Canadian Drug Suspect Found Hanged In Cell Room, Cop Says

webfact

5 hours ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Suicide note??

Why on earth would he do that??

Can they Prove that he did it????

How can he hang himself ?? Belt always get off also shoestrings and everyone always can see everything camera's celmates etc ...iT is almost impossible to hang yourself to what ? Hooks ?Bars ? Lamps or

please i want to hang myself ? Give me a rope ?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Go2BKK said:

All CCTV cameras were out of order ???

I had the misfortune of seeing the inside of a police cell in bangkok, and there are no CCTV cameras at all. It's just a fan, concrete floor, and iron bars. As i said before, no supervision. So who knows what happened. 

36 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

quite unusual how frequently such similar things happen; thai jail cells must be amongst the worlds most dangerous

Seem to remember some stories about people beating themselves to death in a cell  :thumbsup:

I personally have been a 'guest' of the authorities in Bkk. There was no way I was allowed anything (including shoe-laces)

that I could have harmed myself or anyone else with. I find it difficult to believe this guy was not 'helped'

5 hours ago, the donger said:

I dont know if you have ever visited a police cell block, but there are no video cameras and no supervision. People are just left in a metal barred cell for two days until release or sent to court.   

Food is not even always given, because there is no obligation unlike in a prison. Police only go past the cells when depositing or taking prisoners. So it is quite possible for someone to hang themselves using their shirt or other item of clothing tied to a bar.   

Usually a police cell will contain several prisoners, who could have stopped him. But for foreigners its common practice to be given a seperate cell to themselves.  

If this guy was caught with drugs and knew the sentence would be 20+ years in a Thai jail... Well that's pretty much a death sentence.   

What I find odd is why no attempt at bribing was made. Or post bail and hike across the border to cambodia. It would be worth a try..

A warrant was issued at the request of the United States, which wanted him arrested and extradited to face drug charges in the USA. So bribing or posting bail was not possible

for him. This was his only way out and not sit in a cage for life.

16 minutes ago, Layla111 said:

I personally have been a 'guest' of the authorities in Bkk. There was no way I was allowed anything (including shoe-laces)

that I could have harmed myself or anyone else with. I find it difficult to believe this guy was not 'helped'

Ive also been a guest and there is nothing to hang from 

And the ceiling is too high to get near even there was

There is no handle on the inside of the doors and its normally crammed full of other prisoners and they do take your shoes and belt and anything else that might harm yourself or anyone else

He was going to be extradited to the US, not face a Thai Prison Cell. That sentence might not have been bad time in a Fed Pen. Meals, exercise time, cable, a library, a bunk, Even maybe a parole. He was 26, he might have been out in 20 with a Law Degree. Seems odd.

11 hours ago, speedtripler said:

If I was facing a life sentence for drug smuggling I would also rather have a quick ending.... If that's what happened

In the police station is rare though..... 

Yeah, but Life in a US Prison for the most part i a country club, 'cept of course for 'Bubba'  but if he was smart enough and socked away some money, he could drag the battle out for a looooong time.

9 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Laws in Thailand are not on the books to protect the people or punish criminals. They are there to facilitate an additional income stream for authorities. It is no secret that the BIB are often in collusion with criminals. If said criminal is incarcerated the people receiving payment don't want him singing. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

And please tell me any country not the same as Thailand if you can think of any !!!!!!

You would think if you are in police custody you would safe Or surely they must of been a police officer close by looking now and then at the prisoners. Or maybe just maybe this guy was going to start talking and tell who his bosses were. So the police informed the bosses he was going to talk so envelope in order to leave cell unlocked and be outside having a smoke or something while the problem was fixed to stop the talking. I guess i am being sinister but after seeing a woman who was on death row in Thailand get bail for murdering her husband nothing surprises me any more She had money position and of coarse she left the country Lol LOl

33 minutes ago, Cool Guy 5000 said:

Jeez, 26-years-old and been on the run in Thailand for 8 years, When he was arrested police impounded four  Lamborghini cars registered in his name, and papers for three houses worth about 400 million baht.

He was certainly living life.

wow ... if he had 4 Lamborgines he was rich .... all from drugs.

rot in hell.       Drug users and pushers deserve nothing less.

35 minutes ago, Cool Guy 5000 said:

Jeez, 26-years-old and been on the run in Thailand for 8 years, When he was arrested police impounded four  Lamborghini cars registered in his name, and papers for three houses worth about 400 million baht.

Dont worry he had friends in high places in with him Maybe that is why he is not alive today

37 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Sad for the mans family. Now no one will know?

I wonder if he was next to the alleged bomb maker?

nothing sad about it.

good riddance ....  saved alot of time and court costs.

drug users and pushers deserve nothing less.  :coffee1:

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nothing sad about it.

good riddance ....  saved alot of time and court costs.

drug users and pushers deserve nothing less.  :coffee1:

I'll take a wild punt on this one, innocent until proved guilty doesn't cut it with you.

7 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

A very lucrative windfall for the Thai wife, BiB, justice officials and immigration folks.  All of this guys assets get dispersed as fast as possible to those who can get access.  Some gets confiscated as ill gotten, but no doubt the wife has a fat emergency stack, stashed in her name.  The BiB and others, calculated that there was more to gain, than just skinny brown envelopes, compared to the big picture.  If he's dead, they scalp what they can.

The tea money I understand, a couple of hundred/ thousand baht for some minor traffic violation, club opening late, etc., but where there is 'title' associated with assets, it's a whole different matter.

I know, I know, crooked lawyers everywhere, condoned/encouraged by the higher ranks in the RTP, etc., and on it goes.  I understand the wife being able to finger some assets, but laying claim to another's property, even in Thailand, is no easy matter, but go for it yhou conspiracy theorists.   It's fertile ground.

14 hours ago, speedtripler said:

If I was facing a life sentence for drug smuggling I would also rather have a quick ending.... If that's what happened

In the police station is rare though..... 

what a waste of a life

7 hours ago, dutchbull said:

How can he hang himself ?? Belt always get off also shoestrings and everyone always can see everything camera's celmates etc ...iT is almost impossible to hang yourself to what ? Hooks ?Bars ? Lamps or

please i want to hang myself ? Give me a rope ?

you obviously dont understand how killing yourself in the way works. let me explain. he used a towel around his neck which cuts off the blood supply to the brain after several minutes with no blood getting to the brain you will die. job well done. :smile:

it dont take long

Edited by catman20

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Yeah, but Life in a US Prison for the most part i a country club, 'cept of course for 'Bubba'  but if he was smart enough and socked away some money, he could drag the battle out for a looooong time.

yes he could have a really great life dragging out for year while he was on remand. :coffee1:

2 hours ago, Cool Guy 5000 said:

And he certainly was not living an inconspicuous life.

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

you obviously dont understand how killing yourself in the way works. let me explain. he used a towel around his neck which cuts off the blood supply to the brain after several minutes with no blood getting to the brain you will die. job well done. :smile:

it dont take long

There are NO towels!!! 

Some of you people have yet to have the pleasure of being a police guest.....