Mobile Password manager?

I have Last Pass on my mobile and only open it when I really need it. Then I have to use the master password.

All my passwords are about 15 digits long and are different for every site. I can remember most of them as I have a certain pattern or system.

The problem arises when I use VPN to logon to some sites. The site thinks I am someone else trying to access my site. I am then forced to change the password and cannot use old passwords , so i have to add extra characters. That is when I need LastPass.''

All in all I am very happy with LastPass

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with Lastpass secure as anything.

1. Phone password would need to be entered.

2. Data is encrypted at rest so copying appdata is not an option.

3. You must enter your master password to open app.

4. To view a password you must again enter master password or fingerprint.

Seems pretty secure to me.

I've had LastPass on my phone for about 4 years now, on my laptop even longer.  Very happy with it.  I have it set up on my phone so, if it hasn't been used for a while, I have to enter the master password (which is really long and a bit of a pain on a phone)...but once it's been entered, for the rest of the day (or for quite a few hours) I can just use a PIN I've set up to access my saved passwords (copy and paste without seeing them) for various sites.  Very handy.

If you enter some countries, such the US and the UK, you can be compelled to provide passwords to your cellphone, presumably including those for your password manager, which is to say, for everything you own.

Not very likely of course, but a risk nevertheless.

17 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

I share your concern and it is for real. The same is true when I can download an application from Google Play and must repeat my Master Password. How do I know who keeps what

Shouldn't be the same, because you shouldn't use your Google password ("Master Password") for anything sensitive.  You shouldn't trust Google.  For example, I do use Google Drive to store backups, but those backups have been encrypted with a strong password before being uploaded.  Anyone who got access to my Google password might be able to buy some apps from Play on my dime, but that would be the extent of my risk.

But you have to trust your password manager with the most sensitive data you have.