virtually every major EU economy enjoys huge trade surpluses with the USA (the world's largest and most diversified economy) while the UK enjoys a much more paltry one. Smaller even than Denmark's, a nation that has less than 1/10 the population of the UK.  How exactly is it that the EU holds the UK back while apparently not hindering the exports of other nations? Maybe the UK should look to its own policies rather than assigning blame elsewhere.

Yes, this is the key point.

We have a majority of people dissatisfied with the status quo. So we find some group to blame. It could have been the Jews or the Muslims or the EU or China. We chose the EU.

The truth is that it is our own fault, our own poor policy decisions. We adopted monetarist policies, uncontrolled free market economics, short termism, shareholder value, housing inflation, demonised unions, undervalued vocational training and underinvested generally!

BUT ITS THE FAULT OF THE EU!!

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

So for 11 years after joining the EU the UK enjoys a trade surplus. Then it falls into a deficit. Explain to me why that's the fault of the EU. It seems obvious that other factors are responsible.

Explain to me why virtually every major EU economy enjoys huge trade surpluses with the USA (the world's largest and most diversified economy) while the UK enjoys a much more paltry one. Smaller even than Denmark's, a nation that has less than 1/10 the population of the UK.  How exactly is it that the EU holds the UK back while apparently not hindering the exports of other nations? Maybe the UK should look to its own policies rather than assigning blame elsewhere.

We differ in our interpretations except maybe one where I agree the y UK should look at its own policies rather than assigning blame elsewhere.

Brexit will make this more transparent I feel. The USA is an interesting benchmark, does it not have a rather large deficit? Does the president look to counter this situation? Crystal balls needed...

Just now, alant said:

We differ in our interpretations except maybe one where I agree the y UK should look at its own policies rather than assigning blame elsewhere.

Brexit will make this more transparent I feel. The USA is an interesting benchmark, does it not have a rather large deficit? Does the president look to counter this situation? Crystal balls needed...

Well, if anything, the USA's trade deficit makes the case worse for the UK. It can scarcely manage a surplus with the world's biggest and most diverse economy that runs a big trade deficit.  How can the UK expect to do better with countries that don't?

2 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, if anything, the USA's trade deficit makes the case worse for the UK. It can scarcely manage a surplus with the world's biggest and most diverse economy that runs a big trade deficit.  How can the UK expect to do better with countries that don't?

I accept that until told otherwise, Brexit will happen. I will criticise those involved if they do not do well for the country and see no point in moaning about the decision and finding fault along the way. 

1 minute ago, alant said:

I accept that until told otherwise, Brexit will happen. I will criticise those involved if they do not do well for the country and see no point in moaning about the decision and finding fault along the way. 

A  convenient reason for keeping mum.

15 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I agree with you pretty much. But if you go to Brexit threads, you'll find Brexiters saying that brexit will free the UK to find new export markets. I notice that none of those asserting this have made an appearance on this thread.

Indeed. And of course the UK, freed from EU shackles (doh!), will be enticing those new export markets with it's financial and services offerings - 555!

Because we don't make much in the UK anymore.

14 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. And of course the UK, freed from EU shackles (doh!), will be enticing those new export markets with it's financial and services offerings - 555!

Because we don't make much in the UK anymore.

The thing is, those financial services are already being offered and supplied by others elsewhere. And governments restrict how much of this foreign firms can do. And it's important to remember that most of the firms in the UK are American owned. So the world  doesn't need the American owned UK firms to do what these American firms are already doing from elsewhere.

19 hours ago, nauseus said:

The UK is not free to do that yet though, is it? :crazy:

It is as free to do trade as any other member of Europe is. They have increased their trade the UK hasn't. The UK should be at an advantage. In or out of Europe does not stop the UK doing  business. BREXIT has created a giant political mess. Most people realise realise it now. If a referendum was held again I honestly believe a remain vote now would be far bigger than the original BREXIT vote. It should be remembered the BREXIT vote was nowhere near the 73% of votes to be in Europe in 1975. The difference between REMAIN and BREXIT votes was so small, that people can change their minds.

Brexiteers claimed Europe interferred with UK democracy too much. Over £300 Million was spent by US and Canadian Billionaires funding Brexit through Social Media targeting individuals (the MP Cresswell admitted the £300 million was spent on Social Media). Fararge was up to his shifty neck with this group, which is why he was seen rubbing shoulders Trump. What rights do Americans and Canadians have to interfere with the UK's democracy. This very same group that was used to sway American opinion to vote Trump as President. They call this Phsycoanalitics using the realms of Artificial Intelligence. There are strict laws covering political expression in Newspapers and Television. The sinister use of the Internet is unregulated. 

The puppets of BREXIT will continue to argue it was all democracy.

On 7/3/2017 at 9:20 PM, Johnyo said:

Europe is imploding and she the UK will be able to trade with the rest of the world!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

For  sure !  Send  us   two  immigrants  and  we  will  trade  you a  haggis!

