Philippines warning on Thai canned fruit...

Smee

Currently doing the rounds on Philippine social media... Any truth to this...? Somehow I doubt it...

Emergency NewsRadio 1 FM announced that Thai govt confirmed:Emergency notification: Do NOT eat canned food especially those canned fruits manufactured in thailand . There were 200 over HIV carriers instructed by their leader to contaminate the products of the canned food factory with their blood.The information was confirmed by the government this morning. In order not to let the people get infected after eating, many types of canned food such as longgan, lychee, rambutan and mango pudding had been removed from the shelves of supermarkets. Please send to people you care. Prevention is better than cure!  Please don't take canned food from Thailand. Pls take note!?Please forward to anyone sharing is caring!!

Currently doing the rounds on Philippine social media... Any truth to this...? Somehow I doubt it...

Emergency NewsRadio 1 FM announced that Thai govt confirmed:Emergency notification: Do NOT eat canned food especially those canned fruits manufactured in thailand . There were 200 over HIV carriers instructed by their leader to contaminate the products of the canned food factory with their blood.The information was confirmed by the government this morning. In order not to let the people get infected after eating, many types of canned food such as longgan, lychee, rambutan and mango pudding had been removed from the shelves of supermarkets. Please send to people you care. Prevention is better than cure!  Please don't take canned food from Thailand. Pls take note![emoji266]Please forward to anyone sharing is caring!!

This hoax has been doing the rounds every now and again for years. Do a search.

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 using Tapatalk

First I've heard of this, but apparently a hoax that resurfaces every few years.  Old news.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303660

[Jessada said his department had already looked into the matter and found the rumour was groundless. “There is no credible evidence to substantiate the claim about HIV contamination. In addition, we have found that this rumour was circulated on social media during 2013 and 2014 too. And lately, it has resurfaced again,” he said.] 

[The canning process requires heat treatment that eliminates all harmful microbes and any virus that may exist.

In addition, the HIV virus needs a human host to survive and does not live long outside the human body.]