Video reveals the cause of Pattaya’s filthy beach

webfact

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think It will be hard to improve the ocean water quality without regular testing of the water.

Yes...... I agree............. test it and publicize it............ but be careful.............

You see what they can do if you piss them off........they just want the 'big face' (not the 'dirty' face that is reality')

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thais have murdered, stolen and mistreated other Thais for 300 years.  Why do you think they give a rats backside for doing the same to others that would include exposing them to sewerage in Pattaya bay ?

I would love to believe most Thais find the desecration of their environment as shocking as we falangs do. Unfortunately, after living here for two decades, I have come to the conclusion that most care little about anybody or anything beyond their immediate family and their own backyards.  Unless and until they acquire a genuine sense of community nothing is going to change for the better.

I question your claim that Thai people care about their own backyards? Not the ones I have seen.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Where's KOTO Keeper Of The Ocean, who used to publish letters almost weekly in the Pattaya Mail and litter Pattaya with leaflets, and the Pollution Solution Group? This is KOTO's fault.

Tourists, expats, tour operators are not stupid, no matter what people think....

Thailand can just carry on destroying it's precious natural attractions of the sort, and when all tourists, expats will spend their money elsewhere, they will just have the shit in the sea to cry and ponder what happened!!..

• 7 months later...

It's not exclusive to Thailand.  In Australia I lived next to a large open stormwater drainage.  After heavy rain the weeds growing in the drain would catch a lot of the toilet paper that came from illegal connections to the stormwater drainage pipes.  The local council workers used to go around and pump smoke into the grates and check local houses to see if smoke came out of the toilet breather pipes.  Can't do that here I suppose, they haven't heard of the correct way to install a toilet.  I think some that do plumbing work here don't know that water flows downhill!  Let alone think that if you flush a toilet the contents of the bowl and water must displace the same volume of air in the ground tank.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:00 AM, webfact said:

Pattaya dirty secret. The sewers are going right into the water. This includes shit, vomit, chemical waste, food waste, and everything else”.

It is not a secret I and meny other farang have known this for years 

But not Pattaya and Thailand can't hide their dirty business anymore 

Social media continue to dispose Thailand as a dirty corrupt lazy don't care country super nice 

I first noticed this my first time and mentioned it to a friend who has a condo on the 17th floor.He confirmed my olfactory sense.This problem has increased to the point were I cant even walk on the sand. My feet will feel as if they are on fire. I have also seen the "oil" slick pictures he's sent after a hard rain. Things are past due,just my 2 cents

• 2 months later...
On 7/14/2017 at 10:52 AM, NCC1701A said:

interesting reading about the same problem in Los Angeles and how in 1925 the city began to deal with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_sewage_treatment_plant

I lived in Manhattan Beach and would drive past this facility every day. It is huge. Anyone see anything like this facility anywhere in Thailand?

Capture.JPG

On Soi Wat Boon in Jomtien.     unused !!!!

1698793348_P_20180524_143032(Large).jpg.a2a885cc4362ceca3a02aae98030b224.jpg2058465217_P_20180524_143036(Large).jpg.6a6640d30d330180bbe9c2ec84830138.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 12:16 PM, xerostar said:

After seeing these disgusting beaches I feel that something needs to be done.

It's no use just posting our opinions here on TV

The Thais need some help to see the serious problems and to understand  the impact of these problems on their country..

I think it's a matter of educating everyone to feel the same disgust that we expats feel and let them know it doesn't have to be like this.

I think the expat population of Thailand should get together with the help of TV to make a  signed petition  to the government stating our concerns that not enough is being done to protect the environment and our fear that Thailand's beautiful landscape is rapidly being destroyed.

The media need to get involved as well since they have a huge influence on what Thais think.

There could be parallel petitions complaining about the other major issues such as safety and education.

I don't know how many expats there are in Thailand but surely we have enough voices to make a difference.

I wonder if a few local campaigns can be conducted to raise money to clean up beaches by purchasing tractors and rakes to clean the sand of debri every day..

Of course the authorities need to stop raw sewerage and rubbish from getting into the sea by whatever means possible.

It's hard to get your advice accepted by locals.  We are simply different creatures that have different expectations.  Unless you're suggesting a complete takeover of Pattaya by foreigners, nothing can be done in my opinion and following up on advice that if you don't like it go back home is something I see myself doing eventually.  The smells and rubbish is becoming annoying to me.

On 7/14/2017 at 1:57 PM, Krataiboy said:

I would love to believe most Thais find the desecration of their environment as shocking as we falangs do. Unfortunately, after living here for two decades, I have come to the conclusion that most care little about anybody or anything beyond their immediate family and their own backyards.  Unless and until they acquire a genuine sense of community nothing is going to change for the better.

And I am well of the opinion that they do not care about their backyards.  Well judging by the amount of broken glass in our back yard. I go out religiously after every big rain storm and pick up a couple of handsful.

12 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

And I am well of the opinion that they do not care about their backyards.  Well judging by the amount of broken glass in our back yard. I go out religiously after every big rain storm and pick up a couple of handsful.

Maybe some clumsy deer wandered into your backyard. 

Video reveals the cause of Pattaya’s filthy beach

pat.jpg&key=f8cfe2e4f38084ac9f053215bb95a8c45abc0344881d725bebc01b2515a1ebda

PATTAYA: -- An alarming video has revealed what has caused disgusting waste water to pollute Pattaya beach.

Footage of black water, sludge and stinking rubbish polluting the beach was first reported by Sophon Cable TV on Thursday, leading to the beach being dubbed an ‘environmental disaster zone’.

Now a video shared on Facebook has revealed the reason why the wastewater and other disgusting matter has been washed up on the beach.

A video posted to the Facebook page True Pattaya apparently showed city sewers running directly into the sea.

A caption which accompanied the footage read:

“Pattaya dirty secret. The sewers are going right into the water. This includes shit, vomit, chemical waste, food waste, and everything else”.

The post claimed that three pipes at various points along the beach road all run into the sea.

“There are 3 tubes like this. One at North Beach road at the top, this one close to soi 6 and another at the entrance of Walking Street. In Jomtien Beach it is exactly the same. Another exit is close to Cozy Beach at Pratukmak. Their exit is a about 300 meters offshore where people cannot see”, the post read.

tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-14

True Pattaya FB page was removed by fb.

22 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Maybe some clumsy deer wandered into your backyard. 

No.  It was the uncaring generation before my dear ....... wife.  Open the kitchen window and throw it out.  No thought for the little dears who will want to run barefoot in the yard in future times.  Mother and older sisters of my dear wife are wholly responsible.  How dumb can a person possibly be?

On 7/14/2017 at 10:52 AM, NCC1701A said:

interesting reading about the same problem in Los Angeles and how in 1925 the city began to deal with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperion_sewage_treatment_plant

I lived in Manhattan Beach and would drive past this facility every day. It is huge. Anyone see anything like this facility anywhere in Thailand?

Capture.JPG

Thailand does not need such a sewer system.....much better to nick the funds and leave as it is....

On 7/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, fakename said:

Disgusting!, Why are tourist allowed to take pictures and film on the beach. There is only a bit of trash on the beach, and I think it is moved around, from place to place to make it look dirty. Should be a law  against this kind of propaganda, and hurting Pattayas reputation.

Reputation? What a clown. 

Archived