Strange line on my TV

brewsterbudgen

I did a brief search with Mr Google and numerous possibilities such as loose cable connection at the back to a faulty panel. 

There are a number of videos that may help on you tube too.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Any idea why my Toshiba TV has a straight line down the side of the screen? It's on all channels but particularly noticeable on the Open golf.

Want to see mine? :biggrin:

From another thread:

wear.jpg.72f2ea442e6c0c920675a00c6b67affd.jpg

Agree with post #2.

And connectors are tight.

My monitor is 11 yr old and additionally develops a "light grey cloud" on the upper left.

So it's obviously dying and will RIP soon.

Any suggestions on a 24 inch, IPS panel monitor with DVI connector? :biggrin:

Post from @RichCor  in the other thread

10 hours ago, Jdietz said:

Yeah loose cable or driver board. It's a whole column so display probably fine.

Amorn or alike can probably fix it for a nominal fee.

No worries about Amorn they will charge you a nominal fee even if it is a lose board

Just took my microwave to my local one & they told wife something was burnt out (bullocks ), As i had to open up the back after 4 days (when it failed again ) only to discover they just glued a door sensor into position ( I had a look in the back prior to see if i could fix) Cost 1000 bht with no parts replaced 

PS: Had to stick a bit of paper in to lift the sensor

Edited by BEVUP

Unfortunately it is ether a bad driver board or a bad column on the display. How old is the TV?. Sometimes its cheaper to get a new one compared to what it cost to fix it. I have had this problem myself. I bought a new TV. This was do to the fact it would have cost more to fix it.

Best of luck.....

Unfortunately it is ether a bad driver board or a bad column on the display. How old is the TV?. Sometimes its cheaper to get a new one compared to what it cost to fix it. I have had this problem myself. I bought a new TV. This was do to the fact it would have cost more to fix it.

Best of luck.....

Thanks. The TV belongs to the owner of the condo I'm renting. I'll see if she's up for replacing it.

Probably because it's a Toshiba, I cannot tune mine anymore though it runs okay on HDMI and AV input etc, and the channels that are already tuned. AMORN said it was motherboard problem. I will always buy PANASONIC in future, never any woes.

4 hours ago, BEVUP said:

No worries about Amorn they will charge you a nominal fee even if it is a lose board

Just took my microwave to my local one & they told wife something was burnt out (bullocks ), As i had to open up the back after 4 days (when it failed again ) only to discover they just glued a door sensor into position ( I had a look in the back prior to see if i could fix) Cost 1000 bht with no parts replaced 

PS: Had to stick a bit of paper in to lift the sensor

Although not what you experienced apparently, magnetrons DO burn out in microwaves.

Check the TV by a different input. Connect laptop or iPhone, DVD player, if you still have the problem it is the TV problem, but if picture is clear with other device then could be your TV box, cable from main supply, or wiring to the TV Antenna input.

Edited by Foozool

On this.  I love THE OPEN.  The best tourney I think.  I have the Black Box and am watching it on Fox sports which apparently has a contract with True Vision.  But, the dude is a Thai speaking announcer.  I cannot find it in English?  I tried Sky, but it would not connect.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

20170721_180643.jpg

Edited by bkk6060