San Patong (Ban Klaeng) ---On the way to buy land

Socky

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Socky said:

Much time already pass......

Well, in fact my wife don´t bought that land in San Patong. So, right now we are still looking for a new Plot. If anybody know something nice....let me know.

How about here?  https://goo.gl/NjckMC  

Close to the Canal Road which is going to be a nice separate lane highway real soon, making it easier to get into town.  And some nice areas nearby like Ob Khan NP, the Mae Wang area, etc. 

On ‎30‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:24 AM, NotEinstein said:

Saw a 2.3 rai plot for 2.8 million, close to Saraphi town in quiet location

2,8 MIO THB/Rai that´s a little bit out from what i want to pay for land ....however, thank you. 

Edited by Socky

On ‎30‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:41 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

How about here?  https://goo.gl/NjckMC  

Close to the Canal Road which is going to be a nice separate lane highway real soon, making it easier to get into town.  And some nice areas nearby like Ob Khan NP, the Mae Wang area, etc. 

Nice rice field. 

Over 25 years i have been "involved" in 7 seperate land purchases.:   In Chiangrai, in Fang, in Doi Saket,

in Chiangmai and in Lamphun.    Never was there a problem at the land office concerning who or where

the money was coming from.  Note: these were all individual land or land/house purchases, ranging from

a small house up to one parcel which was 30 Rai.  

As with most things here in Thailand the interpretation of what is "legal or illegal" wholly depends on 

what the head man says.   And what the head man says can never be exactly determined beforehand.

The longer I have been here the easier and less stessful the "process" of purchasing became.  Due to

my experience and also..importantly, my attitude when being present.  If one has not done this before

and does not understand Thai.......then it is natural that one does not really know what is going on.

There can be complications due to the land title also.  Like how many owners, etc.  If there are no complications and the "foreign" husband (or wife) does not act like a know it all or jerk....then i believe

that 99% of these purchases will go smoothly. 

They land office did at times ( probably still do, but not sure)  have me sign a form stating that I was not

the purchaser.  The question of whose money was NOT the important factor,  as others have stated here.

I have also "bought and sold" land after getting a power of attorney from my daughter who is a Thai citizen

but lives abroad.   Again:  no problem at land office and they were polite and helpful .

One last note:  Lawyers and others giving advice cannot always be trusted !  Learn for yourself  .

On 7/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, ramrod711 said:

Have you considered a long term lease, (30 years) on the land? That's what I did on the land we live on. I trust my wife completely, her stepmother and a couple of her sisters not so much. I had a lawyer draw up the lease and it was registered at the land office. The boss there explained to my wife that it was a "very powerful document", money can not be borrowed against the land and it cannot be sold while the lease is in effect.

But as a married person may unilaterally cancel any contract with their spouse, a letter to the land office saying "I cancel this agreement with my husband" would make the 'very powerful document" instantly worthless, and she could borrow or sell. Not even any requirement for her to let you know she cancelled the 'very powerful document'.

5 hours ago, Dante99 said:

16 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

But as a married person may unilaterally cancel any contract with their spouse, a letter to the land office saying "I cancel this agreement with my husband" would make the 'very powerful document" instantly worthless, and she could borrow or sell. Not even any requirement for her to let you know she cancelled the 'very powerful document'.

The lease should in fact be noted on the back of the Chanote (land ownership document).  It then can not

be "cancelled" by the owner of the property.  This is going to be a revelation to many of you :  The BEST

"safeguard" for a foreign spouse is for a  " sitti gep gin" to be granted to him/her by the Thai spouse (owner) .  This is also typewritten

onto the back of the Chanote and is definitely not retractable without the grantees permission which

must be submitted to the land office in person.  The length of this sitti gep gin is dependent on what

is granted .....and can be for life !   NOTHING can be done (sale/rent/ or whatever) without permission

of the person with the sitti gep gin.    

As the cynics will tell you (and may have a point)......if your spouse/family is not the nicest,  there are

other ways to get your name removed.  

14 minutes ago, rumak said:

The lease should in fact be noted on the back of the Chanote (land ownership document).  It then can not

be "cancelled" by the owner of the property.  This is going to be a revelation to many of you :  The BEST

"safeguard" for a foreign spouse is for a  " sitti gep gin" to be granted to him/her by the Thai spouse (owner) .  This is also typewritten onto the back of the Chanote

Sigh, it doesn't matter where you write it, if you are married and you take out ANY type of legal agreement with her during the marriage, she can cancel it at any time, even when recorded on a chanote at the land office.

