SURVEY: Should ‘My Mate Nate’ be deported?

Scott

SURVEY: Should 'My Mate Nate' be deported?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. SURVEY: Should 'My Mate Nate' be deported?

• Yes, he should be deported.
    • No, he should not be deported.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Let him stay but I hope he heeds the advice of many people to stop some of his silly nonsense > he is on shaky ground as he made many Thais lose face with his ridiculous video mocking Thais English proficiency.  For a person who speaks Thai he knows little about Thailand and its culture and social mores.

I daresay you know less?

60% want him hung from the nearest tree, yet most of the comments here are of the "Live & Let Live" nature.

I think he should be refused at his next extension more than deported.The issue is not whether he should be deported but the fact that there are so many people that hate him tells me that for his own safety he might want to get out of Thailand for a little while sort himself out with a new job and then maybe quietly RETURN

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Let him stay but I hope he heeds the advice of many people to stop some of his silly nonsense > he is on shaky ground as he made many Thais lose face with his ridiculous video mocking Thais English proficiency.  For a person who speaks Thai he knows little about Thailand and its culture and social mores.

Here's some Thai "Social mores" for you.

04ed3c2e321898554b676bf6a72f8f7f--pattay

Pattaya-Ladyboys-1200.jpg

To me he's extremely  irritating and obnoxious but appeals to a very young generation, not a reason to deport him.

Add a few more words, Irritating, obnoxious, old miserable, grumpy and you would be deporting 40% of the posters on TV but then it wouldn't make for such entertaining reading

Edited by Dene16
add text

4 hours ago, dcnx said:

Didn't you pay attention in school?

Q: What are coins made of? 

A: Soft metals like zinc and copper.

Q: What are train tracks made of?

A: Very hard, high quality, steel alloy.

Those coins didn't leave a scratch those tracks regardless of what anyone says, and they certainly wouldn't derail a multi-ton train. That's a scientific fact. 

They found 38 scratches, dents on the tracks...........they now know the tracks may be substandard and need to be replaced with real steel, not the cheap chinese stuff.  No deportation, fined and jailed for not having a work permit since he is making money in Thailand and not paying taxes.

Definitely deported. People don't see the dangers of his pranks. Eg imagine if your family were up on the train and that train derailed due to the coins being placed on the tracks causing death or serious injuries to a fast moving train, let's see if you would sum it as a youthful prank or nothing wrong with it attitude. 

I never really understand the point of these polls, almost always boring and too open ended.In this case the only valid question is whether his foolish train/coin episode broke any law.I'm pretty certain it did.If so did he void the conditions he is permitted to stay in Thailand? If this is so,is the misdemeanour serious enough to warrant deportation? Maybe - but entirely up to the Thai authorities.

The petition is just so much nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

when brought to trial, Larry Flynt, founder of Hustler magazine, agreed he was probably guilty of one thing only : bad taste. 

I feel the same about this idiot. 

And I dont think Larry was an idiot, I just dont have an opinion about much and 

6 hours ago, koshiru said:

Definitely deported. People don't see the dangers of his pranks. Eg imagine if your family were up on the train and that train derailed due to the coins being placed on the tracks causing death or serious injuries to a fast moving train, let's see if you would sum it as a youthful prank or nothing wrong with it attitude. 

Are you for real?  How is it going to derail a train by putting a coin on the tracks?  Have you seen any fast moving trains in Thailand?  Only in your dream.  Did he kill anybody?  I don't understand why people get so worked up over such a menial issue.  Road deaths seems to be less important than putting a coin on a track.  Get a life people.

6 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I was putting nickels on railroad track in the early 1970's in Florida. Granted I was about 8 years old, out there with a 14 year old brother that put me up to it.

That seems to be Nate's target audience.

Yes it's illegal to trespass on rail lines. The guy got a 5,000 baht fine.

Case closed. He's a retard, YES, but he paid his fine. Leave him alone I say.

