Truemove 4G vs DTAC 4G packages / speeds

Xaos

Hey whats the one to go for? i live in city.

I got now True 4G, pays 799+vat for 12GB thats max u can get

in DTAC 20GB for 1099,  any feedback on thier speed and relability?

thx

I switched from Dtac to True. Very happy with the 4G service. I pay 899 B per month for 17 GB of 4G data and unlimited 3G if I go over. I also get 300 voice minutes and unlimited music service which is ok but no Spotify.

Pre-paid? Post-paid?

There are some pretty good post-paid deals, usually at any one time from one or more providers, often with double-allotment for 12 months, or with monthly roll-overs.

Best to stop in a shop to get the latest details on deals as the web-sites are usually not kept up to date.

I mainly use DTAC, post-paid, speeds are fine.

dtac_lte.jpg

On 2017-7-15 at 2:45 PM, Xaos said:

4G?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 2017-7-15 at 2:44 PM, Xaos said:

How you get it?

Send code pls

Get what??

I've already given you the code for TRUE's 4Mbps unlimited. Without calls, it is 535 baht

* 900 * 1704 #

Otherwise their full speed 4G unlimited, up to 300Mbps, is 1605 baht  

*900*1703*# 

But don't bother with the more expensive package if your equipment is limited to 3G, as then the speed will be limited to 4Mbps anyway.

Edited by JamJar

If its unlimited how can be limited?

Im on true now 12GB 4G full speed, after that it drops to 312kb/s ot something like that.

Sometimes Im above 12GB and paying for extra 1GB like 250thb

Whats that 1600thb unlimited u sended? Is it 30 days full speed no limits?

I got s8+ not limited

Found this if anyone can explain

http://www.adslthailand.com/post/โปรมาใหม่-unlimited-เน็ตเลิฟเว่อร์-ใช้-4g-ไม่อั้น-ไม่ลดสปีด-สำหรับผู้ใช้-truemove-h-แบบเติมเงิน

Its unlimited 4G for 30 days? Not limited by data amount usage? Is it speed drops?

Looks like its unlimited data, means I can use it on laptop as much as I want with full speeds.

17 hours ago, Xaos said:

I got s8+ not limited

http://www.adslthailand.com/post/โปรมาใหม่-unlimited-เน็ตเลิฟเว่อร์-ใช้-4g-ไม่อั้น-ไม่ลดสปีด-สำหรับผู้ใช้-truemove-h-แบบเติมเงิน

Its unlimited 4G for 30 days? Not limited by data amount usage? Is it speed drops?

Looks like its unlimited data, means I can use it on laptop as much as I want with full speeds.

That's the link I already gave to you in post #10. Do you have a problem with reading in English?

Next time, just state what it is that you want from the very first post. If you want unlimited with full speed, state it.

Wow.....

Anyway, already covered in post #10.

18 hours ago, Xaos said:

I got s8+ not limited

Do you actually need full speed unlimited? How much data, in GB, do you think that you actually use per month?  

On 18/07/2017 at 5:32 AM, JamJar said:

Do you actually need full speed unlimited? How much data, in GB, do you think that you actually use per month?  

I've used several hundred GB some months when I've wanted to stream HD. Watch a football match or an F1 race and there's up to 2GB gone....

Id stream and cast 4k 60fps to my tv all the time if i could, thats 18GB/hour.

You'd get kicked off those unlimited packages i think though

Thailand needs 700, 1500, 2300, 2600 and 3500mhz bands to come online for 4g

• 1 month later...

Im runnung out of 12GB currenty. Had to top up.twice this month. Im heavy user. S8+

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
21 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

So for 300 thb true gives a real unlimited but not at maximum speed ? Is 1mbps enough to watch youtube ?

cheers.

Try it for a day in order to find out for yourself; *900*1998# gets you 1 Mbps between 6am and 6pm, afterwards slowing down to 256 kbps. Enough time for you to run your tests before deciding to commit to a longer duration.

• Like 1

If you are on a postpaid plan and you have finished a year, you can actually drop them a call and tell them that you want to change to another provider. 
E.g AIS -> Truemove or Truemove -> AIS 

They will offer you a 50% discount on all their existing plans. I used to pay 599 for 4GB max speed internet at 300mbps, currently i changed to the 899 plan @ 30GB at max speed 300mbps at 50% discount for 1 year. So basically im paying 459 per month for 30GB max speed

They do have higher tiers at up to 75GB or those unlimited plans 
UNLIMITED 4G @ 825 per month 
http://www.ais.co.th/move-to-ais/en/?intcid=getpage-en-header_menu-consumer_menu-move_to_ais_submenu1 
True doesnt have it on their website so just use AIS as a reference 
So just call in to your service provider and let them know you plan to change to another provider, they will match the price and promo. :post-4641-1156694572: 
Hope this helps

Edited by justapasserby
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

Try it for a day in order to find out for yourself; *900*1998# gets you 1 Mbps between 6am and 6pm, afterwards slowing down to 256 kbps. Enough time for you to run your tests before deciding to commit to a longer duration.

300 thb is not for a month ?

On 08/03/2018 at 7:20 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

300 thb is not for a month ?

Didn't you ask if 1 Mbps is enough for YouTube?

So test the speed with a day package before committing yourself.

It's 300 baht + VAT for a month. 321 baht.

On 7.3.2018 at 12:14 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

Is 1mbps enough to watch youtube ?

You will likely fallback/limited to 360p resolution (640 x 360).

With some luck you might see 480p (854 x 480).

Not great, even on a usual mobile (5 inch display).

But if it's enough for you then OK.

For proper video quality (720p, 1280x720) 4 Mbit/s are recommended.

And that is what I can assure from own experience when watching videos/TV while traveling.

On a 5 inch display the human eye can hardly see a difference to a higher resolution.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 11:15 PM, justapasserby said:

If you are on a postpaid plan and you have finished a year,

Another tip is to convert from post-paid to pre-paid at the end of your first year's contract, staying with the same provider (assuming you are satisfied with them, if not, port out to another provider as prepaid first), then wait a few days for the heavily-discounted (50%/2x data/rollover) promotions to start rolling in to convert back to post-paid. Did this by accident once but have continued it for a few years. 

For the latest prepaid deals you can follow prosermthaisim on twitter, fb, web...

http://www.prosermthaisim.com/

prosermtahism.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1