Want to find grown son I never met who was born in Bangkok

Namrevlis

I'm an American and I lived in Thailand in the late 1960's where I had a lovely girlfriend. I want to find my grown son I never met who was born in Bangkok in February 1967. I know his mother's first name and nickname but not her last name. I think I know his first name. I didn't abandon him. I asked my girl friend to marry me but she declined. I don't want to upset the man because he might have been raised by a nice man who was a good father. I think he works with computers and might have been a webmaster about 25 years ago, I am now 79 and living on a small fixed income so going to Thailand is difficult and expensive for me but I will do so if I can meet him. 

Thank you. 

David Silverman

Edited by Namrevlis
Added info and corrected spelling

I have a little more information but want to withhold it so it can be used for verification. I think my son's first name is Andrew which is definitely not a common name for a Thai man, especially one who is now 50 years old. 

Still no harm in trying. If I were flush I'd certainly go there and pay a private investigator. Why won't you publish my name? 

You can use DNA for verification. If you want to make any chance at all you need to give all the info you have, like dates, where did you live, what did you do, where did she live what did she do,places you both frequented, common friends. If you know he was a webmaster 25 years ago, you should have more other info too. Without it you have no chance at all.  

Hmmmm really a judgment call.  You all of a sudden before your turns ends want to find the end result of your reproduction function?  Takes more than that last request to call him your son, and you his  Dad.  Best to leave this alone as you have done all these years,  you're the only one who would gain and the rest would perhaps not take it so well. You so graciously decided you want to make an appearance back into his life... He may not want you.    Sorry to be harsh here. You have learned nothing about Thai culture and you're out of time.  Continue to dream and wonder the ifs can could have, because that is less harmful.  Just can't  show up on your terms and decide you want a son... it needs to be earned,  and you have not earned it.

Leave it be...

Edited by Rhys

there is a tv.program on sat.around 1pm.that looks for lost children who are now grown up.

not sure of the name of it but its on MCOT TV.CHANNEL 30.

try and get intouch with them.

i have found they have an email address google,INVESTOR.MCOT.NET/CONTACT

Edited by meatboy

17 hours ago, Namrevlis said:

I have a little more information but want to withhold it so it can be used for verification. I think my son's first name is Andrew which is definitely not a common name for a Thai man, especially one who is now 50 years old. 

Still no harm in trying. If I were flush I'd certainly go there and pay a private investigator. Why won't you publish my name? 

The very best of luck in your search. But why did you leave it so late in life to try and track him down ?  This is not a negative but just at 79 years old was just interested.

14 hours ago, Rhys said:

Hmmmm really a judgment call.  You all of a sudden before your turns ends want to find the end result of your reproduction function?  Takes more than that last request to call him your son, and you his  Dad.  Best to leave this alone as you have done all these years,  you're the only one who would gain and the rest would perhaps not take it so well. You so graciously decided you want to make an appearance back into his life... He may not want you.    Sorry to be harsh here. You have learned nothing about Thai culture and you're out of time.  Continue to dream and wonder the ifs can could have, because that is less harmful.  Just can't  show up on your terms and decide you want a son... it needs to be earned,  and you have not earned it.

Leave it be...

A BAD judgementcall you have made. Showing total lack off....well everything human.

You must fit in here quite well I suppose.

If you are this judgemental on a forum, I pity your partner.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, Been there done that said:

A BAD judgementcall you have made. Showing total lack off....well everything human.

You must fit in here quite well I suppose.

If you are this judgemental on a forum, I pity your partner.

you are making a bad call on him, have you ever thought how the son would feel when his father did nothing for 50 years? he might be happy to see him, he could be very angry too.

On 12/07/2017 at 8:19 PM, happylarry said:

I can still see your full name David, for your interest.

HL

On 12/07/2017 at 8:19 PM, happylarry said:

I can still see your full name David, for your interest.

HL

It was a moderator who said he deleted it, rather than David himself. 

Let's hope it works to his advantage....(if it's meant to be). 

Good luck anyway.