Foul mouth lady boy all in a night's work for Bangkok cabbie

webfact

Foul mouth lady boy all in a night's work for Bangkok cabbie

1pm.jpg

Picture: THai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rath caught up with a cool headed Bangkok taxi driver who took a  tongue lashing and threats of retribution from a foul-mouthed Nana area lady boy.

He needed to take three days off to recover from his unpleasant experience, he told the media/

Videos of the altercation - that the tax driver said did not tell the full story about how he was abused - were viewed a staggering 4 million times by Thais online who like a drama every bit as good as the TV soaps.

"Lek" - who didn't want his real name used - spoke of his experience to Thai Rath online. He said he picked up the "Type Two Woman" from a condo in Rama 3.

Another man had called him to stop before the lady boy got in. It was 2.30am in the early hours of Sunday morning. It was unclear whether the lady boy had been involved in some service agreement with the other man but it emerged later that he only had foreign currency.

Lek said the passenger was heading for Sukhumvit Soi 4, the red light district of Soi Nana.

He was sweetness and light for most of the journey until they reached near to Nana when he said he had no Thai money for the fare.

A slanging match ensued. They decided to sort it out at a police booth in the area and on the walk there Lek grabbed his erstwhile passenger's arm to make sure he didn't flee.

He was then smashed in the face by the lady boy, he said.

The police in the booth were largely uninterested saying to wait for a patrol. When the patrol came they took the lady boy off to get some Thai money.

Lek said he waited and didn't know where they went. She came back and gave him 130 baht for the 131 baht fare.

Lek told the media he didn't want to make a big deal of it, but he had already taken two days off and would probably have one more day to recover from the experience.

He noted that when the lady boy was on the phone he was making threats with his friends "to get the taxi driver".

Thai Rath asked him how he could be so cool?

"I am just a cool headed person," said Lek. "You have to be dealing with members of the public. Anything can happen, we have to stay calm for everyone's sake.

"I do fitness and it helps to relieve stress," he added.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-18

I have passed that police box on the corner of nana and sukhumvit many many times both in the day time and at night and I have NEVER seen those two so called police outside of the box! not once! don't know what they do but sit on their asses and drink something!

29 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

people rip on taxi drivers but lest face it they have a crap job.

Everyone knows a lot of people have a lot of problems with taxi drivers. But, as this story helps to illustrate, taxi drivers also have a lot of problems with a lot of people.

One time on a long(er) ride I asked the driver about some of his best ‘war stories’. Some 10 or 15 absolutely incredible stories later he was just getting warmed up. Some of the stories were sad, some were scary, some were exasperating, some were weird, some were funny…but they were all interesting.

For some reason…the job sounded something like being a mobile bartender who also works an emergency hotline.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Yes I agree. But any driver taking a ladyboy to Nana Soi 4 at 2.30 am after a client job in the burbs should not expect it to be like a Sunday drive to church.

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:

Yes I agree. But any driver taking a ladyboy to Nana Soi 4 at 2.30 am after a client job in the burbs should not expect it to be like a Sunday drive to church.

uber has setting the standard with no cash payment required. all taxis not using this sort of system are going to have problems.

taxi agreed to take her and use the METER. not easy to find. the lb talking down at the driver as if she is a hi-so going to work/walk on soi nana lol.  the only way it could have been worse if it were an african hooker

15 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Is anyone holding a gun to their heads, forcing them to drive a cab...? You either make a choice and deal with it or change it.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:51 AM, williamgeorgeallen said:

I drove a taxi during my student years in the 1970's and yes...a totally crap job for the most part.  I did meet some really interesting and kind people at times but more often than not, passengers were rude and abusive.

Surprisingly enough, prostitutes were usually polite and rarely a problem.  The  worst? Doctors.  Nothing drivers hated more than a big medical convention; cheap and demanding bung holes.