Another sickening attack as boy nearly dies in Ayutthaya after fifth attack by same dog

webfact

12 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I have 4 dogs who fight on occasion seeing them lose it with each other is not a pretty site they go for the kill and are not easy to separate, unimaginable to see that happening to a child of 5

Then why do you keep them from your photo post you have children???? 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

That is actually pretty good going. Litter mates are hit and miss...it is why owning them is generally discouraged, 

Well done. 

We have 2 bitches sisters, from same litter by god its hard work at first as because of this there is no TOP dog! 

6 minutes ago, Scottdenny said:

Then why do you keep them from your photo post you have children???? 

3 children 27, 15, 16. The one in my picture is my first born daughter

Edited by Dave67

14 hours ago, steven100 said:

When will someone shoot that dog...  ?

As I understand it there is a smaller penalty for shooting a human than a dog in the los. But I do feel sorry for the child. I wish him a speedy recovery. And thanks to the heroic older child chasing the dog away. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Neglect

1 hour ago, poohy said:

We have 2 bitches sisters, from same litter by god its hard work at first as because of this there is no TOP dog! 

From personal experience I find 2 bitches harder than 2 males to keep together. The two males may have the odd fight but after the fight that is the end of it, they are happy again. Bitches generally do not forget and can have continuing issues/sulking. Also I find fights between bitches a little more serious, where as 2 males its just a bit of a slap around. 

The in-laws female Retriever we used to look after for a while. When my bitch hit about 8 months she was getting physically bigger than the Retriever, my dog had no issues with this, the Retriever did (knew she was losing her position). So aggression started to happen. The Retriever is a great dog  with people, but likes to be boss with every other dog in the village. My dog would never retaliate to injure, just put her in a submissive hold - which was good as no one ever got injured even though the Retriever had intent.

Luckily for us though we could send her back to a few weeks after the aggression started. However, not long ago (6 months after they last saw each other), we drove past on the way to the vet. Even seeing each other through the car windows 20m away from each other set them off. She is the only dog my dog will show any sort of aggression to in the village now. Thai dogs can even fear bite her and she will just continue walking along and ignore them, but the Retriever is a whole different matter.

Litter mates I think are either inseparable to the point where they will have anxiety issues, or aggressive. A lot of hard work to get them right...I could imagine your situation. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Duck said:

As I understand it there is a smaller penalty for shooting a human than a dog in the los. But I do feel sorry for the child. I wish him a speedy recovery. And thanks to the heroic older child chasing the dog away. 

point taken; along the way i believe there was another point; something along the lines of outdated laws ?

17 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Dogs are a specially protected species here, even when they maim and kill. No doubt somebody will be blaming the owners as usual, we all know dogs are all innocent :sleepy:

Dogs are innocent it's just bad owners what you put in a dog when it's a puppy is what you get out of it when he gets older pure and simple no brainer.

Pratumnak in Pattaya is dreadful for dogs. Especially Cozy Beach Road. The Dolphin Hotel on Soi 3 Kasetsin finally put a muzzle on one of their demented vicious dogs after several attacks on local tourists but their other dogs still think they own the road. A disgrace on the face of Thailand. 

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

From personal experience I find 2 bitches harder than 2 males to keep together. The two males may have the odd fight but after the fight that is the end of it, they are happy again. Bitches generally do not forget and can have continuing issues/sulking. Also I find fights between bitches a little more serious, where as 2 males its just a bit of a slap around. 

The in-laws female Retriever we used to look after for a while. When my bitch hit about 8 months she was getting physically bigger than the Retriever, my dog had no issues with this, the Retriever did (knew she was losing her position). So aggression started to happen. The Retriever is a great dog  with people, but likes to be boss with every other dog in the village. My dog would never retaliate to injure, just put her in a submissive hold - which was good as no one ever got injured even though the Retriever had intent.

Luckily for us though we could send her back to a few weeks after the aggression started. However, not long ago (6 months after they last saw each other), we drove past on the way to the vet. Even seeing each other through the car windows 20m away from each other set them off. She is the only dog my dog will show any sort of aggression to in the village now. Thai dogs can even fear bite her and she will just continue walking along and ignore them, but the Retriever is a whole different matter.

Litter mates I think are either inseparable to the point where they will have anxiety issues, or aggressive. A lot of hard work to get them right...I could imagine your situation. 

you are really feeling that poor child's pain aren't  you? 

Most of the posts in this thread if you replaced the words 'dog', 'mutt' etc with the word 'farang', and it's like reading a Thai language message board after a farang does something nasty in Thailand. Seems Thai and farang are not so different after all. :saai:

1 hour ago, The manic said:

you are really feeling that poor child's pain aren't  you? 

The Thai kid doesn't need some anonymous farang on an obscure message board to 'feel his pain' for him man.

Get a grip of yourself.

5 minutes ago, Nord X said:

Most of the posts in this thread if you replaced the words 'dog', 'mutt' etc with the word 'farang', and it's like reading a Thai language message board after a farang does something nasty in Thailand. Seems Thai and farang are not so different after all. :saai:

Actually they are civilizations apart.

5 minutes ago, Nord X said:

If Thai and farang are living in the same places then it's a physical impossibility that they are divided by civilizations.

Yes physically but not mentality. Some civilizations have evolved, others have not.

3 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Yes physically but not mentality. Some civilizations have evolved, others have not.

The people are not the sum of a civilization, by very definition this must be the case.

Do you care to elaborate on your musings?

Edited by Nord X

1 minute ago, The Old Bull said:

Broken beer bottle and hamburger mixed up better

Why? They are both spineless ways to deal with the problem if there is one. Fact of the matter is that if a dog is out of control and a danger and it needs dealing with then deal with the problem head on, kill it quickly and as humanly as reasonably possible, there is no need to make it suffer a prolonged and agonizing death. Just kill it quick, it's a dog after all, it doesn't know what societies rules dictate, no need to be vindictive.

2 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Isn't that an Isaan buuugeer?

No, it's actually one of the three behaviours of the ‘Homicidal Triad’, and often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect when younger. It's highly probable he was a persistent bed wetter when younger too.

23 minutes ago, Nord X said:

The people are not the sum of a civilization, by very definition this must be the case.

Do you care to elaborate on your musings?

Civilization not about people? What...it's a society of som tum and buffalos?

9 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Civilization not about people? What...it's a society of som tum and buffalos?

The above is gibberish. Once you are able to converse in an understandable fashion please feel free to continue.

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Dogs are a specially protected species here, even when they maim and kill. No doubt somebody will be blaming the owners as usual, we all know dogs are all innocent :sleepy:

Of course it`s the fault of the owner.

All owners should be responsible for the behaviours of their dogs, and considering this dog has attacked people before, then the owner must ensure that the dog is secured on his property. I have 2 dogs and both of them are never allowed outside the boundaries of my property. The owner should be facing a prison term for negligence and as it seems he cannot control his dog, then sadly the dog will have to be put down before someone else is seriously injured or even killed. Idiots.