Thai immigrant shot dead by Sydney police outside Central Station

webfact

'I’m nice and friendly’: Sydney man shot dead by police was trying to turn his life around

SHOOTING_ART_1.jpg

Danukul Mokmool was shot dead by police outside Central Station on Wednesday night. Source: Facebook

SYDNEY: -- A Sydney man who was shot by police outside Central Station on Wednesday was trying to turn his life around, describing himself as “nice and friendly”.

The tagline on Thai immigrant Danukul Mokmool's Facebook profile claims he was “nice and friendly” and continued, “My looks might confuse you, but my heart is pure".

After battling drug addiction and severe mental illness, the 30-year-old was reportedly dedicated to his recovery, studying at TAFE and going to a church for reformed criminals in his final months.

How the former prison inmate wound up dead outside one of Australia’s busiest train stations will now form part of a major investigation.

Full story: https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/36525568/danukul-mokmool-shooting-tragic-life-ended-at-central-station/#page1

-- YAHOO! 7 NEWS 2017-07-28

1 hour ago, webfact said:

How the former prison inmate wound up dead outside one of Australia’s busiest train stations will now form part of a major investigation.

Suspect attack on bystander and then charging police with deadly weapon (glass and scissors) might be a clue as to why.

24 minutes ago, trogers said:

Drug addiction and severe mental illness. And some here advocate society to free people's access to drugs...

People already have free access to the two most dangerous drugs known, Alcohol and tobacco.

42 minutes ago, trogers said:

Drug addiction and severe mental illness. And some here advocate society to free people's access to drugs...

Ah, people already have free access to drugs, they are called opiates and are completely legal and extremely profitable for their makers. It is currently being defined as a massive crisis. Illegal drugs were removed not for social benefit, as at the time there was no need, but just to remove competition for Big Pharma, has worked brilliantly...well, for them anyway.

Since this has become a discussion on drugs (very wide subject), I'd like to add my two bobs worth.  Remember the horror days of the late 60's and early 70's when gangs of hippies were terrifying people all over the world? No, neither do I.

Regardless of his ethnic background, if you rush at police with a weapon you deserve to be shot.  Police have families and don't get paid enough to wait until they are killed before protecting themselves.  Well done NSW Police.

just goes to show that in Australia professional policing is a thing of the past, if you are afraid (be very afraid) and you even think for a second you cant deal with the situation with your magic can of pepper spray just shoot the offender dead, and then tell the general public how serious the situation was and how sharp those scissors  actually were

edit : shoot him 4 times , i ask you ?

Edited by jhonnie
forgot to mention they shot him not once but 4 times!

34 minutes ago, jhonnie said:

just goes to show that in Australia professional policing is a thing of the past, if you are afraid (be very afraid) and you even think for a second you cant deal with the situation with your magic can of pepper spray just shoot the offender dead, and then tell the general public how serious the situation was and how sharp those scissors  actually were

Ever been in that situation

When someone is making threats to you with a pair of scissor's its hard to detach and think this guy is drug addict with a pure heart, church going criminal, running into one of the busiest train stations in the country to take a hostage? Its a very hard call to shoot someone, that these police will never forget. They had to make a decision on what was in front of them and what led to this maniac trying to rob a flower stall for cash.

RIP young Dan. His action will be felt by others for a long time.

On 7/29/2017 at 5:31 AM, jhonnie said:

Maybe the officers should have aimed for his legs, or shot the scissors from his hands - like in the movies.

It's sad that this young man had to die, but it's great that the officers got safely home to their families.