Man offered 10 percent discount for finding cockroach in dim sum

webfact

Man offered 10 percent discount for finding cockroach in dim sum

By Coconuts Bangkok 

ds.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai man said he was offered a 10 percent discount at a famous dim sum joint in Bangkok after they accidentally deserved a steamed cockroach with his food.

On Sunday, Facebook user Hongtae P. Bodin posted a picture of a giant cockroach lying dead in his dim sum, explaining this happened at his go-to restaurant, Chokdee Dimsum on Sathupradit Soi 35.

“We found a cockroach this big, so we refused to pay, but the employees gave us 10 percent discount. They said if they had let us eat for free, the employees would have to pay for our food themselves,” Hongtae wrote.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/man-offered-10-percent-discount-finding-cockroach-dim-sum/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-05

Very good deal normally have to pay more, but then only one

Most restaurants give regulars 10% discount in any case

Papillon lived on cockroaches, quite tasty and high in protein

"“The manager said the head of employees had recently received his title and didn’t quite know how to solve problems....."

Typical Thai business strategy, always somebody elses fault!  The manager needs to understand that the buck stops on his desk, and his staff are only as good as the training he's given them.  How some of these guys keep their job for so long is a mystery.

A bonus!! In fact, I doubt he accidentally deserved a steamed cockroach with his food.  But I love the idea of seeing those little antennae moving about randomly as I lift the bamboo lid and stare into his eyes.  

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"“The manager said the head of employees had recently received his title and didn’t quite know how to solve problems....."

Typical Thai business strategy, always somebody elses fault!  The manager needs to understand that the buck stops on his desk, and his staff are only as good as the training he's given them.  How some of these guys keep their job for so long is a mystery.

Lack of replacement options might have something to do with it

Yes the first thing the restaurant owners should do is fire this manager, who seems to have sh*t for

brains. Wow! a whole 10 percent off, and a free choice of more food that may have another critter in

it, How nice!  Cheap Cheap restaurant.

Geezer

I was at a motorbike shop in Pattaya getting the oil changed. While I was waiting, they mistakenly gave my helmet to a dirtball who stole it away. The shop, after realizing their mistake, offered me a 50% discount on a new helmet. TITS.