How Would You Make Thailand A Better Place ?

phazey

But why?

Why would you want Thailand westernized?

So it is more sociable for you.

So you can get Marmite, Bud or Durex condoms

at any store.

Sure 'white ' ideas are pretty good.

So are Asian and Thai ideas...

have you had one recently?

Why is it that Thais must be Westernized

and not the reverse.

That is the real racism my friend, in any colour.

I never said I did want Thailand westernized.

But it is a fact, the wheels of industry will see to that. Mcdonalds on Samui, Tesco Lotus popping up everywhere, kids with mobile phones, sex before marrage...etc.

Thailand has some good values and traditions which the west could do with, but sadly values and traditions are lost, easier than applied.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i would start by closing every bar, period.

I would legalise prostitution and make the girls charge people what they would pay back home.

In the meantime i would deport all farangs that where guilty of exploiting Thai people, publically humiliating them on worldwide TV first.

Thailand is a wonderful country, i just wish that people who come to Thailand to exploit the people where made to pay for their Crimes, and that is exactly what it is...................A Crime.

I would legalise prostitution and make the girls charge people what they would pay back home.

In the meantime i would deport all farangs that where guilty of exploiting Thai people, publically humiliating them on worldwide TV first.

Thailand is a wonderful country, i just wish that people who come to Thailand to exploit the people where made to pay for their Crimes, and that is exactly what it is...................A Crime.

Are you to the far right of Ghengis Kahn ?

But why?

Why would you want Thailand westernized?

So it is more sociable for you.

So you can get Marmite, Bud or Durex condoms

at any store.

Sure 'white ' ideas are pretty good.

So are Asian and Thai ideas...

have you had one recently?

Why is it that Thais must be Westernized

and not the reverse.

That is the real racism my friend, in any colour.

But it is a fact, the wheels of industry will see to that. Mcdonalds on Samui, Tesco Lotus popping up everywhere, kids with mobile phones, sex before marrage...etc.

Thailand has some good values and traditions which the west could do with, but sadly values and traditions are lost, easier than applied.

Too ###### true.

Corporate interests reduce traditions to

profit and loss statements and emerging markets.

There is a physical comfort level that I enjoy in LOS

and that is applied by Western business interests.

But I also feel discomfort. That is created by

the knowledge that corporate candy is rotting

the social fabric of many developing countries.

And I just maybe helping it along, which means

I must be part of the problem.

Add to that the arrogance of people who like

one poster here questioned whether Thais actually

spoke English. Punk.

It is up to all Thais to decide what they want

to improve in their country, IF anything.

Dumb questions like this topic do not help

the perceptions Thais have of outsiders.

By the way Thai prostitutes ARE giving it away

when you compare the rate they charge with rates

charged in more developed countries.

Go home. Get real. Don't come back!

Are you to the far right of Ghengis Kahn ?

woke up alone this morning perhaps?

Corruption is the biggest problem this country faces, and perhaps a few too many farang kii nok.

Other than that the Thailand that I know (perhaps different from the LoS you know) is a great place and I would not change it at all.

To everybody, whether you like it or not, the above statement is completely true. Thailand is becoming more Westernized because of sweeping globalization happening everywhere. For the foreigners that have been here for a long time, just take a look around you. Is LOS the same as it was 20 years ago? Are there many more McDonalds, Burger Kings, Subways, Pizza Huts and the like around than there was before? Pretty soon, we shall all be living on Planet 'Starbucks' and you'll be meeting your friends on the corner of '7-11' Ave & 'Dairy Queen' Rd.

i bet you are a right bundle of laughs Polo.

in your opinion every bar should be closed, are you sure you mean every bar? :o

OK Dave, Lam Morrison is a good Guitarist, he deserves to be heard, so i would make certain exceptions.

But every bar that caters for the sex trade would certainly be closed and all those guilty of the exploitation of Thai people would pay for their crimes, as i have said in another thread, If a man is willing to travel thousands of miles with the sole purpose of exploiting financially vunerable people, then they deserve no mercy in my worldview. My targets would be the beer bars, where smug overwieght farangs spend most of their time congratulating each other on their ability to exploit Thai people. Then they complain about the girls cos they want money for sleeping with the fat slob.

