What are the Engish-speaking TV and Internet TV choices in Chiang Mai

themerg

I want to know of English-speaking inexpensive TV and TV internet choices in Chiang Mai, please.

AIS want 1599/month, TOO MUCH for Thailand.

Edited by themerg

I would be wary of buying anything relying on Kodi at the moment given all the problems the company is getting in the courts in Europe and the US.

The Kodi Addon/App suppliers are being closed down or are volunteering to close down like flies.  Have a look at Thai Visa Tech News forum where there is lots of info.

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

I would be wary of buying anything relying on Kodi at the moment given all the problems the company is getting in the courts in Europe and the US.

The Kodi Addon/App suppliers are being closed down or are volunteering to close down like flies.  Have a look at Thai Visa Tech News forum where there is lots of info.

Android boxes work without the Kodi app,, but Kodi is not the problem it's some of the dodgy apps.

Plenty of alternatives that are available to add in to Kodi that are legal and effective, as I said, Kodi is not the problem.

For football fans (soccer for the non believers) there is major crack down in the UK happening as I post as apparently it was released yesterday that 30% of viewers in the UK watch through illegal streaming etc.How does this effect Thailand?well expect a domino effect for all illegal services.

There's a thread on Thai Visa's main page, as Scottie John posted, which will indicate some updates.  Helps if you tech minded

1 hour ago, al007 said:

Try this one from UK, I am doing it at the moment

http://www.uktvsmartbox.com

I am concerned I am not about to sign up for an illegal system, I do not want it shutdown on me the way Thai expat tv was

This is an interesting article on streaming 

http://www.smartboxtt.com/is-streaming-legal.html

UKTV smart box is a mag box and I believe a very separate device as againt an android box

Any feed back appreciated

IFLIX only 100 THB per month and legal,but only movies and series.

they do a month's free trial 

Plenty of other sites out there for movies, Series, free, google it.

Youtube has a good selection of movies.

regards Worgeordie

I'm in the same boat, as for some years I've been using ThaiExpat Tv, which used mainly UK channels, where they make good programs and no guns, rifles or cannons!

Now they've been closed, and I've been told that 24/7TV is worth trying.    Seems it will cost about 1 UK pound per week.

Look it up on the internet.

I am now living in America. Was in Jomtien last 2 years. I loved Kodi then and I love it now. I highly recommend KODI. I am still using it in America. No $150 cable bill for me. I like free better. I have read about some possible problems in Europe but nothing going on here. Besides, why not use it for free until you get a problem. They have been forecasting doom and gloom for 10 years now. Before you go out and buy a "box" with Kodi pre-installed on it ( I own 2 ), do it the easy way to test it. Go to your play store and download Kodi on your computer. 1-2 minutes. Then go here. 

http://www.wirelesshack.org/new-kodi-17-krypton-setup-and-how-to-install-exodus.html

its a step by step, with pics, way to download Exodus onto 

Kodi. 5 minutes. Hook computer to the TV with an HDMI Cabel and you now have free TV. HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, ABC, NBC,CBS, LIFETIME, AMX, A&E....everything you have on American cabel, plus British channels! You will need an internet connection of 25 mb or better to prevent most buffering. You can also add Kodi to your phone. Specto Fork is also like Exodus. You have many many things you can load onto Kodi. This website is mostly doom and gloom people. The sky is falling type. Trust me, you will love Kodi.10 out of 10.

Edited by bustit997
Mis spelled words

A lot of video content and live streaming is only available for broadcast or viewing in the geographical region of origin. Netflix servers in Thailand have less content than what is available in the US. When they read your IP address they limit your access. I stream the Netflix US content. I also watch Amazon Prime, NBC, ABC, FOX, listen to IHeart Radio and others. I use a proxy service that allows me to stream blocked content. It works globally, streaming from the US, UK, Europe, Japan and other countries. They offer a free 30-day no credit card required trial. I have been a subscriber for 2 months and it works as advertised. It costs me about $1.04 a month, a lot cheaper than any VPN. The set-up was easy and took less than 10 minutes on my laptop. I stream content through my laptop to my tv with no speed or latency issues. Check out their website. Here is a link.                  https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/?afid=9c06a12a3893

Android TV box tablet or phone you can get TVCatchup fron the Playstore, basic BBC1 ITV Quest, its free!  For paid packages you can go from 99 Euro lifetime with nearly 200 UK Plus Euro and US channels, it does have some buffering problems,  you can also pay 10,000B per year for the likes of Pulse which has 24 hour catchup and movies / tv series on demand which is very reliable.

