Mother of boy viciously assaulted by soldier says she fears for her life after threats to silence her

webfact

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

To all those who keep saying, "it goes on everywhere" - Ok - but this post is about a particular instance in Thailand - not the rest of the world, but sure - if you are really concerned about the rest of the world (which is very doubtful) join the local social media in those countries and protest there.  This is about highlighting the nonsense going on in Thailand where most of us have a connection.

Fair enough but the posters I am referring to specifically make it sound like this is the ONLY place shit like this happens.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Fair enough but the posters I am referring to specifically make it sound like this is the ONLY place shit like this happens.

There are a few. 

13 hours ago, tominbkk said:

I suppose if your country is perfect with things like this never happening then you should be there?  Crazy people and tragic things happening everywhere my friend.

At the very least, hospitals and other direct care facilities should be required to anonymously" (key word here) report suspicion of abuse.  The excuse of being a third world country doesn't cut it with me -especially when a country doesn't protect its own citizens. Granted, the police and courts have to be trained appropriately, (yeah I know...don't hold your breath), but  native human rights and protections shouldn't have to take a back seat to tourism.Thailand certainly isn't similar to Ghana- no comparison.You either have a conscience or you don't. Look at the small country of Bhutan. If an army-led country truly cares about its citizens, then start worrying about the police and monitoring them as you do those citizens. You want to lose that third world labeling? Then start using some common sense and grow a pair. I'm available should those in question need some  consultation AND common sense.

If this mother is being threatened , the soldier should be arrested and kept until he confesses who his

friends are.  then arrest them and keep them until it is found our who has been making these threats.

This case has been handled badly and the police and military need to fix it. Justice has not been done and

the PM and the military know this. Disgusting

Geezer

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If this mother is being threatened , the soldier should be arrested and kept until he confesses who his

friends are.  then arrest them and keep them until it is found our who has been making these threats.

This case has been handled badly and the police and military need to fix it. Justice has not been done and

the PM and the military know this. Disgusting

Geezer

To paraphase Forrest Gump (?),  "Disgusting is as disgusting does"!

On 7/13/2017 at 5:34 PM, Enoon said:

Are you idiot who has to have it spelled out to them:

Yes, like the UK because the UK is a Western (for the purposes of the post a "normal/crap" ) country where, nevertheless, the crime would be taken very seriously and it's perpetrators pursued with utmost diligence?

Or is this a futile attempt to deflect/re-focus the entirely justified criticism away from the "disgusting" uniformed/privileged/caste system, (ex-military officer/police connections...double bonus) as it exists in Thailand?

Or just venting your own, personal resentment towards the UK and it's people?

Well, as someone already pointed out, common sense posts will be removed.
Contrary to the above Anglo-supremists opinion I pointed out that in the UK a cover up of over 20 years took place before action was taken.
So, I do not understand the reason why Thai bashing is allowed, while putting the bashing in perspective is not and gets moderated away.
Seems this is not as interesting a forum as it could be, and anglo supremacist  moderating and moderating away of opinions dissenting from the majority does not improve that.

Never mind and good luck !
I'll leave the joy of closing this account to you.