Police operation at Nana to catch trans-national criminals

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Rustapha said:

O.K, A one off bust, everything will be back to normal tomorrow, too much tea money involved here, !!!

Interesting to note that, according to the news report, this "raid" was conducted by the 191 emergency police --  and not the local police (I believe the Lumpini Station) that have jurisdiction over Nana.

Perhaps the locals were too busy elsewhere minding their various business ventures.

22 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

They were not carrying passports. That differs from not having one!

We'll never know. I was quoting directly from the report which says fourteen of those apprehendid "did not have" (note: not"were not carrying") passports. The phrase "did not have" is repeated later in the same paragraph.

If your assumption is correct, I'm surprised so many foreigners these days would risk wandering around a red light district with their passport in a pocket or handbag. Maybe the junta's clampdown on dodgy immigrants is actually working!

One thing I am sure we can both agree on is that this was a pretty sloppy piece of journalism.

18 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

They've traditionally stayed pretty much inside the Raja Hotel.

Bit hard with all the building going in and around there . They have contolled going up sukhumvit rd starting from soi 3 for years all the various soi 's nana soi 4 cops cant see anything , nothing unusual 

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

Why are they in the lobby of the Nana? I've never seen any Africans stay there.

Never seen any Africans in the lobby of Nana (disclaimer I haven't been there for 3 months).....but have seen a few Indians ...briefly......sorry sirs....hotel full.

As I said to the receptionist, while booking in, as this happened.....there were four of them and they only wanted one room.

20 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Never seen any Africans in the lobby of Nana (disclaimer I haven't been there for 3 months).....but have seen a few Indians ...briefly......sorry sirs....hotel full.

As I said to the receptionist, while booking in, as this happened.....there were four of them and they only wanted one room.

I saw  Arabs turned away by a woman who moved on to another job after many years there. I remember one who wanted a room and when he was told the hotel was full, said "but my father is ill"> She said take him to the hospital.

2 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I saw  Arabs turned away by a woman who moved on to another job after many years there. I remember one who wanted a room and when he was told the hotel was full, said "but my father is ill"> She said take him to the hospital.

5 5 5 

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Lots of them around.

The EQ nightclub adjoined to the lobby area of the Nana Hotel (formerly Nana Liquid, Nana Disco) is a major African hangout owned by same company that owns Levels, Insanity, Sugar and a few others around the area.

A lot of them are actual tourists and according to the owner, they "spend like time's running out"

On 14/07/2017 at 5:03 PM, observer90210 said:

and what about all the russian hookers and their mafia oriented pimps?

They are far more discreet and not lining the streets harassing people like they have some sort of license to do so ... How  much money changed hands with the finest from lupini must have been a fortune as to how blatent they are. Remember these are so called tourists! They are not Thai. 

Edited by goldenbrwn1

3 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

They are far more discreet and not lining the streets harassing people like they have some sort of license to do so ... How  much money changed hands with the finest from lupini must have been a fortune as to how blatent they are. Remember these are so called tourists! They are not Thai. 

perhaps, but the whole flock of east european gangs incl. Russian remain criminals and should be kicked out of Thailand when they violate laws

Well that didn't last too long, did it?

I walked down the odd-numbered side of lower Sukhumvit from sois 7 to 23 and there were lots of African males hanging around the 7-11 as well as several African females streetwalking.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:51 PM, losername said:

I recognise that location.  It's a fine old heritage hotel in the Nana area!!

Nana hotel? I have always wondered if those African girls standing in lines opposite soi4 had visas for working.

I put it down to colour blind police in the area.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:29 AM, Krataiboy said:

Yeah, but. . . 

How on earth were so many folk from far-off lands - 14 out of the 80 of those apprehended - able to get into Thailand without a passport? If it's that easy, small wonder Thailand attracts so many international crooks.

well, they may have had passports at one time, maybe even their own!  But they didn't now have them on them, and presumably were unwilling to demonstrate to the police that they had one back at their hotel.  Me thinks that implies that some of them had their passports confiscated by their "handlers" and the people were afraid of them and what they may do to them or their families than the Thai police, so they are not ratting them out