Lost/Stolen passport

Obvious point. Gather any copies you have of your lost passport. I.D. page, entry information, visa information, etc. 

If you don't have any of that, sorry, this is going to be more painful. 

To add, the complexity of your problem depends on a lot of factors.

For example if you're a tourist, your embassy can probably issue an emergency travel document that you can go back to your home country with.

That won't help if you live in Thailand or planned to visit other nations. 

Best to give more details about your situation and also nationality.

S/B in VISA subforum. 

Edited by Jingthing

Best also would be to ask your embassy what they need as it will avoid unnecessary back and forth trips...

I would also check with my bank accounts and inform my bank immediately as well as my credit card issuing companies...

Think also how and where you could have lost it? At home? Did you bring somebody back to your place? Anybody close to you having interests on your accounts? think it over just in case....stay safe and good luck!

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Obvious point. Gather any copies you have of your lost passport. I.D. page, entry information, visa information, etc. 

If you don't have any of that, sorry, this is going to be more painful. 

To add, the complexity of your problem depends on a lot of factors.

For example if you're a tourist, your embassy can probably issue an emergency travel document that you can go back to your home country with.

That won't help if you live in Thailand or planned to visit other nations. 

Best to give more details about your situation and also nationality.

S/B in VISA subforum. 

I'm a British ex-pat

Step 1:  Report loss to the police; obtain police loss report form.

Step 2:  Take loss report form to British Embassy (Consular Section).  Complete paperwork to obtain Emergency Travel Document (ETD).

Step 3: Take police loss report form and ETD to Thai Immigration so that loss/theft can be entered into database, along with details of ETD.

Job done.

This assumes OP has imminent travel planned.  If not, ask Consular Section what additional paperwork is required before submitting application for replacement passport at Trendy House.

• Like 1

Did mine recently took less than 2 weeks to get new passport back.

I think the more copies of docs you can supply the better BUT be aware they will need someone to countersign your photo (and they are very picky about them - download their criteria and make sure the background ISN'T WHITE).

Also they need proof of your address in Thailand.

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Best also would be to ask your embassy what they need as it will avoid unnecessary back and forth trips...

I would also check with my bank accounts and inform my bank immediately as well as my credit card issuing companies...

Think also how and where you could have lost it? At home? Did you bring somebody back to your place? Anybody close to you having interests on your accounts? think it over just in case....stay safe and good luck!

Bank accounts? Credit card companies?

Lost my Passport at Rome airport. In immigration on my return last week Trying to retrieve it. I'm a UK citizen and reside in Italy. I have applied for a new one. Takes 6 weeks if no problems with paper work. I applied on line then you have to send a declaration form thru the post. Passport Office has help line for any quires.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but if my passport is lost will local immigration transfer all the details from the old one onto the new one. I have until 18 Sept to return

10 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Not wanting to hijack the thread but if my passport is lost will local immigration transfer all the details from the old one onto the new one. I have until 18 Sept to return

It depends upon what you have. 

If you have an extension of stay issued by immigration. The problem you will have is that you will only get a visa exempt entry when you enter the country with a new empty passport. Immigration has records of your extension and re-entry permit they should be able to reinstate your permit to stay from the extension after cancelling the visa exempt entry. You will need a copy the police report or some other proof that your passport was lost.

20 hours ago, Upnotover said:

1. get a police report.

2. get it translated.

3. apply for a new passport.

I now see you say you are a U.K. national.

As I said I am a U.S. national who "lost" my passport about 3 months ago.

However, except for the U.S. embassy  the information above is the same.

I as a U.S. citizen also was given a one year temporary passport from the U.S. embassy as my bank passbook was "lost" at the same time.

Not sure if that is possible for a U.K. passport or not.

For me it was a requirement  to let me access the money in my Bangkok Bank account

Needed that temporary passport to prove my identity to the bank.

Remember you will need access to any money you have in a Thai bank to pay for your new passport.

That is why when you apply they will give you a new one year temporary passport.

At least the U.S. embassy will.

However, when I filed a police report, for me there was no need of translation.

The U.S embassy accepted he signed and stamped police report and gave it to me free of charge.

Of course I had to pay the usual fee when applying for a new permanent passport.

In my case I picked the new passport up at the U.S. embassy in Bangkok only 7 days after my application was made.

That may not be the case for you, but it was a great relief to me at the time.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon what you have. 

If you have an extension of stay issued by immigration. The problem you will have is that you will only get a visa exempt entry when you enter the country with a new empty passport. Immigration has records of your extension and re-entry permit they should be able to reinstate your permit to stay from the extension after cancelling the visa exempt entry. You will need a copy the police report or some other proof that your passport was lost.

Thanks Joe. Send paperwork back yesterday so now have to wait for return of new passport. Funnily enough Passport Office does not require a police report for a lost passport. Mine was lost abroad. Flight booked for 5 September so fingers crossed. Cheers

On 7/6/2017 at 0:11 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

I as a U.S. citizen also was given a one year temporary passport

How much did you pay for this temporary passport? 

I was under the impression that these documents have to be applied for and paid for as per US Embassy website

"

• Emergency Passport Request: Please contact the Consulate by email or phone and request an emergency appointment.  You will need to appear in person to explain your urgent need for travel.  Bring a travel itinerary in addition to the online passport application and supporting documents/fee listed on our website.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 3:22 PM, splodger said:

Help my passport missing,what do I do?

Thanks in advance

Not too long ago you forgot to get a re-entry permit which resulted in you entering Thailand on a 30 day visa exempt entry having previously stayed here twelve years on retirement extensions, and now you have lost your passport?  

Edited by hathairat2711

• 1 month later...
On 03/08/2017 at 2:24 PM, norfolkandchance said:

Just an update. Applied for new passport from UK on 6/7 delivered to Italy 31/7. That included 2 weeks with mail in the post. I only have a copy of my face page of my old passport. Let's hope local immigration can reinstall the old details.

Arrived back in LOS with new passport 6/9 and was issued with a Visa Exempt stamp for 30 days. Went to Korat immigration the next day to report and try to get my passed details transferred to new passport. IO said no problem and if I had all the paperwork she would also renew my extension to stay for another year. Trip back into town to the Bank for the savings letter and she completed everything there and then. 3 hours in total. Good job.