VPNs That Work For BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon ?

Mario666

I am currently using AirVPN to access BBC iPlayer but I have been getting very slow speeds recently.

As you may know BBC gradually blocks the ISPs which stops many VPNs working with iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon

Can anyone reccommend a good VPN that works well for iPlayer???

Edited by Mario666
mistake

I use Express VPN, but find that the slowness is usually due to bottlenecks to the international cables.

Before changing VPN, you might want to contact your current one and explain what's happening.

I did that before, and they told me to try another server in the same city or country (UK).

Worked for me.

I've been using 'My Expat Network' for several years now, mainly to access the BBC iPlayer. They have proved to be very reliable and are quick to respond to any interruption due to detection by the BBC. I've never lost the service for more than a couple of hours.

Their customer services is also very good. Find them at:

https://www.my-expat-network.com/?gclid=CMKm8syUy6YCFQmMzAode095Iw

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

On windows chrome browser, using browsec VPN addon, works fine for me.

I also use Chrome with their Browsec extension along with their Location Guard extension, setting it to a fixed location within London.

Occasionally I found BBC i player, ITV Hub, etc, etc were still been blocked using just the Browsec extension (or any VPN extension supplied by Chrome). I've been told that's because, occasionally, the i players request your location again after you've logged in but adding the Location Guard Extension has cured the problem and I've had no problems since. 

On 15/07/2017 at 1:04 PM, sumrit said:

I also use Chrome with their Browsec extension along with their Location Guard extension, setting it to a fixed location within London.

Occasionally I found BBC i player, ITV Hub, etc, etc were still been blocked using just the Browsec extension (or any VPN extension supplied by Chrome). I've been told that's because, occasionally, the i players request your location again after you've logged in but adding the Location Guard Extension has cured the problem and I've had no problems since. 

I've never had a problem but thanks for that info, I'll give it a try.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, MJKT2014 said:

For BBC iPlayer I just use the Kodi addon that doesn't need a VPN and has worked well for several years.

This BBCiPlayer by Mikey is currently out of service, was working a few days ago, now even forum site is down so could be more serious this time? A case of wait and see.

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

This BBCiPlayer by Mikey is currently out of service, was working a few days ago, now even forum site is down so could be more serious this time? A case of wait and see.

My mistake, it still works - just need to change settings. The forum isn't working tho so figured it out myself.

22 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

The live streams in BBC Iplayer haven't worked for a long time, only the catch up works