Thailand’s Jakkrit to play in J-League

snoop1130

Thailand’s Jakkrit to play in J-League

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37QvzQWxYsMyfFx4naMs4DRi9jtgWFWsIvn5hv-1.png

Jakkrit Vechpirom, a 20-year-old forward of Bangkok United football club, will play in the Japanese J- League with FC Tokyo on a loan contract.

He will be the second Thai football star to play in J-League after Chanathip Songkrasin, alias Messi Jay, who is now playing for Japanese club Consadole Sapporo.

FC Tokyo, a well-known team in J-League, has reportedly reached an agreement to have Jakkrit play for it under a loan contract.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailands-jakkrit-play-j-league/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-7-12

14 hours ago, tso310 said:

Good luck to him. Meanwhile no Thai league games until the end of the month and they wonder why league attendances are down by 7% this season.

National Team is playing. Happens all over the World:whistling:

The Kings Cup is a minor invitational tournament pertinent only to Thailand. It used to be held in Q1 and attracted European club and national teams on their winter break and was used as a way of preparing the national team for World Cup qualifiers. How many other leagues break their home league season for this sort of tournament. Non in EUFA, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL or CAF as far I'm aware of. There was an article in the Bangkok Post complaining about this exact point. Also the Brits that write blogs for Super Power and the Buriram times also cited the same point.

2 hours ago, tso310 said:

The Kings Cup is a minor invitational tournament pertinent only to Thailand. It used to be held in Q1 and attracted European club and national teams on their winter break and was used as a way of preparing the national team for World Cup qualifiers. How many other leagues break their home league season for this sort of tournament. Non in EUFA, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL or CAF as far I'm aware of. There was an article in the Bangkok Post complaining about this exact point. Also the Brits that write blogs for Super Power and the Buriram times also cited the same point.

Which is exactly what Thailand's NEW manager will be using it for. There are WC Qualifiers next month and early September. Also, you omit the fact that cup matches are also being played this month....Oh and it's UEFA by the way.:coffee1:

Edited by wilai

Not much hope in the WC qualifiers. Hopelessly outclassed so far but did well to get to this stage. Second round of the cup is 2 August which I believe is next month. Touche on the UEFA mistype. So after this game its no league matches for another month (September 10 against Chiang Rai). Buriram have arranged 2 away friendlies  in Krabi (26 Aug) and Ranong (23 Aug) to keep the squad sharp. As the Bangkok Post article said these breaks must be playing havoc on some clubs cash flow eg Chai Nat.

35 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Not much hope in the WC qualifiers. Hopelessly outclassed so far but did well to get to this stage. Second round of the cup is 2 August which I believe is next month. Touche on the UEFA mistype. So after this game its no league matches for another month (September 10 against Chiang Rai). Buriram have arranged 2 away friendlies  in Krabi (26 Aug) and Ranong (23 Aug) to keep the squad sharp. As the Bangkok Post article said these breaks must be playing havoc on some clubs cash flow eg Chai Nat.

What Buriram not playing in August has to do with the Kings Cup which ends Sunday, (your initial post) I do not know, but feel free to move the goalposts as you wish.

As for them arranging friendlies at the opposite end of the country, I think there is more to it than keeping players sharp, but I'm sure Newin has his reasons:wink:

2 hours ago, tso310 said:

i can see the cash flow issue but the NATIONAL interest has imo 2 b put first, the fa is the essence of all that thai football will do.

On 7/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, wilai said:

As for them arranging friendlies at the opposite end of the country, I think there is more to it than keeping players sharp, but I'm sure Newin has his reasons:wink:

Who knows what Newin thinks I just wish he would stop changing  managers, heavens they make the team I support, Sunderland, look quite stable in that respect. To be fair to him, he does appear to be at every game.