KUL Visa Run

GiantFan

Doing a run next week and Air Asia has flights with a 2 hour turnaround in KL.  Last time I went to KL for the grand Prix, immigration a bit slow.  Wondering if 2 hours is cutting it too close.  Any comments?  Next flight is 4.5 hours.  Hate waiting in airports.  Don't think they had a special APEC card queue if memory serves me right.

Had once only 45 min because the plane from HKT was delayed. Plan was also 2h in KLIA2.

Did it in 30 min from exit plane till depature gate. So yes it is doable and yes maybe you have to walk fast.

If you have enough time try a burger a Johnny Rockets Burger. Yummy.

Edited by schlog

6 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Many years ago I did it with Air Malaysia with a 40 minute turn round. Phuket counter issued the return boarding card. Staff in Malaysia most helpful and fast tracked me back to the same plane. 

KLIA have shorter ways and APEC/Fast Track lane but nice time for a turn. Also MAS is different to LCC .

9 minutes ago, schlog said:

Had once only 45 min because the plane from HKT was delayed. Plan was also 2h in KLIA2.

Did it in 30 min from exit plane till depature gate. So yes it is doable and yes maybe you have to walk fast.

Yes, recall that arrival gate was miles away from immigration.  Trainers required.

If dpearting HKT flight is on time, you'll be fine.  If not, you're rolling the dice on the immigration queue and where your gates are. There is that mall at the new low cost terminal so it's not exactly waiting at an airport, but it's still waiting.  BTW, there's a nice villa market type shop in the basement that has some imported goods I don't see at villa.

I'm going to say No Chance if your needing to go thru immigration and rechecking in.

I've had close to two hrs wait in immigration lines at Klia2, which you then need to factor in rechecking in which the lines can take a while. And thats not taking into account the 15 to 20 min fast walk if your plane docks ar a far gate.

1 hour ago, psyvolt said:

I'm going to say No Chance if your needing to go thru immigration and rechecking in.

I've had close to two hrs wait in immigration lines at Klia2, which you then need to factor in rechecking in which the lines can take a while. And thats not taking into account the 15 to 20 min fast walk if your plane docks ar a far gate.

On many occasions I had to wait more than 1 hour just to clear immigration and as payvolt points out above this didn't even include the 15+ minutes "sprint"' from the gate to the immigration hall. 

Based on my experience at KLIA I personally would never ever risk a 2 hours turnaround. But hey, everyone's different :-))

Edited by DUS

Tigerair probably the better choice.  2 hrs more wait, but Changi has lots of distractions.

On another topic, why do I continually have to sign in to TV even when I tick the remember me box?  Happening for the last week or two.

8 hours ago, GiantFan said:

Tigerair probably the better choice.  2 hrs more wait, but Changi has lots of distractions.

On another topic, why do I continually have to sign in to TV even when I tick the remember me box?  Happening for the last week or two.

I thought it was just me.