So you must be a retard as well for doing the same thing regardless of your age.  What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

The only reason he is known is because he speaks Thai and is stupid, fits in with the rest of them so leave him where hi bleongs

Do you know how to write?  Instead of ragging on somebody you should learn how to write.  Check your spelling.

2 hours ago, GeckosDiving said:

Why should he be any different he was working without a work permit kick the vermin out !! Over the many of years that I've been here and had to have a work permit gone through hell to keep it I think it's only fair !! And he is such a Dick.

Are you looking at yourself in the mirror????

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

They found 38 scratches, dents on the tracks...........they now know the tracks may be substandard and need to be replaced with real steel, not the cheap chinese stuff.  No deportation, fined and jailed for not having a work permit since he is making money in Thailand and not paying taxes.

Where did you read that they found 38 scratches, dents on the tracks?  And obviously somebody have to much time on their hands and if it is true, I agree it must be made of cheap Chinese metal.

Just an immature kid that needs to grow up,but imho doesn't deserve deporting.

I'd personally be far happier to see boss man brought home to face a real serious charge,than to see this kid deported.If his actions had caused the train to derail that would be different....Hope he's now learned his lesson.

7 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I was putting nickels on railroad track in the early 1970's in Florida. Granted I was about 8 years old, out there with a 14 year old brother that put me up to it.

That seems to be Nate's target audience.

Yes it's illegal to trespass on rail lines. The guy got a 5,000 baht fine.

Case closed. He's a retard, YES, but he paid his fine. Leave him alone I say.

I was about the same age. We used to put two coins together and the train wheels would usually fuse them together. 

50 minutes ago, Gerard052 said:

Are you for real?  How is it going to derail a train by putting a coin on the tracks?  Have you seen any fast moving trains in Thailand?  Only in your dream.  Did he kill anybody?  I don't understand why people get so worked up over such a menial issue.  Road deaths seems to be less important than putting a coin on a track.  Get a life people.

The Thai authorities are quite adept at derailing their own trains....or perhaps it was pesky Thai children putting coins on the tracks. They never made the news though. 

7 hours ago, koshiru said:

Hahha...you for real??? train derailed by a few coins on the track? I was doing that 50 years ago.

Guess what... an 80 ton loco don't care and certainly wont be derailed.

/

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

I never really understand the point of these polls, almost always boring and too open ended.In this case the only valid question is whether his foolish train/coin episode broke any law.I'm pretty certain it did.If so did he void the conditions he is permitted to stay in Thailand? If this is so,is the misdemeanour serious enough to warrant deportation? Maybe - but entirely up to the Thai authorities.

The petition is just so much nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Now you are starting to understand the forum...what was originally a Thai Visa forum I,e, a forum to explain Thailand visas and how to get them has degenerated along with the internet generally to a bitch fest everywhere. Don't get me wrong...there is a lot of good, relevant information to be found

I neither support no condemn Nate..there are literally millions like him online. Ties have move on since I was 35 years old when the internet became available to all....and that was only 25 years go

As the coins have the kings image on them I am surprised he has not been hit with Lese Majeste yet.

Then it would get interesting, 20 years or so of hard labour.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Litlos said:

As the coins have the kings image on them I am surprised he has not been hit with Lese Majeste yet.

Then it would get interesting, 20 years or so of hard labour.

Cheers

As they were not Thai coins it is hardly a surprise.

How strange, for me the work permit application is completely stress free. I am quite sure Nate will find the process stress free also.

Well aren't you a hero and I bet you are the kind of guy that likes to walk around and listen for zippers to rattle Huh

2 minutes ago, Nord X said:

As they were not Thai coins it is hardly a surprise.

Had to dig a bit to find that.  Well it proves he is not completely  stupid.  However it may well be the case of other countries are as rabid as Thailand in Lese Majeste.  Or maybe not...

Cheers