People that run these bars would be locked up for crimes against humanity.

It's a pity there is such a soft, liberal Pime Min. who just wants the bars to close earlier, expells farangs who criticise him and has addicts and rebels shot.

I for one think Thaksin Shinawatra is too soft. He should not think about closing bars early, he should not renew any licenses for any bars that are involved in the sex trade, Rebels are shot all over the world, and forgieners are in no position to criticize him.

Get rid of the scum sex tourists that flock to Thailand to engage in the exploitation of people, then he will recieve international acclaim.

Close the bars, expose those that exploit people, lock up those that encourage the sex trade by having beer bars that cater to forgien sex tourists.

Thaksin would be a hero. He needs to get tough.

OK Dave, Lam Morrison is a good Guitarist, he deserves to be heard, so i would make certain exceptions.

But every bar that caters for the sex trade would certainly be closed and all those guilty of the exploitation of Thai people would pay for their crimes, as i have said in another thread, If a man is willing to travel thousands of miles with the sole purpose of exploiting financially vunerable people, then they deserve no mercy in my worldview. My targets would be the beer bars, where smug overwieght farangs spend most of their time congratulating each other on their ability to exploit Thai people. Then they complain about the girls cos they want money for sleeping with the fat slob.

People that run these bars would be locked up for crimes against humanity.

have you heard lam before?

i'm not sure i agree entirely with your theory because as you know the blame also lies on bg's, there are some nasty girls out there, and yes there are some complete ######s who come here on holiday.

that is the reason i changed the style of my place when i bought into it, to keep out all the louts and perverts.

education , education, education... and I think this applies to just about every country.

teach people to think...comprehensionand logic is much better than just having people who can just parrot an answer....

why does every discussion end up getting polo ranting about the evils of fat farengs exploiting women/men/gender confused?

:o

good lord, some of these posts border on the ridiculous.

you can't change the big problems that thailand faces, so why don't you try this if you want to make thailand a better place.

1) volunteer your time to help school kids learn english or help them with their homework. be a mentor.

2) get a group organized to go around and pick up litter and trash in your neighborhood.

3)take a kid fishing or to a sports event so they wont be running around the streets with nothing to do.

4) help your elderly neighbor run errands such as going to the market or doing some work around the house.

5) donate time and materials to an orphanage.

the list goes on and on, it's the little things we cand do that will make thailand a better place.

chok dee

mango head

just as some people only talk because they like the sound of their own voice, some people only post because they like to read their own drivel with no goal to actually state a valid viewpoint. or, they are trying to become super members.

mangohead...where I live appears to be a tight, self contained rural community. Even if I was to volunteer as an English teacher I would probably displace someone who fought for the position. In my wanderings around town those that know me appear to be keen to protect me in my pristine falang state rather than to attempt to absorb me into the local milieu. There is no overt poverty that I can see...no beggars and etc. and other than to offer some smokes to some drunks down the market I can't see that I'd be doing anyone a great favor by becoming engage'.

Might be different in BKK and elsewhere but from where I stand now it's a matter of 'if it ain't broke...don't fix it...'

I'd love it...'hey...your municipal engineer don't know shit and is corrupt to boot. Gimme that job but I ain't workin' for no 80k baht per month...'. My wife would get out the duct tape right now and hide me in some village outside of town...

Polo are you out of your mind :o

So , you think that exploitation is a good thing do you?

People like you make me vomit!

I guess you are one of those people that think nothing of boarding a plane heading for Thailand with the sole purpose of obtaining cheap sex from financially vunerable people, well exscuse me.................you must be so proud of yourself, i bet you tell all your friends about your sexual conquests down your local pub, bragging about the 18 year old poorly educated girl could not get enough of your obese body....................

People like you should be Banished from Thailand forever.

Because he is a misguided unfortunate.

The sad loser should get a normal life.

You consider my critisism of the expoitation of Thai people by hoardes of Sex tourists misguided.

You consider me a loser, In what sense?

What do you consider a NORMAL LIFE to be? (Maybe you should not attempt to answer the last question)