16 hours ago, al007 said:

I am concerned I am not about to sign up for an illegal system, I do not want it shutdown on me the way Thai expat tv was

This is an interesting article on streaming 

http://www.smartboxtt.com/is-streaming-legal.html

UKTV smart box is a mag box and I believe a very separate device as againt an android box

Any feed back appreciated

Magbox is a platform that plays on Android Apple or through a browser. I will presume the box they sell is an Android box.   There is nothing wrong with Android boxes it is basically an Android tablet without a screen or keyboard.  it is what you put on it that makes the difference.  As Thailand points out a lot of people like Kodi, this is basically a media manager and is not illegal or dodgy in any way, it is what you put on it.   Personally I am not a fan but thats me.   Basically there is not much free and if you see an advert for premium channels free then one has to treat them with suspicion.  You can download TVCatchup on the Playstore which has basic free UK channels.  I have one of the cheapest packages which I guess is based in Ireland, 99 Euro for lifetime nearly  2000 channels with nearly 200 in the UK. With a single server it does have buffering problems at times but plays well when I am back in the UK.   My neighbour who originally had ex pat TV seems to have plumped for Pulse tv which has 3 servers and is close to perfect, thats 10000 annually but also has catchup and movies on demand.  For Android boxes, Lazada has a wide choice.

2 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

Android TV box tablet or phone you can get TVCatchup fron the Playstore, basic BBC1 ITV Quest, its free!  For paid packages you can go from 99 Euro lifetime with nearly 200 UK Plus Euro and US channels, it does have some buffering problems,  you can also pay 10,000B per year for the likes of Pulse which has 24 hour catchup and movies / tv series on demand which is very reliable.

I am into my second month with Pulse,1000 paid monthly using the Minix Box which I previously had for Expat TV/365 Sport, that system for me was perfect as I don't need 100's of programs.I cant say I haven't had weird things happen with Pulse like all of a sudden it replays part of the programme I viewed 15 mins ago and occasionally I have to re boot the Minix box.UK football will be the test until then I will continue with Pulse. 

17 hours ago, iang said:

Have a look at www.firstonetv.eu/Live/United-Kingdom

If you don't have a smart TV, stream from your computer to your TV using Google Cast or similar.

Fantastic quality, and if you register (free) you get additional channels such as BT Sport. No Sky though. Go to firstonetv.eu and there are also many other countries available too. I connect to the tv from a spare laptop via an HDMI cable.

I also have Pulse and am very pleased with the service.  On the rare occasions I wish to watch programmes I may have missed over the last few days I have downloaded the UK free services, BBC I Player, All4 and MY5 which work perfectly when viewed behind VPN. For some reason the ITV service does not work.  Incidentally both BBC 1 & 2 programmes on Pulse are stored for 48 hours.

I am into my second month with Pulse,1000 paid monthly using the Minix Box which I previously had for Expat TV/365 Sport, that system for me was perfect as I don't need 100's of programs.I cant say I haven't had weird things happen with Pulse like all of a sudden it replays part of the programme I viewed 15 mins ago and occasionally I have to re boot the Minix box.UK football will be the test until then I will continue with Pulse. 

I have Pulse too. No complaints. All the UK football channels worked fine last season.

7 hours ago, PeterWin said:

It's free...

www.teatimetv.to.png

It also only appears to be catch-up. The Now Live option brings up the start of the programme and you have to fast-forward if you don't want to watch from the beginning. So, it isn't live. Also doesn't appear to be HD quality, but better than nothing I suppose. I've been trying to watch Wimbledon on FirstOnetv but there's a lot of buffering even though I have a decent internet speed.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

I'm going to try HDPrime. It is run by the same people behind ilikehd which I gave up on a few months ago because of its unreliable service, but they appear to have sorted out at least some of their problems as well as brought their website into the 21st century. They have all the UK channels including all the Sky channels and BT sports stuff. It's only 380 baht for 30 days for their Live TV package that includes "hundreds of channels" with re-runs on some (although they admit they are having problems with that). At that price it's certainly worth a try.