Farm land prices Korat

catwho

Talking to the Mrs, she said land prices, in general, have gone down because of the goverment.we have land in Shihu other side of big lake 60ks before Korat.It had gone up 5 fold in 6 years

Anyone.

Ta CAT

From the limited experience I have with land/land prices here, it seems to depend on the location of the land. 

Plots close to busy roads are commanding higher and higher prices whereas where we live, off the beaten track, prices have increased gradually to approx. ฿ 150,000/rai (with road access) and parcels of land with no road access have remained unchanged at about 80,000 per rai. 

It also depends on how keen the owner is to sell. 

Edited by djayz

3 hours ago, djayz said:

From the limited experience I have with land/land prices here, it seems to depend on the location of the land. 

Plots close to busy roads are commanding higher and higher prices whereas where we live, off the beaten track, prices have increased gradually to approx. ฿ 150,000/rai (with road access) and parcels of land with no road access have remained unchanged at about 80,000 per rai. 

It also depends on how keen the owner is to sell. 

Bout right here, north Chon Buri

Yeah so what Lam If u dont know say nothing.

Thanks boys We live in OZ and the way she was going on ,,its like land dropped by Half.

And by the way wally LAM.. my Thai wife supports me and our 2 kids.and has done for 17 yrs.Sorry Admin i misspelt his name before.

Ta cat

10 hours ago, catwho said:

Thanks boys We live in OZ and the way she was going on ,,its like land dropped by Half.

be careful catwho..she might be getting ready to stitch you up :cheesy:

12 hours ago, catwho said:

Yeah so what Lam If u dont know say nothing.

And by the way wally LAM.. my Thai wife supports me and our 2 kids.and has done for 17 yrs.Sorry Admin i misspelt his name before.

Ta cat

Keep taking the meds dude

We live in an area that is 330 meters above sea level. The land is not that fertile for farming but it is level and surrounded by mountains. Ten years ago I bought my wife a ten rai small farm for 18,000 baht per rai. A couple years later I bought her another ten rai for 20,000 baht per rai. After I gave her a start, she works her little butt off and has continued to accumulate land. She now has more than 65 rai. The last piece she bought has no electricity and the nearest paved road is three kilometers away. She paid 100,000 baht per rai. This high ground has no flooding problems and I think that is the reason the prices have skyrocketed. People in flood prone areas seem willing to pay silly prices for high ground. I warned my wife that this could be a bubble but she says that she will never sell any of her land so she doesn't care. She has no children to inherit the land and her family will be scrambling to split up the land that she worked so hard for. I should add that she uses no makeup and doesn't own a dress.