Your Partner

ajarnmark

Your Partner  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia phom gor ben khon sakon nakon.

Samee chan bpen kon sakon nakon doo-ay...! kao mee jai dee, chai mai...?

:o

Dton nee yoo tee-nai?

Please stick to English in the General Forum, as in all other forums except the Thai language forum, where you are very welcome to post in Thai, be it karaoke Thai or real Thai writing. :D

Don't know whether I am qualified to participate in the poll here, because I don't really live in Thailand and have never lived there, though i visit sometimes.

I'm a European and my wife is Taiwanese. We both live in Taiwan, and that's where I met her. She also lived in Germany and Belgium for studies.

I'm all in favor of international, interracial marriages, and I can say you guys/gals in Thailand are really lucky, cause some of the most beautiful people in the world are there. I guess Taiwan comes second. The mentality and the problems are similar in both places, I suspect from reading this forum.

Dton nee yoo tee-nai?

Don nee pak yoo tee HK khup. Kao ben khon jai dee khup.

puak chau pak yoo sai khup? Sabai dee bor? :D

Oops, just saw MS's post. Last one pls.

Edited by meemiathai

here is an old post of mine that I thought needed to be posted again....a tribute to all lovely Isaan women

When reading this post, I found myself contemplating why I love my Thai wife so much, and why she is so different from the many women in my past.I believe it is her faith..and upbringing that have endeared me to her most.She grew up in Isaan, the daughter of a rice farmer.She had no toys. She brought cold water to the house from a communal pump in her village.She crawled through chicken s@#t every morning to get the single egg she was allowed to take to school with her for lunch.She watched with a childs eyes, her mother weeping openly when asked why they came to reposess the refrigerator.She worked in the fields enduring scorpian bites, and told to use the other hand to pick..when her bitten hand swelled until useless.She polished the floors of her shack of a home..by rubbing the husk of a coconut endlessly over the wooden boards.When finally getting on a bus to Bangkok and searching for a job, she walked five miles every morning and evening rather than borrow the 3 bhat needed for the bus...she would wait until she got her first paycheck. She endured all these things thanking the Lord Buddha daily for her blessings.

My wife appreciates everything. Things I have always taken for granted are now apparent to me. She has opened my eyes to a new world.

I have never met a more brutally honest woman...and have no doubts about her feelings for me.

I thank the Lord as well..for having met her.

:o Edited by meemiathai

:D

Dton nee yoo tee-nai?

Please stick to English in the General Forum, as in all other forums except the Thai language forum, where you are very welcome to post in Thai, be it karaoke Thai or real Thai writing. :D

puak chau pak yoo sai khup? Sabai dee bor?

Just to re-iterate what has already been said:

Please read the Forum Rules.

13) English language is the only acceptable language on thaivisa.com, except of course in the Thai Language Forum where Thai is encouraged.

/edit, you beat me to it meemaithai :o

Edited by tuky

Anyway, to get back on topic. :o

My husband is from the South, and I didn't come looking for a husband (far from it since I was only 22 at the time we met) it just happened. We fell in love, got married and here we are, still happily married after 17 years.

I would hope that most people wouldn't look for a partner based on ethnic or regional considerations but rather compatibility and love.

Not surprising to see the poll results.

Thanks MEEMAITHAI for reminding us just why Isaan women can be so beautiful and make such good life long partners. I've not seen the absolute purity of these women expressed so clearly.

But it might be difficult to explain to my secretary what tears of joy are and that I'm not really upset about something. Guess I shouldn't be reading the forum at the office during lunch.

I've had one of each....good and bad. It's writings such as yours and others in praise of Isaan women which gave me the courage to go back a second time. It was worth it.

Not surprising to see the poll results.

Thanks MEEMAITHAI for reminding us just why Isaan women can be so beautiful and make such good life long partners. I've not seen the absolute purity of these women expressed so clearly.

But it might be difficult to explain to my secretary what tears of joy are and that I'm not really upset about something. Guess I shouldn't be reading the forum at the office during lunch.

I've had one of each....good and bad. It's writings such as yours and others in praise of Isaan women which gave me the courage to go back a second time. It was worth it.

Thanks for thanking me, sibeymai. But I think it is pumpuiman that you want to thank.

Yes, there is something special about Isaan women. But not all are good(suitable). There are good and bad in all different nationalities. I like every woman with a good heart.

My partner is from Australia.

After a few years in Thailand my gf tally ranks: Thai girls 2 - farang girls 3. None of them were particularly long relationships I must say.

