Milford - Cliff View condo buildings Phala

Ridge

We are looking for a seaview condo in Ban Chang. Around 1 million b. Does anyone know the history of the white condos along the beach road. Why some parts look good and some a complete mess ? Anyone with a friend that wants to sell (other then the ones with a for sale sign) ?

I think the Milford is mainly used by people who are from out of town and stay weekdays while working in Rayong/Maptaphut.

If you take a look on the other side of the road opposite the line of shophouses on the slope, go past milford on your left then past Phala cliff on your left you will see where I mean on your right.

Not sure about prices but in that area because of the motorway from Bangkok connecting the area and Utapao airport expanding the locals are asking for big money now.

You can get a seafront house with absolutely no ownership or land papers for anything from 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 baht if you fancy and some people have done so because the papers will be ok 'soon'.!!!!!!!

At Milford they have problems with management and lazy staff, the building is in bad condition, no money is being spent on repairs etc.

Buyer beware!!!

3 minutes ago, Jessi said:

At Milford they have problems with management and lazy staff, the building is in bad condition, no money is being spent on repairs etc.

Buyer beware!!!

Is that the huge white monster. The Oceanside view looks totally abandoned on the ground floor. Not a nice looking bldg.

4 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Is that the huge white monster. The Oceanside view looks totally abandoned on the ground floor. Not a nice looking bldg.

I think your talking about the town house style on the lower road near the beach.

They were built without approval, so they cant be lived in and are just an eyesore.

If you are thinking of buying  there, rent first then make your decision.

That is the safe way.

4 hours ago, Jessi said:

I think your talking about the town house style on the lower road near the beach.

They were built without approval, so they cant be lived in and are just an eyesore.

If you are thinking of buying  there, rent first then make your decision.

That is the safe way.

Quite a few places near the beach were abandoned in the 97 crash. A few have had the cracks wallpapered and sold later. I remember looking at the shophouse style places on the slope and the concrete ground floor patios were starting to drop a bit and split away from the main house, that was about 10 years ago. A few have been fixed but not where I would put my money.

The lower road where the original Bella Vista used to be I've heard none of the buildings there have any paperwork to go with them.

2 hours ago, huangnon said:

Yep. Please note that chanotes on any beachfront property is a myth.

At one time the story was that everything within half a kilometre was the same because BanChang office didn't have any of them. They were all in the office in Klang/Kleng?? for some reason, possibly change of admin area but they never moved the paperwork. But as you say 99% of everything on the beach there is nothing on record anywhere.

Edited by overherebc

If you go down on to the beach at payoon and look up at the Milford you will see some for sale signs, a lot of older ban Chang foreigners stay there, the ones i know all seem happy enough, apparently it has a pretty decent pool.

^Similarly know a couple of people who have bought units in the Milford to live in, and seem very content there. I remember when there were literally hundreds of guys in the Milford during the mid 90's, working on the Maptaphut construction boom then.

-Many complaints about lazy staff and management from 20+ years ago, so it's nice to know nothing has changed then.:smile:

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

If you go down on to the beach at payoon and look up at the Milford you will see some for sale signs, a lot of older ban Chang foreigners stay there, the ones i know all seem happy enough, apparently it has a pretty decent pool.

It has two swimming pools but I think only one can be used. Once again NO MONEY being spent on repairs.

Most of the land/houses being bought in the area are being bought by BKK money, not for somewhere to live but just for future value for their own kids etc.

It doesn't matter if the house they buy is lived in or not so can sit there and rot for the next ten or fifteen years. 

Everyone somehow believes that in 3 or 4 years all will look lovely and wonderful along the coast in BanChang but my vision is somewhat different having known the area since the early 90's.

My opinion only, obviously others may think different.

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Most of the land/houses being bought in the area are being bought by BKK money, not for somewhere to live but just for future value for their own kids etc.

It doesn't matter if the house they buy is lived in or not so can sit there and rot for the next ten or fifteen years. 

Everyone somehow believes that in 3 or 4 years all will look lovely and wonderful along the coast in BanChang but my vision is somewhat different having known the area since the early 90's.

My opinion only, obviously others may think different.

I think the same. 

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

I think the same. 

Was talking to a woman from Bangkok,  her and hubby quite well off, who are almost finished building a house in the area.

I mentioned that the road the house sits on was already starting to 'come apart' after only a year.

Doesn't matter she said, you don't see it when you're in the house.

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Was talking to a woman from Bangkok,  her and hubby quite well off, who are almost finished building a house in the area.

I mentioned that the road the house sits on was already starting to 'come apart' after only a year.

Doesn't matter she said, you don't see it when you're in the house.

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. They should be able to give you the good the bad and the ugly about the Milford.

18 minutes ago, Big Guns said:

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. They should be able to give you the good the bad and the ugly about the Milford.

Membership is by invitation only I've heard so tread carefully when approaching especially late in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, Big Guns said:

That group is known as "The swollen prostrate club"  :stoner:

Way off topic I know and I don't why it came into my head but I had a sudden vision of a volcano erupting and the beach area being covered in ash suddenly.

A couple of thousand years from now someone like Sir David A discussing the uncovering of what could be some kind of local senior administration group along with a couple of serving ladies preserved forever in the ash.

Sorry, next post back on topic, honestly.

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Way off topic I know and I don't why it came into my head but I had a sudden vision of a volcano erupting and the beach area being covered in ash suddenly.

A couple of thousand years from now someone like Sir David A discussing the uncovering of what could be some kind of local senior administration group along with a couple of serving ladies preserved forever in the ash.

Sorry, next post back on topic, honestly.

Stay off topic I like it.:smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2017 at 8:29 AM, Big Guns said:

I believe that some of the Milford residents belong the the Ban Chang Round Table Society. They have daily meetings to solve local, national and international issues outside a small shop next to the Pala roundabout. 

Hahahah!!!:cheesy::burp:

Edited by jacobsladder

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/07/2017 at 9:30 PM, thehelmsman said:

There's a house, ocean front in downtown Phala Beach. Price is 16 mil.

The supposed new 7-11 coming to town won't help prices either. Land prices for building site are also nutty.

Heard that yesterday (7/11 story). Didn't know the place was a small hotel a good few years ago.

Also means the BanChang Round Table Club will have to find a new venue.