Is English not your first language?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

36 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sigh, it doesn't matter where you write it, if you are married and you take out ANY type of legal agreement with her during the marriage, she can cancel it at any time, even when recorded on a chanote at the land office.

Is English not your first language?

you don't know what you are talking about.   and i don't care....byeeeee

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, rumak said:

Over 25 years i have been "involved" in 7 seperate land purchases.:   In Chiangrai, in Fang, in Doi Saket,

in Chiangmai and in Lamphun.    Never was there a problem at the land office concerning who or where

the money was coming from.  Note: these were all individual land or land/house purchases, ranging from

a small house up to one parcel which was 30 Rai.  

As with most things here in Thailand the interpretation of what is "legal or illegal" wholly depends on 

what the head man says.   And what the head man says can never be exactly determined beforehand.

The longer I have been here the easier and less stessful the "process" of purchasing became.  Due to

my experience and also..importantly, my attitude when being present.  If one has not done this before

and does not understand Thai.......then it is natural that one does not really know what is going on.

There can be complications due to the land title also.  Like how many owners, etc.  If there are no complications and the "foreign" husband (or wife) does not act like a know it all or jerk....then i believe

that 99% of these purchases will go smoothly. 

They land office did at times ( probably still do, but not sure)  have me sign a form stating that I was not

the purchaser.  The question of whose money was NOT the important factor,  as others have stated here.

I have also "bought and sold" land after getting a power of attorney from my daughter who is a Thai citizen

but lives abroad.   Again:  no problem at land office and they were polite and helpful .

One last note:  Lawyers and others giving advice cannot always be trusted !  Learn for yourself  .

Would any sane man back 'ome spend a large amount of money to buy anything which depended on what a headman says? I doubt it, so why would anyone do so here, unless..................................

Seems people go a bit bonkers in LOS- riding m'bikes without protection, insurance or licence; send money every month to someone they only knew 1 week; give money to a girlfriend's parents to fix sick buffalo; buy land in someone else's name.

It all seems very strange to me.

Even more so when the money it took to buy the land is enough to live on very comfortably in a nice rented house, and no chance the beloved is going to take it away.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would any sane man back 'ome spend a large amount of money to buy anything which depended on what a headman says? I doubt it, so why would anyone do so here, unless..................................

Seems people go a bit bonkers in LOS- riding m'bikes without protection, insurance or licence; send money every month to someone they only knew 1 week; give money to a girlfriend's parents to fix sick buffalo; buy land in someone else's name.

It all seems very strange to me.

Even more so when the money it took to buy the land is enough to live on very comfortably in a nice rented house, and no chance the beloved is going to take it away.

As with all things it's down to individual choice. What you or I may deem "bonkers" in our world may seem perfectly normal and acceptable to others in theirs. 

There is no right or wrong way just an individual way of doing things. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

As with all things it's down to individual choice. What you or I may deem "bonkers" in our world may seem perfectly normal and acceptable to others in theirs. 

There is no right or wrong way just an individual way of doing things. 

You mean,

Seems perfectly normal in the DELUSIONAL world of others.

You know, the world where women are grateful for stuff you did for them in the past (Biffaults' Law).

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You mean,

You know, the world where women are grateful for stuff you did for them in the past (Biffaults' Law).

Who is anyone to call them delusional? 

If it works for them and they are happy they may claim you're the delusional one for your negative stance. 

Not a dig, just highlighting that an individual will choose what his truth is, and that may be different from your vision of the truth. 

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You mean,

poor MTB......i know how he feels !   I am on No. 8 !    keep trying Mate ....

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I really don't think this is that different than the "civilized" world that I came from.  How much money

one has and "who you know"  have always been major factors in interpreting the law.  No ?

FYI:   I have many dealings with heads of land offices,  water dept, and electric offices here in Thailand.

Always when I had a problem I asked to see the "hua na".   In every case they were helpful.  The mistake

many make (foreigners that is)......is they start to get upset and angry.   Just stay cool and plead your

case.   (takes practice :-)