New law applicable in Thaksin cases: Wissanu

webfact

12 minutes ago, Pridilives said:

No it wasn't 2275. Can't you read. If gonna talk why not check fact first. Check fact mean not look silly.

I did ask you how many......you have yet to give a definite answer. All you have done is post some assumptions of at least three different numbers, all just a guess in my opinion. Except of course for the police number ...72 or 75 was it?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Because you refuse to accept a medieval-style, never-ending situation of patronage, breathtaking corruption and a judiciary they would even have made Saddam Hussein uneasy, does not make you a communist or a fascist.  I often marvel at how foreign TV members always claim to know what "most" Thais want/prefer etc. 

You do

15 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I did ask you how many......you have yet to give a definite answer. All you have done is post some assumptions of at least three different numbers, all just a guess in my opinion. Except of course for the police number ...72 or 75 was it?

Read full article or remain ignorant. Your choice.

7 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

And something you are looking forward to? 

No one looks forward to conflict except maybe jihadis, but if the elites of a country are unwilling to relinquish their ill-gotten status without force, then so be it.  It is inevitable.  The so-called Arab spring was not a coincidence. And those that spearheaded the movement were neither communists or fascists, they were a secular youth movement for the most part.  The fact that this was - at least in the case of Egypt - hijacked by the Muslim Brotherhood (religious fascists?) is another story.   You appear to be yet another TV member that agrees that freedom of expression is somehow a sin, and the current head of state (the petulant little man-child imbecile) is justified in jailing anyone that he feels gets in his way.

18 minutes ago, Pridilives said:

Read full article or remain ignorant. Your choice.

I asked you a simple question after you challenged me on the number I quoted. You have still not quoted a number....I don't want a multiple choice answer.

25 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

No one looks forward to conflict except maybe jihadis, but if the elites of a country are unwilling to relinquish their ill-gotten status without force, then so be it.  It is inevitable.  The so-called Arab spring was not a coincidence. And those that spearheaded the movement were neither communists or fascists, they were a secular youth movement for the most part.  The fact that this was - at least in the case of Egypt - hijacked by the Muslim Brotherhood (religious fascists?) is another story.   You appear to be yet another TV member that agrees that freedom of expression is somehow a sin, and the current head of state (the petulant little man-child imbecile) is justified in jailing anyone that he feels gets in his way.

Mr T looked forward to a conflict.......a million people and a million liters of benzene and burn Bangkok to the ground. I will lead you!!!

Of course that was via the big screen Skype and Mr T had something else to do that day.

Why the Arabs are involved in this discussion is beyond me.

There have been many uprising over the centuries, think Oliver Cromwell, the French Revolution etc and all ended up with the same result......there is always someone in power and there are always poor people. Look at any version of Communism...you have ruling elite and then the rest.

There is one constant in this world....you can never make a poor man rich by making a rich man poor.

13 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I asked you a simple question after you challenged me on the number I quoted. You have still not quoted a number....I don't want a multiple choice answer.

Estimate is homocide rate up about 1300 of which police say about 70 they do. BUT doesn't mean 70 extra judicial murder because if you read article it shows there is query about translation. Mean of 70 police kill maybe some or maybe all be legitimate defence kill. So interesting thing is why people like you say 5000 murder by thaksin when completely wrong. You see when look at fact behind accusation often see just smear that only gullible believe. If you care to know fact about drug war in Thailand just read article if you want to keep repeat lie then keep repeat lie. I personally believe not good for health stray too far from fact.

5 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

There is one constant in this world....you can never make a poor man rich by making a rich man poor.

But you can make a rich man richer by keeping the poor man poor. All you have to do to achieve this is to disenfranchise the poor by deny democracy.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

He would have to be charged first, then given a trial and then flee the country.

His case has not made first base yet.

The statue of limitations starts the day of the alleged crime where I'm from. The Red Bull aire has already gone past on a couple of his possible charges and cannot be tried for them now. It is by design that he has been let go every time he likes and will not be pursued until he is free and clear of all charges. Since they have written this new law to only effect elected officials it will not apply to him very conveniently.

24 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Mr T looked forward to a conflict.......a million people and a million liters of benzene and burn Bangkok to the ground. I will lead you!!!

Of course that was via the big screen Skype and Mr T had something else to do that day.

