Custom Length Ethernet Cables

narkeddiver

Yes. Go to one of the computer plazas. Find a shop that stocks plugs, screws and other small computer bits. They will make you cables up from the bulk cable roll. On the other hand, the length that you want are commonly used in enterprise as 'patch cables'. Pre-made patch cables of the right length may be cheaper than getting them custom made.  Ask in the same shop.

14 minutes ago, whimsy said:

Yes. Go to one of the computer plazas. Find a shop that stocks plugs, screws and other small computer bits. They will make you cables up from the bulk cable roll. On the other hand, the length that you want are commonly used in enterprise as 'patch cables'. Pre-made patch cables of the right length may be cheaper than getting them custom made.  Ask in the same shop.

Cheers whimsy - I'm using the tried and tested technique of running a piece of string from port to port and adding a few centimetres to get the approximate lengths required ;)

Computer Plaza , 2nd shop in on the right.  It's very small but they will make up exactly what you want and test it before letting you have it.  Cat 5e or Cat 6 and the prices are just as good as buying those ready made cheapos from the accessory shops.  I took all my cables in there to get them tested and about 30% were no good so they went in the bin.   BTW, 20cm may work with string but if you force a sharp bend close to a plug you're asking for trouble.

I went to this shop (stable cables) this afternoon.  10m just 120 baht and my oh my, what a difference.

Streaming is a lot more stable (pun not intended). Tesco cable is now in my crap wire bin out in the shed.

Nice guy in the shop....very helpful.

Will recommend without hesitation.

Archived