Much happier with a farang whom I have so much in common with. Loving it.

here is an old post of mine that I thought needed to be posted again....a tribute to all lovely Isaan women

When reading this post, I found myself contemplating why I love my Thai wife so much, and why she is so different from the many women in my past.I believe it is her faith..and upbringing that have endeared me to her most.She grew up in Isaan, the daughter of a rice farmer.She had no toys. She brought cold water to the house from a communal pump in her village.She crawled through chicken s@#t every morning to get the single egg she was allowed to take to school with her for lunch.She watched with a childs eyes, her mother weeping openly when asked why they came to reposess the refrigerator.She worked in the fields enduring scorpian bites, and told to use the other hand to pick..when her bitten hand swelled until useless.She polished the floors of her shack of a home..by rubbing the husk of a coconut endlessly over the wooden boards.When finally getting on a bus to Bangkok and searching for a job, she walked five miles every morning and evening rather than borrow the 3 bhat needed for the bus...she would wait until she got her first paycheck. She endured all these things thanking the Lord Buddha daily for her blessings.

My wife appreciates everything. Things I have always taken for granted are now apparent to me. She has opened my eyes to a new world.

I have never met a more brutally honest woman...and have no doubts about her feelings for me.

Nice tribute. reminded me of a quote another TV member has on his posts "I never knew I was poor until someone on tv told me I was....Issan woman"

I did not choose my wife because she was from Isaan. I actually knew NOTHING about Thailand before marrying her.

I thought that I did, then I found out that I didn't.

A mere two years here (as a resident) has taught me much, but I still have a long way to go.

I had a knock on the front door about ten minutes ago, it was the wife of Nah Concrete (I will explain the name if required).... beer was required, and we had shut the shop.... there are other shops in the village that have a similar door knocking potential, but the wife of Nah Concrete came to our place, the last shop in the village. Why?.... because Nah Concrete built the place... that's the sort of loyalty and respect I like... it used to happen the world over, thankfully that sort of courtesy still reigns supreme here.

I love Isaan, I love the people of Isaan, I love my wife so much that sometimes it hurts me to think that just maybe we could have met sooner, so that she wouldn't have had to go through similar experiences expressed by pumpuiman earlier.

Genuine descent people that deserve more respect than a handful of hiso chinless wonders who think Thailand revolves around them...... it don't.

Did I say vitriolic at any point? :o

My girlfriend was born in Vietnam to a Chinese father living in Thailand and his Chinese mia noi living in Vietnam. Both parents were subsequently killed in the war and as a toddler, she was brought by boat to live in Thailand by her grandmother. She was raised by her Thai/Chinese relatives, who treated her as family and gave her a good rearing and excellent education.

I did not choose my wife because she was from Isaan. I actually knew NOTHING about Thailand before marrying her.

I thought that I did, then I found out that I didn't.

A mere two years here (as a resident) has taught me much, but I still have a long way to go.

I had a knock on the front door about ten minutes ago, it was the wife of Nah Concrete (I will explain the name if required).... beer was required, and we had shut the shop.... there are other shops in the village that have a similar door knocking potential, but the wife of Nah Concrete came to our place, the last shop in the village. Why?.... because Nah Concrete built the place... that's the sort of loyalty and respect I like... it used to happen the world over, thankfully that sort of courtesy still reigns supreme here.

I love Isaan, I love the people of Isaan, I love my wife so much that sometimes it hurts me to think that just maybe we could have met sooner, so that she wouldn't have had to go through similar experiences expressed by pumpuiman earlier.

Genuine descent people that deserve more respect than a handful of hiso chinless wonders who think Thailand revolves around them...... it don't.

Did I say vitriolic at any point? :o

Here here!

Great post Pumpuiman, thanks for sharing...

Joe

'any other place in Thailand'...Another place in Thailand?...sounds like a John le Carre novel and we as unsuspecting falangs are caught within a web of intrigue by asian femme fatales that lead us to our inevitable conclusion...

how about A Small Town in Suphanburi...le Carre would love that one as a title and would elevate my fantasy status considerably...

Dton nee yoo tee-nai?

puak chau pak yoo sai khup? Sabai dee bor? :D

Oops, just saw MS's post. Last one pls.

Sorry for thai, but it was just fun. Anyways, I'm not good enough at thai (and I s*ck at Isaan language!) to carry on, hehe. Though I liked the «bor», hehe, it's just so typical of Isaan people...!!

