Estate Agents

jcowle

There are no exclusivity contracts in this country so you can list with all agents. People that I know like Alan Bolton, Jomtien Property, Seaboard, East Coast, to name a few. I would also check out the real estate publications and newspapers to see what companies actually have an advertising budget and list with them. 

Once upon a time you also had the option of putting free or low-cost adverts in the Pattaya Trader magazine and notice boards at places like Friendship, but those days seem to have gone now. I've got a friend who places adverts for properties on Facebook but I don't know how successful they are. Are there any similar options to the Pattaya Trader and the old Friendship notice board left in town these days? It's worth trying every angle, it can take a long time to sell a place here unless you're willing to offer a good discount.

7 hours ago, ThaiBob said:

There are no exclusivity contracts in this country so you can list with all agents. People that I know like Alan Bolton, Jomtien Property, Seaboard, East Coast, to name a few. I would also check out the real estate publications and newspapers to see what companies actually have an advertising budget and list with them. 

Good advice. You can also list on Hipflat, Craigslist, DD Property, etc.

list it with every agent, its then up to them to sell it, (if they have not listed it on their website withing 3 days take them off)list it on all the Facebook pages, there is  lot of them, also Baht and sold and all of the Forums n Pattaya and Bangkok. List it with overseas agents that have a overseas listing. offer a 50,000 bonus to the rep who sells it-separate to his company. Don't rely on 1 or 2 agents, the potential client may not walk into there shop, list it everywhere.

But the most important thing is to list it at a realistic price if you want to sell it, too many people think they can buy a house from a developer for 4million and they spend half a million fitting it out and they want to make a profit so try to sell for 6 million, sorry your house is only worth around 4 million, remember the developer made at least 30% and its a buyers market if you price it wrong and your too high, you will not sell it. price it with everybody/agents on your bottom line. or not up to you!

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Advertise bahtsold.com i look on there all the time for condos. Not sure you need an agent

Better he lists with many agents as well as try to sell himself .The agents only charge (usually 3 %) if they get a buyer .If he finds a buyer himself they do not get anything .