See 4 Graphic Booze Warning Labels Under Study

webfact

See 4 Graphic Booze Warning Labels Under Study

By  Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

boozewarning.hed_.-696x445.jpg

BANGKOK — Officials are mulling a plan to slap graphic warning labels on alcohol products, a top regulator said Monday.

Similar to the explicit warnings already mandated for cigarettes, large warning labels are being studied for alcohol to raise awareness of its dangers and cut the number of drinkers, according to Alcohol Control Board director Nipon Chinanonwait.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/business/2017/07/24/see-4-graphic-booze-warning-labels-study/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-07-24

what a waste

How about putting the effort into road safety ......................anti drink driving and enforcing the law, and if you don't know in Thailand how to do that (which it seems obvious you don't) then get outside help from people that do.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials are mulling a plan

If any sort of alcohol warning label is needed it would have to be for Lao Khao. But even if there was I doubt it would have any impact. 

All this mulling is wasted effort........as their mulling usually is.

Thailand is plainly following a global concern and taking similar steps as most western nations do so with regard to tobacco and alcohol...

It may or may not help, but it's always better then doing nothing about the addiction issues...perhaps towards youth who may be more receptive to such warnings?...

However, long life smokers and (social) drinkers like myself won't give a s**T on the labels...

On 25/07/2017 at 0:43 PM, Cadbury said:

If any sort of alcohol warning label is needed it would have to be for Lao Khao. But even if there was I doubt it would have any impact. 

All this mulling is wasted effort........as their mulling usually is.

"All this mulling is wasted effort..."

It isn't if you are from a civilized country and know just what you are doing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulled_wine

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=MULLED+WINE&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVl76a4abVAhWJW7wKHWfDDu8Q_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thailand is plainly following a global concern and taking similar steps as most western nations do so with regard to tobacco and alcohol...

It may or may not help, but it's always better then doing nothing about the addiction issues...perhaps towards youth who may be more receptive to such warnings?...

However, long life smokers and (social) drinkers like myself won't give a s**T on the labels...

"However, long life smokers and (social) drinkers like myself won't give a s**T on the labels..."

I gathered that you enjoy a social drink, as I am sure, many of us do. And good for you.

However we farangs are a tiny minority. This is aimed at the Thai males, in particular those who consume a bottle of Lao Khao every day, as does my neighbor. He doesn't smoke, but loves his LK or Hong Thong.

I like an occasional glass of wine or beer with a meal, but fortunately I don't have the physical chemistry or the resources o become an alcoholic.This is, like the cigarette warnings, merely window dressing, as the income from alcohol and tobacco sales is a significant contributor to the Thai budget.

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"However, long life smokers and (social) drinkers like myself won't give a s**T on the labels..."

I gathered that you enjoy a social drink, as I am sure, many of us do. And good for you.

However we farangs are a tiny minority. This is aimed at the Thai males, in particular those who consume a bottle of Lao Khao every day, as does my neighbor. He doesn't smoke, but loves his LK or Hong Thong.

I like an occasional glass of wine or beer with a meal, but fortunately I don't have the physical chemistry or the resources o become an alcoholic.This is, like the cigarette warnings, merely window dressing, as the income from alcohol and tobacco sales is a significant contributor to the Thai budget.

Wow!..a bottle per day!!...that's not quite social....let's hope such mandatory warnings give the chap some points to ponder?

Totally right that the tax and excise duty from booze and cigarettes is globally a goose with golden eggs...a bit like drug money and money laundering...to much money involved to really clean up things...

Of course a requirement to have this special-label on every bottle, might help deter imports of foreign brands, such as Beer-Lao or decent wine  ...  so this would be a two-for-one winner, then  ...  warn drunks it's bad for them & reduce foreign-imports which compete with Thai brands too ! :wink:

To be followed by a crack-down by Customs, on duty-frees, thus enhancing Thailand's reputation as a tourist-hub ! :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Of course a requirement to have this special-label on every bottle, might help deter imports of foreign brands, such as Beer-Lao or decent wine  ...  so this would be a two-for-one winner, then  ...  warn drunks it's bad for them & reduce foreign-imports which compete with Thai brands too ! :wink:

To be followed by a crack-down by Customs, on duty-frees, thus enhancing Thailand's reputation as a tourist-hub ! :unsure:

I recall in certain periods of the year it is cheaper to take a same day return low-cost flight from France to Spain to purchase a 200 piece cigarette pack, then purchasing it in France due to the heavy tax...same will happen for Thailand if customs get too greedy on tobacco and booze...

Transborder shopping from Thailand  will flourish, thanks to dutyfree and low cost airlines that crash fares in low season...and  Thailand will loose the revenue.....

Edited by observer90210

27 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Seems like an entrepreneurial soul could do a pretty good business printing up adhesive labels that meet the specifications- to be sold to wine importers.

stupid nonsense - someone in a position of authority trying to justify their existence with uneducated infantile rubbish

sure just paint every vehicle in Thailand with images of carnage on the roads in Thailand

are these people adults in positions of authority trying to run a country ?