2 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

It is as free to do trade as any other member of Europe is. They have increased their trade the UK hasn't. The UK should be at an advantage. In or out of Europe does not stop the UK doing  business. BREXIT has created a giant political mess. Most people realise realise it now. If a referendum was held again I honestly believe a remain vote now would be far bigger than the original BREXIT vote. It should be remembered the BREXIT vote was nowhere near the 73% of votes to be in Europe in 1975. The difference between REMAIN and BREXIT votes was so small, that people can change their minds.

Brexiteers claimed Europe interferred with UK democracy too much. Over £300 Million was spent by US and Canadian Billionaires funding Brexit through Social Media targeting individuals (the MP Cresswell admitted the £300 million was spent on Social Media). Fararge was up to his shifty neck with this group, which is why he was seen rubbing shoulders Trump. What rights do Americans and Canadians have to interfere with the UK's democracy. This very same group that was used to sway American opinion to vote Trump as President. They call this Phsycoanalitics using the realms of Artificial Intelligence. There are strict laws covering political expression in Newspapers and Television. The sinister use of the Internet is unregulated. 

The puppets of BREXIT will continue to argue it was all democracy.

This is all rubbish. Where do you get this from and where are you from? Sovereignty is a better word and who is Creswell anway?   

On 03/07/2017 at 10:48 PM, spiderorchid said:

Hard to know where to start but I will try.

UK may soon be a Sovereign state again, not subject to the new imperialism of EU.

"I have the impression that we are rushing for a common currency for the whole of Europe. That would be progress, of course, and, one would hope, of lasting significance"

Letter from Helmuth von Molke (Nazi Military Intelligence) 1940

This post is mostly about Asian manufacturing. Since large companies from Europe and the US scrapped most manufacturing due to the low cost and almost and sometimes full "slave labour" conditions in Asia, manufacturing is in decline in all western countries, including the UK. It will catch up with Germany soon.  It is why Merkel was so keen to allow "cheap" labour to pour into Germany.

That will back fire of course, Muslims tend to another form of settlement when their conditions, inability to integrate (especially the children) lead them back to basic Muslim principles.

If UK has the right merchandise, they will find buyers in former colonies, especially Australia New Zealand and Australia. Britain is still a major financier. They will still be needed in the new

imperialism of Germany and France. (I mean, after these two countries, what else has EU to offer.) 

Dream on!

On 2017-7-4 at 4:38 PM, nauseus said:

This is all rubbish. Where do you get this from and where are you from? Sovereignty is a better word and who is Creswell anway?   

Cresswell is the Tory MP, who became a UKIP MP and has now gone back to being a Tory MP. The real RUBBISH is in your tiny narrow mindedness Brexit mind. If you read more, most of the truth of this was investigated by the Guardian newspaper. The US / Canadian backers refused to declare to the Electoral Commission how much they spent interferring as they were outside UK juristiction. Even though Cresswell mentioned how much was spent.

1 hour ago, William C F Pierce said:

Cresswell is the Tory MP, who became a UKIP MP and has now gone back to being a Tory MP. The real RUBBISH is in your tiny narrow mindedness Brexit mind. If you read more, most of the truth of this was investigated by the Guardian newspaper. The US / Canadian backers refused to declare to the Electoral Commission how much they spent interferring as they were outside UK juristiction. Even though Cresswell mentioned how much was spent.

It's CARSWELL and The Guardian is a useless ever-biased rag. If you want to show convincing evidence find another source!

There is no proof of anything in this article, even by its own admission!

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

It's CARSWELL and The Guardian is a useless ever-biased rag. If you want to show convincing evidence find another source!

There is no proof of anything in this article, even by its own admission!

Carswell was a leading campaigner for Brexit along with Fararge. Looks like your finally agreeing with me in outlining Brexit as biased. The Guardian was not the only paper to comment. The Independant also commented and they are one of the least biased newspapers.

The most biased newspapers in the UK are the right wing foreign owned rags. (The Mail, Express, Telegraph, the Times and the Kangeroo hopping American Sun, also the free Newspapers).  I do read a variety of newspapers in my local library. If you saw on the day of last election. The right rags were printing the first 10 to 12 pages of their rags in support of Brexit May and Anti Corbyn. It did not work and people saw through it, just as they are now beginning to see through the false red herring of Brexit. Their own economics are being severly dented and they don't like it Rail fares to rise by more than double there wage increases. The price of houses rising by more than the average wage and the hospitals in crises. All three of these things covered in the press in the last couple of days.

Edited by William C F Pierce

3 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Carswell was a leading campaigner for Brexit along with Fararge. Looks like your finally agreeing with me in outlining Brexit as biased. The Guardian was not the only paper to comment. The Independant also commented and they are one of the least biased newspapers.

