Packages from china coming a lot faster

Hal65

I buy a lot of stuff on Aliexpress and it used to be expected that I'd wait 3-5 weeks before getting what I ordered. Now things are coming after about 2 weeks. I would say the speedup started about 2-3 months ago.

Has anyone else noticed this with their packages?

Aliexpress merchants have different shipping methods but always stated on site.  If shipment is by registered airmail I normally get in Bangkok in 7-14 days - if there normal mail service from 2-3 weeks.  Have had one Ebay order in last several months and that was much faster than their previous normal 3-4 weeks.

I only order low priced items (under 1,500 baht) and never have been asked customs payment.  

1 customs issue out of maybe 50 packages. Quite a sour experience though, they returned to sender and the seller did not refund or resend the package. (I opened a dispute but it did not help)

I'm in Pattaya

Edited by Hal65

I noticed similar favorable faster transit experience with AliExpress in past month or so. Always make sure to pick mail delivery, avoid DHL, FedEx, etc. Found best is China Post or Singapore Post. Delivered to our door by Thai Post with no hassles ever in past several years.