Owner of Condo I'm Renting Hasn't Paid Building Maintenance Fees for over 3 Years

On 7/16/2017 at 7:22 PM, InMyShadow said:

Yes of course there are . But I'm shocked juristic waited 3 years!

I'f Im late paying water rates after 3 months (usually 300 baht) I get a note under the door with cut off looming

Yeah, the manager has asked me to contact the owner about the fees a few times before over the years, but seldom followed up on it. The owner never replied to this issue when I messaged them. I didn't want to get involved so I let it go. Now, the management is planning to sue and perhaps cut the water and my use of the lift. They did say they would give me notice about that. They've actually been fair with me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, garet said:

Yeah, the manager has asked me to contact the owner about the fees a few times before over the years, but seldom followed up on it. The owner never replied to this issue when I messaged them. I didn't want to get involved so I let it go. Now, the management is planning to sue and perhaps cut the water and my use of the lift. They did say they would give me notice about that. They've actually been fair with me.

Over the years...

What is binding you to this unit, over the years?

28 minutes ago, trogers said:

Over the years...

28 minutes ago, trogers said:

Over the years...

Good question .

This is another good reason to own your own condo. That said, in this case, I would go to the condo committee and seek their help. I'm sure they have their own lawyer if it comes to that. I do own my condo and the water bill is on top of the condo maintenance fee. The electricity is  billed directly from the electric company. Provided that the water bill is paid, let the owner and the condo committee fight it out among themselves. The electric bill is normally the renters expense and as long as it is paid, no problem. The worst that can happen to the renter is that it is likely the condo will be attached and sold. That could be a benefit for the renter, meaning a stable owner and possibly cheaper rent.