The most biased newspapers in the UK are the right wing foreign owned rags. (The Mail, Express, Telegraph, the Times and the Kangeroo hopping American Sun, also the free Newspapers).  I do read a variety of newspapers in my local library. If you saw on the day of last election. The right rags were printing the first 10 to 12 pages of their rags in support of Brexit May and Anti Corbyn. It did not work and people saw through it, just as they are now beginning to see through the false red herring of Brexit. Their own economics are being severly dented and they don't like it Rail fares to rise by more than double there wage increases. The price of houses rising by more than the average wage and the hospitals in crises. All three of these things covered in the press in the last couple of days.

William, I'm sure I won't be agreeing with you on anything relating to Brexit. Most newspapers are biased one way or the other but, especially with respect to Brexit, the TV media bias was almost all one-way pro remain and more people watch that than read newsprint. 

Then you move from the referendum to the general election. There was bias from all of the biased publishers right or left. The Conservatives messed up the election with their own ridiculously suicidal manifesto and subsequent back-tracking.

How can the result of the EU membership referendum (Brexit) be described as a red herring? And if it was, what was the referendum supposed to distract everyone from? 

And if by Anti (Aunty?) Corbyn you mean anti Brexit then you should note that the labour manifesto also claimed to support Brexit!    

Edited by nauseus

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2017 at 4:23 PM, nauseus said:

William, I'm sure I won't be agreeing with you on anything relating to Brexit. Most newspapers are biased one way or the other but, especially with respect to Brexit, the TV media bias was almost all one-way pro remain and more people watch that than read newsprint. 

Then you move from the referendum to the general election. There was bias from all of the biased publishers right or left. The Conservatives messed up the election with their own ridiculously suicidal manifesto and subsequent back-tracking.

How can the result of the EU membership referendum (Brexit) be described as a red herring? And if it was, what was the referendum supposed to distract everyone from? 

And if by Anti (Aunty?) Corbyn you mean anti Brexit then you should note that the labour manifesto also claimed to support Brexit!    

One of the things that the public did not see through was the interference by the American/ Canadian Billionaire Software companies that used Social Media targetting using Artificial Intelligence. They targeted people based on their previous likes and dislikes opinions.The very same company was promenently used in the US Presidential Election for Trump. That is why you see Nigel Fararge standing next to Trump in the US election, as he was part of it and the£300 million spent by this software company. They donated large sums of money to different anti Europe groups to spend with their company, including the DUP. Brexit was the guinee pig to test their software. BIg internet money realises it can control people thoughts and thinking by internet hypnosis using subliminal messages. The growth of artificial Intelligence in the coming decade means every attempt to control our thoughts will happen. Only honest politicians can leglisate against this on what can be allowed in an election. Just as their are laws covering other media sources. If not the whole world will be controlled by the unelected internet bosses who control the internet. Do you think the majority of people really saw through this at the time. I only found out about this after Brexit and the US election. Cresswell was the one who opened up about the use of Social Media and the £300 million spent on Brexit.

2 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

One of the things that the public did not see through was the interference by the American/ Canadian Billionaire Software companies that used Social Media targetting using Artificial Intelligence. They targeted people based on their previous likes and dislikes opinions.The very same company was promenently used in the US Presidential Election for Trump. That is why you see Nigel Fararge standing next to Trump in the US election, as he was part of it and the£300 million spent by this software company. They donated large sums of money to different anti Europe groups to spend with their company, including the DUP. Brexit was the guinee pig to test their software. BIg internet money realises it can control people thoughts and thinking by internet hypnosis using subliminal messages. The growth of artificial Intelligence in the coming decade means every attempt to control our thoughts will happen. Only honest politicians can leglisate against this on what can be allowed in an election. Just as their are laws covering other media sources. If not the whole world will be controlled by the unelected internet bosses who control the internet. Do you think the majority of people really saw through this at the time. I only found out about this after Brexit and the US election. Cresswell was the one who opened up about the use of Social Media and the £300 million spent on Brexit.

No response to my points offset by this huge and completely unproven allegation. £300 million is a hell of an investment to make when the AI s/ware could be proven much more cheaply. Even if true, do you really think this tactic would not have been used by both sides.

I don't think that you understand the main reasons for the vote.

On 17/07/2017 at 3:16 PM, nauseus said:

No response to my points offset by this huge and completely unproven allegation. £300 million is a hell of an investment to make when the AI s/ware could be proven much more cheaply. Even if true, do you really think this tactic would not have been used by both sides.

I don't think that you understand the main reasons for the vote.

I don't think you understand the point I made. The Billionaire owners were intent on interfering and winning the Brexit campaign and were willing to pay money to various groups to do it through Facebook pages and advertising. The same billionaires operated the same way to win the election of Trump. Both cases they did out of their own personal political beliefs. It was not about how cheap or cost effective at proving AI software. It was about proving their power of control. Elon Musk yesterday showed his concern over the miss use AI as he said it was going to be the next big thing. The miss use of using AI to control people is real and a real dangerous threat to democracy.