Video reveals the cause of Pattaya’s filthy beach

webfact

Video reveals the cause of Pattaya’s filthy beach

pat.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An alarming video has revealed what has caused disgusting waste water to pollute Pattaya beach.

Footage of black water, sludge and stinking rubbish polluting the beach was first reported by Sophon Cable TV on Thursday, leading to the beach being dubbed an ‘environmental disaster zone’.

Now a video shared on Facebook has revealed the reason why the wastewater and other disgusting matter has been washed up on the beach.

A video posted to the Facebook page True Pattaya apparently showed city sewers running directly into the sea.

A caption which accompanied the footage read:

“Pattaya dirty secret. The sewers are going right into the water. This includes shit, vomit, chemical waste, food waste, and everything else”.

The post claimed that three pipes at various points along the beach road all run into the sea.

“There are 3 tubes like this. One at North Beach road at the top, this one close to soi 6 and another at the entrance of Walking Street. In Jomtien Beach it is exactly the same. Another exit is close to Cozy Beach at Pratukmak. Their exit is a about 300 meters offshore where people cannot see”, the post read.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-14

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disgusting. Pattaya is a seriously fun city but the stench that hangs in the air should tell anyone with ANY sense that going swimming there is akin to doing so in a dirty khlong or freshly fouled toilet bowl.

Waiting for the defamation suit against the uploader for ruining the already $#itty reputation of Pattaya beach.

I doubt it is salvageable now either. Sad for those who need a clean beach to bring in an income

This drainage is all by design : Photo is the 2 m diameter drain pipe ( soi 6) that was installed  in the major flooding  prevention  drain project few years ago.

The two other locations at North and South end .?? 

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/beach-road-drainage-pipe-installation-to-begin-in-june-47271#sthash.Y6oOKx8I.dpuf

Edit : Re ID 7   And those large pipes are not operating as evidenced by the portable pumps at Soi 6 and South end. And the North end is a chaotic mess.

These are supposed to be normal water drains connected to the city's storm drains, normally only waste water/storm water would run through these and out to sea, this type of drainage system usually needs no further processing before it goes out to sea,this is quite normal in most countries...

Problem is, there is so much illegal tie ins to these drains that there is all sorts of shit entering the system, quite literally, not to mention the amount of rubbish that goes down the drain along with cooking oil from all sorts of food vendors...

So what Who cares Big deal. Nothing will be done about so why talk about it. If it all goes down hill so what. The world is full of beachs. Let them ruin it the next generation will go else where so what.Let Thailand live in their sewage who cares. Just go else where.

Even a dog does not sh8t where it sleeps or eat. 

Disgusting!, Why are tourist allowed to take pictures and film on the beach. There is only a bit of trash on the beach, and I think it is moved around, from place to place to make it look dirty. Should be a law  against this kind of propaganda, and hurting Pattayas reputation.

After seeing these disgusting beaches I feel that something needs to be done.

It's no use just posting our opinions here on TV

The Thais need some help to see the serious problems and to understand  the impact of these problems on their country..

I think it's a matter of educating everyone to feel the same disgust that we expats feel and let them know it doesn't have to be like this.

I think the expat population of Thailand should get together with the help of TV to make a  signed petition  to the government stating our concerns that not enough is being done to protect the environment and our fear that Thailand's beautiful landscape is rapidly being destroyed.

The media need to get involved as well since they have a huge influence on what Thais think.

There could be parallel petitions complaining about the other major issues such as safety and education.

I don't know how many expats there are in Thailand but surely we have enough voices to make a difference.

I wonder if a few local campaigns can be conducted to raise money to clean up beaches by purchasing tractors and rakes to clean the sand of debri every day..

Of course the authorities need to stop raw sewerage and rubbish from getting into the sea by whatever means possible.

Pattaya is a great place , but has major problems with pollution. A lot of bins on beach road now , but none anywhere else . Second road and all the soi's up to BK could e flooded with bins and Emptied regularly. Also all the small street vendors tipping oil and food scraps down the drains . We have to start somewhere. Locals and tourists alike just through all there rubbish on the ground , as there re no bins .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, xerostar said:

The Thais need some help to see the serious problems and to understand  the impact of these problems on their country..

I think it's a matter of educating everyone to feel the same disgust that we expats feel and let them know it doesn't have to be like this.

I think the expat population of Thailand should get together with the help of TV to make a  signed petition  to the government stating our concerns that not enough is being done to protect the environment and our fear that Thailand's beautiful landscape is rapidly being destroyed.

The media need to get involved as well since they have a huge influence on what Thais think.

There could be parallel petitions complaining about the other major issues such as safety and education.

I don't know how many expats there are in Thailand but surely we have enough voices to make a difference.

I wonder if a few local campaigns can be conducted to raise money to clean up beaches by purchasing tractors and rakes to clean the sand of debri every day..

Of course the authorities need to stop raw sewerage and rubbish from getting into the sea by whatever means possible.

I'm sure there is sufficient retiree expertise in country to assist in this matter.

1 hour ago, xerostar said:

I would love to believe most Thais find the desecration of their environment as shocking as we falangs do. Unfortunately, after living here for two decades, I have come to the conclusion that most care little about anybody or anything beyond their immediate family and their own backyards.  Unless and until they acquire a genuine sense of community nothing is going to change for the better.

3 hours ago, KeeperRik said:

Cannot someone do some water sampling to see how polluted it really is?

these published  across the world would make great reading for any traveller.

now I know why they want more Chinese tourists ?

They have not been able to find a material for the sample container which will resist the effects of the water sample?

those are just flood drain pipes, all they do is let the water that floods beach road out into the sea, except they dont really work. the bulk of the pollution on pattaya beach comes from the pump station at the north end of walking st. when it floods it cant handle the extra water and the sewage goes straight into the sea, you can watch it, its black and smelly

Actually, treating sewerage is pretty easy & not that costly.

The big thing is to keep it separate from fat which is harder to treat & takes a lot longer.

The influx of cheap Charlie tourists (helps the Ministeress  of Tourism's numbers , that's all) makes this an immediate 

requirement for the council to remedy.

The beach can recover in 12 months as the constant wave motion is oxygenating & breaking down the excreta

which may surprise some but has little fat in it (The body has already taken the fat out)

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why I never leave Soi 6 when I am in Pattaya.

the rest of the city is a polluted mess.

Sorry Nowadays soi six is closed for most hours of the day but on the positive side it will give u more time for swimming at The Resort Beaches!

"Pattaya dirty secret. The sewers are going right into the water. This includes shit, vomit, chemical waste, food waste, and everything else."

This has been going on for years!  Why, suddenly, is it news!

7 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

So what Who cares Big deal. Nothing will be done about so why talk about it. If it all goes down hill so what. The world is full of beachs. Let them ruin it the next generation will go else where so what.Let Thailand live in their sewage who cares. Just go else where.

Even a dog does not sh8t where it sleeps or eat. 

You're absolutely right lovelomsak.... This doesn't even talk about the river in Bkk draining into it! It's not that far away!!!

Archived