Udon will not be defeated by Pattaya when it comes to bad signage!

rooster59

Udon will not be defeated by Pattaya when it comes to bad signage!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2DYxfQtuMQzCpWsD.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that it is not just Pattaya that has bad signage - Udon Thani is giving the resort a run for its money.

The story comes after Pattaya was embarrassed that a major sign in the city used the spelling CTIY.

But Udon are taking the issue a step further by reinventing the map.

Thai Rath said that a sign on Route 22 leading into Udon had brought the town of Nong Khai closer than ever before.

A sign outside a school says it is 20 kilometers to Udon and just 60 to Nong Khai.

The reality is that Nong Khai is about 55 kilometers from Udon. Another sign that the news media videoed had it about correct at 34 and 88 kilometers.

Chief of signage in the locality Prajak Puksanthia said he had only been in the job a year and he was not aware of the incorrect sign.

It was probably put in when the road was widened about a year ago before he came into the job, he noted.

However, like the embarrassed Pattaya mayor, he did promise that the sign would be changed.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-15

Giving a wrong distance is not dangerous..

But giving a wrong indication can be..:post-4641-1156693976:

We are in Udon Thani province , yes, again ,on rd 3059 between Chaiwan and Tha Sila;

the rd mark is for a curv on the right side but it's the contrary ..

33392554102_54f78ffaba_b.jpg

Unless it has been changed Highway 7 toll section travelling north to Bangkok had signs for the distance to Suvarnabhumi airport one of which reads more than the preceding sign - from memory the first says 50km and the next 55km even though it is closer to the airport.

I am sure there are more examples of distances being incorrect around the country.

45 minutes ago, amdy2206 said:

I have seen Chachoengsao spelt in so many different ways, I keep waitong for a new version to appear.

I lived there for 2 years.  Your spelling is the correct spelling as far as I know.  But, who knows for sure!

1 hour ago, amdy2206 said:

I have seen Chachoengsao spelt in so many different ways, I keep waitong for a new version to appear.

It did, on ThaiVisa this morning!!!....

" Chacherngsao Police are probing the death of a 14-year-old girl who stayed home alone on Wednesday night, as her family was convinced by the suspicious circumstance that it might be a murder."

Edited by wirat69
Additional information

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

We are in Udon Thani province , yes, again ,on rd 3059 between Chaiwan and Tha Sila;

Or how about this one in the Uk...Think Udon has a lot to learn yet...Ha!

pointlessSign_430x271.jpg

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Same same, but different.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:33 AM, rooster59 said:

A sign outside a school says it is 20 kilometers to Udon and just 60 to Nong Khai.

Actually, the sign in the picture says its 40 kilometers to Udon, looks like Thai Rath reporters are no smarter than the sign writers.

18 hours ago, amdy2206 said:

Similar here. The post office signage is Campson but the various road signs within 2 km of each other are Camp Son, Khaeme Sone, Kaeme Son, Kaemson and Camp Sone.