Back to your question, we live in Chiang Mai now, and we both LOVE it. I could'nt see myself live anywhere else in Thailand, really. We have a small café/bar here together, so everything is sabai sabai (cannot think of a propor translation!).

On the other hand I have to agree with whoever said Isaan people can be greedy, my husband had once quite a lot of money (but lost a lot a couple of years a ago when everything was stolen from his restaurant) and he helped then a lot of friends who borrowed a couple of thousands here and there, and when we built our own buisness recetly, we had a LOT of trouble getting back even small amounts like 500 or a thousand bahts, even though some of these friends now have good businesses and stuff. Mmh... and some of them own bars where we used to go and drink a lot, and since we opened, they came to see us but didn't even buy a beer or anything to support us or whatever, when many of our farang and northern thais did. Well... but yeah, they can be a lot of fun.

And I got all emotional about the message pumpuiman posted... that is so lovely...! I'm afraid my husband is not that pure (was perverted by Bangkok, Sangsom and crazy friends, I guess) but what he told me about his childhood sounds a lot like your wife's... and he's got a big heart as well, so honest and giving...

P.S.: meemianoy, if you don't know the work «weung» (my husband always calls me that, it's Isaan slang), ask your wife to explain it to you, for sure she's gonna laugh that a farang lady is being called a weung...!)

Edited by SkyWeung

poll shows the most spouses are from Isaan - no wonder, I thought as much.

I would've married one Isaan gal too, but she had a b/f already - so, it didn't work out well. although we realy had such a good "chemistry" as westerners say - and a lot of fun too. :o I've decided not to escalate the situation and let her sort it out with that guy first.

then somehow a half year later or so, I've met my present wife, who is from NE and has been studing in Ramkamhaegn in Bkk first, then working here for several years. I think khon nua people are as good as Isaanies.

'any other place in Thailand'...Another place in Thailand?...sounds like a John le Carre novel and we as unsuspecting falangs are caught within a web of intrigue by asian femme fatales that lead us to our inevitable conclusion...

how about A Small Town in Suphanburi...le Carre would love that one as a title and would elevate my fantasy status considerably...

as you may have gathered from another thread we had a while back, I aspire to be LeCarre's successor... So stay in my good books mate ! :o

as you may have gathered from another thread we had a while back, I aspire to be LeCarre's successor... So stay in my good books mate ! :o

I'm cool...let's revive :D 's people...I like polishing my specticles with my corbata when one is available...and now that I am old and fat what the hey

just finished re-reading The Tailor of Panama...not one of his best but a relaxing read nonetheless...fat guys gettin' laid all over the place...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I would hope that most people wouldn't look for a partner based on ethnic or regional considerations but rather compatibility and love.

damm your right this is where i am going wrong looking for a welsh speaking 7 foot tall chinese girl with blond hair and big breasts!! :o

I guess I was lucky, always loved Issan music and the farming life so I was fortunate to meet a lady from Bandung, Udon who gets up at 5.30 everyday, cooks the rice,takes the cows and tethers them to the adjoining fields, comes back and ensures 2 nieces living with us go to school. Then she waters 2 rai of chillis she's growing, weeding, etc.

Now she's taking on 20 rai of a brother's land, 3,000 baht a year rent to plant sugarcane.

Having things in common means so much, I often go to an internet cafe with a beautiful secretary\owner but she listens to that dreadful vacuous Thai pop all day. Now how could one ever be happy with that?

The only complaint is my wife is in bed by 7.30, the latest 8.00 pm, leaving me alone to sip another Leo and sit by the fire with the cows contemplating the starry sky and sound of geckos and frogs.

Edited by bannork

how can anyone 'go looking' for their mate? u do that when u breed goats or dogs; we just kind of trip over our mates. my veterinarian just married a girl that hates animals. how's that happen?

so we meet issan people. probably cause issan is the largest area (chai mai?) in thailand and with the most mobility due to job searching. everyone else stays put and they run in 'OTHER' circles, and maybe the 'simple straight farmer type' is what we are attracted too after dealing with other types (previous hubby was also farmer, no edu. etc. so maybe theory is wrong)

... my korat (NOT ISSAN SAYS HE ) husband was/is a foreign farm labourer making 13 shekels an hour...no edu. ex muey thai boxer , wasnt actually what i was looking for but thats what happens when u celebrate loy kratong by the full moon........ :o surrounded by animals.

although i admit then previously when dating i also stayed away from big city slicker types, and i dont tend to attract them also (smell of goat dung may be the reason)..

bina and anon