Climax Bar In Walking Street

paulnuek

Just spent 5 weeks in Thailand and 4 of them was in Pattaya.

On my first night I came across a bar in Walking Street called Climax.

I am a big Rock Music fan and could not believe how good the band was at this bar.

Playing everything for U2 to Jimi Hendrix.

I stayed every night until about 4.00am every night while in Pattaya.

If anyone likes live rock music this bar is a must!!!!!!

Edited by paulnuek

too bad that you missed lots of other great places...more or less opposite is the Blues Factory, and in North Pattaya the Easy Rider deserves a mention. And then there are the beer bar in Soi 2 with pretty good musicians and and and....

Just spent 5 weeks in Thailand and 4 of them was in Pattaya.

On my first night I came across a bar in Walking Street called Climax.

I am a big Rock Music fan and could not believe how good the band was at this bar.

Playing everything for U2 to Jimi Hendrix.

I stayed every night until about 4.00am every night while in Pattaya.

If anyone likes live rock music this bar is a must!!!!!!

well i suppose coming from peterlee it must have been good to find a half decent bar!

No it wasn`t the only bar I went to :o .

Went to the Blues Factory but wasn`t impressed at all.

Didn`t get to Easy Rider this time but have been before.

Only stumbled on Climax after coming from the 19th hole after a few games of pool.

Well impressed by the band.

Drink prices were ok considering there was a live band playing.

"well i suppose coming from peterlee it must have been good to find a half decent bar!", well you do have a point there :D .

Hoping to return in June and will certainly be going back to Climax (sounds a bit rude).

No it wasn`t the only bar I went to :o .

Went to the Blues Factory but wasn`t impressed at all.

Didn`t get to Easy Rider this time but have been before.

Only stumbled on Climax after coming from the 19th hole after a few games of pool.

Well impressed by the band.

Drink prices were ok considering there was a live band playing.

"well i suppose coming from peterlee it must have been good to find a half decent bar!", well you do have a point there :D .

Hoping to return in June and will certainly be going back to Climax (sounds a bit rude).

You either are'nt a Blues fan or you saw the wrong band. :D

I was down in Patters last August for 2 nights and several times for short stints before that. The last time I was there I cruised into that chinese market you hit if you hang a left at the beginning of walking street. I grabbed me an iced cold 100 baht corona and walked back to walking street where I heard familar sounds emanating from the last bar on left before walking street. It was none other than "wish you were here" and it was sounding great. I waited till the tune finished and hung my left on walking street and heard a song I worship and never expected to hear live in a bar anywhere. It was Main Ingredient's (or Blue Magic's) "Just don't wanna be lonely" coming from a bar there on the right side of walking street. That was a blow away when I heard that. I did walk into the Blues Factory for my 1st and only time after that, having heard about it on this site. I must have been a bit early and walked inside to a deserted bar cept for staff, who were not overwhelmingly friendly I might add. I walked out of there and continued all around town and stopped in a nearby place that was playing an outstanding version of "November Rain". I always like going down to hear the Philipino Bands as they play many different tunes to the very decent Bangkok cover bands. It's good to get that change of pace sometimes and I think I'm due for a trip soon. In Bangkok we seem to get several different bands playing the exact same tunes. I was in a bar that had an early band and late band; I heard "play that funky music" 3 times that night

some great live tunes I heard in BKK:

Africa, Rosana---Toto

Don't Stop Me Now---Queen

Wake Me Up When Sept Ends---Green Day

Babe---Styx

Sweet Child of Mine----every1 plays it well

Rock and Roll----Zep

Dancing in the Moonlight------King Harvest (this was a surprise, pleasant)

September----Earth Wind Fire----real nice version, black singer

Easy----Commodores---same singer, nice

many others but those come to mind. Looking to check more Pattaya places. The really great thing about Pattaya is that you never ever have to walk inside a place, you can hear the great tunes walking by and make your move

Edited by The Professor

you forgot Hotel California... :o

I try to ban that song as much as possible. :D

I did walk into the Blues Factory for my 1st and only time after that, having heard about it on this site. I must have been a bit early and walked inside to a deserted bar cept for staff, who were not overwhelmingly friendly I might add.

Deserted bar accept for staff maybe means its not open yet hence the staff not being ready.

What time / night was this? :D

Aye Mary and Blues Factory is outstanding and Lam is world beater - know guitarist better in Thailand!!! :o

There is a bloke in Chiang Mai called Tuk, that is not half bad.As good as anybody I have heard.

think i heard him,in a bar cannot think of name was a food place to,anyone could join in the jam.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...