Why the Arabs are involved in this discussion is beyond me.

There have been many uprising over the centuries, think Oliver Cromwell, the French Revolution etc and all ended up with the same result......there is always someone in power and there are always poor people. Look at any version of Communism...you have ruling elite and then the rest.

An interesting retort. However, the reference to the Arab Spring is very relevant in the case of Thailand right now.  There will never be  - of course - complete equality for all mankind, however leveling the playing field as mush as possible will always be a natural aspiration. Your selection of uprisings it highly selective and also a little strange considering how things eventually turned out.  At the end of the day is that I'm always totally baffled at foreigners in Thailand defending an entity that would have people thrown away to rot in prison for voicing an opinion.  There is no defense for that. And as for using state money to deploy security forces to a concert to count hip thrusts... need a I say more?

23 minutes ago, Pridilives said:

But you can make a rich man richer by keeping the poor man poor. All you have to do to achieve this is to disenfranchise the poor by deny democracy.

Indeed, and for anyone who complains about that  - or questions the wealth of the junta - attitude adjustment followed by jail... and no bail.

53 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

An interesting retort. However, the reference to the Arab Spring is very relevant in the case of Thailand right now.  There will never be  - of course - complete equality for all mankind, however leveling the playing field as mush as possible will always be a natural aspiration. Your selection of uprisings it highly selective and also a little strange considering how things eventually turned out.  At the end of the day is that I'm always totally baffled at foreigners in Thailand defending an entity that would have people thrown away to rot in prison for voicing an opinion.  There is no defense for that. And as for using state money to deploy security forces to a concert to count hip thrusts... need a I say more?

Oh dear.....I'm not defending anybody at all. Apart from my wife who is sick and tired of seeing her country ripped apart by all the conflict, which many foreigners (according to this forum) in Thailand apparently wish to see resume.

Do you really think all would be rosy if Mr T came back and regained power? In my view there would be wholesale slaughter in the country until the army once again took control. Being thrown into jail for having an opinion would not be an option. The man is a psychopath with absolutely no enmity for his fellow countryman and whose only goal is to be the absolute ruler.....dictator.

Fair chance the PM we currently have will, at some point, go away....Mr T, in my opinion would start a dynasty and never go away.

But hey...I'm a foreigner, what does my, or indeed, your opinion matter?

16 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Oh dear.....I'm not defending anybody at all. Apart from my wife who is sick and tired of seeing her country ripped apart by all the conflict, which many foreigners (according to this forum) in Thailand apparently wish to see resume.

Do you really think all would be rosy if Mr T came back and regained power? In my view there would be wholesale slaughter in the country until the army once again took control. Being thrown into jail for having an opinion would not be an option. The man is a psychopath with absolutely no enmity for his fellow countryman and whose only goal is to be the absolute ruler.....dictator.

Fair chance the PM we currently have will, at some point, go away....Mr T, in my opinion would start a dynasty and never go away.

But hey...I'm a foreigner, what does my, or indeed, your opinion matter?

Once again, because I am critical of the junta, I am therefore a red shirt and an advocate of Thaksin.  How silly. The vitriol you spout against some ousted, third-world politician (I use the term loosely) is bordering on psychotic. As for the current "PM", he has no intention of going away.  You don't make speech a criminal offence if you intend to go away. And do you not realise that as long as the junta stays in power and/or maintains its influence in one form or another that reconciliation is about as close as Mars.  Just because people are not protesting on the street  does not mean that the conflict has gone away.  It's still alive and well, but at the moment not kicking.  It will be though.  You can not solve a conflict through oppression. It has never worked. Ask the Israelis and Palestinians.

24 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

Once again, because I am critical of the junta, I am therefore a red shirt and an advocate of Thaksin.  How silly. The vitriol you spout against some ousted, third-world politician (I use the term loosely) is bordering on psychotic. As for the current "PM", he has no intention of going away.  You don't make speech a criminal offence if you intend to go away. And do you not realise that as long as the junta stays in power and/or maintains its influence in one form or another that reconciliation is about as close as Mars.  Just because people are not protesting on the street  does not mean that the conflict has gone away.  It's still alive and well, but at the moment not kicking.  It will be though.  You can not solve a conflict through oppression. It has never worked. Ask the Israelis and Palestinians.

Ok...lets have a group hug and make up

I love you