Why are second hand TATA's so cheap

Hi been scanning second hand markets for a few weeks and noticed on the weekend that a whole bunch of TATA's pick ups and trucks were cheap compared to other makes and comparable years.

Is it because they are crap, or Thais dont like them so they dont hold value or another country dumps their older models here.

Im only looking for something to use around the farm when I get there, anyone with good or bad infprmation please let me know.

TATA make brilliant heavy vehicles, their small vehicles are fish (carp).

All our Indian vehicles were TATA, all were junk, I assumed they were fairly long in the tooth but many were only a year old.

Of course, condition was not exactly enhanced by being driven around New Delhi by Indian drivers.

The only fully functional accessory was the horn (tested every 30 seconds).

For some reason, (probably because they're cheap), the drinking water delivery vehicles are  usually Tatas. I teased the drivers and every one of them hated the Tatas. No power and drive no good.

I’m looking for a Mini Truck , but keep coming across ‘’ cheap ‘’ TATA   pickups , this one is an example .

TATA Xenon CNG 2016 / 5,000 km - 189,000 Baht   :shock1:

https://rod.kaidee.com/product-134696550

Knowing that the second hand vehicle market in Thailand seems to normally keep the prices high , it does make you wonder about all these TATA  cheap vehicles .

CNG is going/has gone out of fashion. CNG means it is gasoline powered at birth. If one simply needed a farm truck and lived near a CNG station...

That being said it is probably possible to convert to LPG if LPG station is nearer, for about 40,000.

Have look and see how much the equivalent Tata Diesel is.

Archived