Best area to live in Rayong ?

gocci888

Hi there,

I plan to live in Rayong with my wife and my kids. Could you tell me where is the more pleasant area to live (where it isn't polluted, without lot of traffic, green and quite place) ? We would like to rent a house there.

Thanks for your help

Laem Mae Phim. it's like a ghost town with amongst the nicest beaches in the area but you need transport. You can get a songthaew from there to Ban Phe & Rayong City or Klaeng as well. If you want any life at all it's not the place for you and even in high season it isn't that lively. Hat Mae Rhumpung beach (divided between Ban Phe & Taphong councils) might be a better compromise, the beach isn't as good as Mae Phim but there's more life and you can get a songthaew to Rayong city for 25baht. Both areas have a lot of green looking inland but you have to appreciate that Rayong is the most industrialised part of Thailand so around the city is dense industry with Map ta Phut to the west being the largest industrial estate in Thailand & to the east you have a huge IRPC chemical plant.

I've only visited, but Ban Phe looks like a good balance of bustling town life, but not too big.  Further along the coast from there is very green, but less going on.  Just inland of the main road there's interesting looking houses with some land attached - and large areas of rubber trees.  Nice part of Thailand in my view.

Rayong city has a big park with exercise equipment a basketball court and lots of trees and benches which is great for a morning coffee. There is a big Wat there too. They have their annual festivals there at the park. Traffic not bad except when the kids go to school down the road. Maybe about 3km to the beach road. Maptaput is about 30 mins away so I never notice or hear anything industrial. And Maptaput is where Imagration office is for 90 day and extentions.

Close to Samet and Pattaya. Two hours to Bangkok. Beaches are clean and many people there on the weekend to excaped the heat and have picnics. Rayong also has a new hospital and three big malls. Central being the new one.

I really like the area...just the right size. Rent is good too. Nice quiet street with 7 and a tesco and pharmacy two blocks away. I have 3 bed 2 bath house for 6000bt a month.

Ban Chang has all the amenities you need, but a bit quieter than Rayong city it'self. Many dining options, lots of shops, markets, beaches, easy access to motorway which will be even easier soon, U Tapao airport for those short trips around Asia...