I do not know how to start seeking for a job in Thailand

Indika

Hello everyone,

I am from Spain and I have in mind to go to Thailand to get teaching experience and i have some questions... 

Can i teach english or spanish in primary school with a bachelor degree in primary school education (and ELE certificate from Instituto Cervantes) and IELTS 6/9 score? maybe i need more score in the IELTS certificate?

Do Thai's school need spanish langauge teachers? or it is not an important language there and there are not chances to find spanish teacher position in Thailand?

What metod is easier for finding a job quickly... go there and go to all schools with my resume on hand or it is better to try to find a job by the internet?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english :P

International schools and some Thai schools have Spanish as an option. I've taught Thai students who have studied Spanish. Some universities will also have Spanish courses. I would imagine the turnover of qualified Spanish teachers is not high though.

Teaching English here will be an issue. As I read your post, as a non native speaker, you make all the expected mistakes that a native Spanish speaker would make when speaking English. In an interview your accent will not be viewed positively and Thai students may have trouble understanding you. Other languages are taught in Thai High schools but French, German, and other Euro languages are generally only taught my Thai staff and not outside teachers. You may have better success if you try at the University level, since you have an education degree, Spanish may be offered somewhere, but I still think it will be quite difficult unless in person you can lose the accented speech.

Good Luck

You don't have to look for a job in Thailand, in China they probably need you in their language schools that teach Spanish. Just go on line and find out.

Thailand is only for you to go on holidays after your hard work in china you take a break and go to Thailand. You can easily polish your English language so in China they wouldn't complain about your English because not everyone speak good English in China. It's like a one eye man in the kingdom of the blind. Got what I mean? You only need to do a bit more work on your English that's all.

Chinese Girls are good for you they don't make you jump off the balcony in the condominium in China.

PS: when you go to Thailand always ask for the first or second floor whether hotel or private apartment. You don't get me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, madusa said:

You don't have to look for a job in Thailand, in China they probably need you in their language schools that teach Spanish. Just go on line and find out.

Thailand is only for you to go on holidays after your hard work in china you take a break and go to Thailand. You can easily polish your English language so in China they wouldn't complain about your English because not everyone speak good English in China. It's like a one eye man in the kingdom of the blind. Got what I mean? You only need to do a bit more work on your English that's all.

Chinese Girls are good for you they don't make you jump off the balcony in the condominium in China.

PS: when you go to Thailand always ask for the first or second floor whether hotel or private apartment. You don't get me?

What do you mean? Why are we talking about girls here? 

Indika, I like your name, you are lucky! I would have loved to learn Spanish thoroughly from you.  I am sure there are people in Thailand who would like to learn Spanish from you. I think you might want to advertise your skills as a Private Spanish Tutor. I dont know where or how you can do that advantageously. But if I were rich, I would hire you by the hour. Best of luck!

Archived