Prayut dismisses criticism of mismanagement as Isaan reels under heavy inundation

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, YetAnother said:

ignores the facts, the reservoirs and other water retention areas were full Before the flooding; why ?

This is a good observation. Are the dam personnel managing levels across the region? It seems not

"He also invited members of the public to make cash donations for flood victims through a PM’s Office account with the state-run Krungthai Bank."

Donating made impersonal and easy….. and tax deductible according to a news report I read elsewhere, but would you?

The family of a friend lost their kitchen and other things from under their house, as well as their rice crop, and they know it will be a while before any help comes from official sources. They worked out what they need to get established again, and had a whip around family and friends in other parts of the country has raised the funds required. The cleanup was started and I guess most has been spent already…..

I was happy to front a week's pay to help. No tax break on that, but at least I know the money has gone in total and directly to where it is needed now. 

On 7/31/2017 at 4:31 AM, webfact said:

Prayut said he did not want the suffering of flood victims to be politicised in an effort to discredit the government, according to spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd. He said state agencies had frequently issued weather warnings but that the severe flooding stemmed from a natural disaster, not government mismanagement.

Didn't the mutterings about the need for a coup start around the time of the last big Bangkok region floods?

I can recall lots of people ready to jump in and blame the government of the day in similar fashion.

Has the worm turned already?